Greetings all, I have jumped on the blackberry wagon and am loving it...how do i install free google maps on my blackberry...any opinions on other maps? with much thanks....
    07-18-08 01:19 PM
    Go here and it will send a link to your BB -

Google Mobile - Maps

I really like Google Maps.
    07-18-08 02:38 PM
    Does anyone know how to find an earlier version of Google Maps? I upgraded to 4.5 on my 8320 and have discovered that no version of Maps past 1.6.4 will work on 4.5. (The installation hangs up at 90%; this is a known glitch if you believe various forums.)

I would like to put 1.6.4 on the BB, but can't locate it at Google...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
    07-21-08 07:44 AM
    Google maps is very nice, much better than what came with BB
    07-28-08 08:40 PM
    I recommend 100% google maps! Its awesome. You can even type under "search" and specific place and it gives you the neartest locations to you. On top of that its FREE!
    07-29-08 03:44 AM
    Does anyone know how to find an earlier version of Google Maps? I upgraded to 4.5 on my 8320 and have discovered that no version of Maps past 1.6.4 will work on 4.5. (The installation hangs up at 90%; this is a known glitch if you believe various forums.)

I would like to put 1.6.4 on the BB, but can't locate it at Google...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
    Uh - google "older versions of google maps" or something like that. I had the same problem on my Win Mobile PDA with the current version and found a site I think down under that had them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 08:46 AM
    I'm running 2.2 on my 8320 w/4.5. It was there when I was on 4.2 and the OS upgrade preserved it. I guess I shouldn't delete it then.
    07-29-08 10:08 AM
    I upgraded 4.5 over the old OS and it would not let google maps start. When I tried to download it it would say that there isn't any maps download for my rim software. I wiped my berry with jlc and did a fresh 4.5 install. Since then google maps downloads and works fine. Unfortunately it takes away the lady's voice from nav4 all and i uninstalled it.
    07-29-08 10:14 AM
    I really like google but i have found that Live Search Mobile really works better for me.

just type wls.live.com in your browser on your phone.

also here is a link with some info on it. Live Search Mobile
    07-29-08 10:16 AM
    Live search is indeed a great app. It coexists with Nav4all too.
    07-29-08 10:47 AM
    Google Maps and Live Search are both great products. Google maps is better/faster at pinpointing my location via GPS. Live Search is way off. Live Search's search abilities is better than google. Also their traffic maps are more accurate.
    07-29-08 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD