Just read on Boy Genius Report that apparently Google is looking to recruit Blackberry engineers. You can look at this in a few ways.

1.) Google is a shark circling the sinking ship.
    2.) A good opportunity for hardworking people to land at a solid company.
    3.) Google knowing something we all don't (at least something that isn't public yet).

I think Blackberry unfortunately really is finished. With all the bad financial news coming out in what seems like machine gun fire, you got to imagine what employees are thinking and feeling. I bet many have their resumes ready and are on the market looking. I think it's safe to say that the Z30 (if it will even really be released) is Blackberry's last dance at the rodeo. I don't see too many engineers or other Blackberry employees focusing on work and innovating these days.
    milo53 likes this.
    09-28-13 11:40 PM
    Just read on Boy Genius Report that apparently Google is looking to recruit Blackberry engineers. You can look at this in a few ways.

1.) Google is a shark circling the sinking ship.
    2.) A good opportunity for hardworking people to land at a solid company.
    3.) Google knowing something we all don't (at least something that isn't public yet).

I think Blackberry unfortunately really is finished. With all the bad financial news coming out in what seems like machine gun fire, you got to imagine what employees are thinking and feeling. I bet many have their resumes ready and are on the market looking. I think it's safe to say that the Z30 (if it will even really be released) is Blackberry's last dance at the rodeo. I don't see too many engineers or other Blackberry employees focusing on work and innovating these days.
    z30 is already selling, and i think u chose one of the worse possible places to get information from.
    09-29-13 12:07 AM
    From one point, I'm kinda glad that Google expanded up there in the North. It gives the affected BlackBerry employees a chance at working in the same area of the city.
    On the other hand, it could also mean that people that weren't affected could be eyeing their move to Google to secure theor future

Posted via CB10
    richardat and Poirots Progeny like this.
    09-29-13 12:18 AM
    With no prior context to the OP, it sounds like there are potentially two stories...

The way it's phrased here, it sounded familiar to when BlackBerry was looking for iOS and Android developers. What came from that? Cross platform BBM. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Google wants BlackBerry developers so they can launch products on BB10.

Buuuut, I can only assume this is referencing Motorola opening up shop in Waterloo.Might want to include a link in the OP?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:40 AM
    With no prior context to the OP, it sounds like there are potentially two stories...

The way it's phrased here, it sounded familiar to when BlackBerry was looking for iOS and Android developers. What came from that? Cross platform BBM. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Google wants BlackBerry developers so they can launch products on BB10.

Buuuut, I can only assume this is referencing Motorola opening up shop in Waterloo.Might want to include a link in the OP?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, saw a Motorola sign on a building beside Google and wondered because I'd never seen it before (I'm in Waterloo).

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    milo53 likes this.
    09-29-13 12:45 AM
    Good news for the 4500 employees
    09-29-13 12:50 AM
    Now the remaining 6500 have a reason to be jealous of the 4500 who are lucky enough to land at Google.
    09-29-13 01:57 AM
    Now the remaining 6500 have a reason to be jealous of the 4500 who are lucky enough to land at Google.
    My friend that knows someone that works for BBRY said staff morale in his department is quite low. Some staff, in fact, have their belongings ready as they're not sure if they will be part of the layoffs. Not a good working environment to be in.
    09-29-13 02:40 AM
    My friend that knows someone that works for BBRY said staff morale in his department is quite low. Some staff, in fact, have their belongings ready as they're not sure if they will be part of the layoffs. Not a good working environment to be in.
    They haven't figured out who's staying and who's going? What an effed up situation. They should sort that out as soon as possible.
    09-29-13 02:44 AM
    They haven't figured out who's staying and who's going? What an effed up situation. They should sort that out as soon as possible.
    It's the same stuff being discussed among staff that you find here in this forum. Who they prefer the buyer to be, etc. Some workers, even though it's probably not feasible, actually want Lenovo to buy BBRY.
    09-29-13 03:07 AM
    lol you guys ... Google is making a friendly invitation to the 4500 people that had to get laid off so that Thor can get his $50 million cheque. That's all.
    milo53 likes this.
    09-29-13 03:42 AM
    lol you guys ... Google is making a friendly invitation to the 4500 people that had to get laid off so that Thor can get his $50 million cheque. That's all.
    God Bless Google!
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-29-13 03:48 AM
    There are a lot of blackberry staff requiring employment - surely this is good for them. They need to go somewhere.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    09-29-13 04:39 AM
    Hardly. Google seems to finally be getting serious about recouping that $12b they sunk into acquiring Moto. A good pool of experienced engineers to select from is very useful to them, as well as to any other company in the field. It's business as usual.
    09-29-13 06:59 AM