I don't know if any of you feel the same way? After all I'm not the only one I'm sure, I've closed my google/gmail account tonight, after all the BS lately. I've saved my contacts and ported them over to my newly created Microsoft account, I've change my twitter and facebook main email and voila its done. I won't be bullied into using their product, there's other alternatives out there.

F Google
    Jake Storm and robkd like this.
    12-16-12 08:08 PM
    I've closed out my gmail account.
    cevag likes this.
    12-16-12 08:12 PM
    yeah, I closed mine out as well. I started using my old live account.
    cevag likes this.
    12-16-12 08:16 PM
    I've not closed it but I made an Outlook.com account. Its just so beautiful, clean and not cluttered/confusing unlike Gmail that I'm going to move to it full time soon. I'm also thinking of switching to Windows 8 from my Mac. If BB10 disappoints I'm going to WP8 too. Honestly I'm very broken between WP8 and BB10. The heart says WP8, the head says BB10. sigh
    12-16-12 08:17 PM
    I know how you feel, the interface is a bit different but once you play around with it, its actually pretty simple. I like windows 8 a lot (I also have a Mac) but I don't think I'd stray away from my BB, it just works so well for me + I like the keyboard.

F Google
    12-16-12 08:25 PM
    ^Yah BB's multitasking/peak seems to be lightyears ahead any platform.
    12-16-12 08:34 PM
    I don't know if any of you feel the same way? After all I'm not the only one I'm sure, I've closed my google/gmail account tonight, after all the BS lately. I've saved my contacts and ported them over to my newly created Microsoft account, I've change my twitter and facebook main email and voila its done. I won't be bullied into using their product, there's other alternatives out there.

F Google
    What did google do? Did I miss some big news?
    12-16-12 08:50 PM
    Yeah what did Google do?
    12-16-12 08:56 PM
    Ooops. Double post.
    12-16-12 09:01 PM
    Yeah what did Google do?
    "Winter cleaning"
    Dropping support for BlackBerry.
    12-16-12 09:02 PM
    Why is everyone up in arms about this? My e-mail syncs perfectly. Am I missing something?
    12-16-12 09:05 PM
    What is Gmail?
    john_v likes this.
    12-16-12 09:10 PM
    "Winter cleaning"
    Dropping support for BlackBerry.
    Oh! But it syncs fine for me....
    12-16-12 10:12 PM
    January 2013 Google is going to dump support for Exchange Active Sync. Which means only devices capable of Imap, CalDAV and CardDAV will be able to sync with Gmail accounts. of course Android devices will work fine because Google made sure all of that stuff is already integrated.

This of course also affects iOS and Windows Phone OS.

I am tempted to Close my Gmail but I may hold off until BB10 phones released to see if everything will work fine with Imap, CardDAV and CalDAV. other wise, I may just move to my account on outlook.com since Microsoft wont dump their own platform.
    GDubbin and bruce807 like this.
    12-16-12 10:13 PM
    I have to keep my gmail account to access youtube's dirty 18+ videos!
    12-16-12 10:17 PM
    January 2013 Google is going to dump support for Exchange Active Sync. Which means only devices capable of Imap, CalDAV and CardDAV will be able to sync with Gmail accounts. of course Android devices will work fine because Google made sure all of that stuff is already integrated.

This of course also affects iOS and Windows Phone OS.

I am tempted to Close my Gmail but I may hold off until BB10 phones released to see if everything will work fine with Imap, CardDAV and CalDAV. other wise, I may just move to my account on outlook.com since Microsoft wont dump their own platform.
    it will work fine with bb10. hang in there. still a great email service
    12-16-12 11:03 PM
    Wow, what a bunch of babies whining. Since when does dropping EAS mean that bb is no longer supported? Bb10 is going to have calDAV and cardDAV support. What's the problem? Does no one actually understand this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    djdragon and randall2580 like this.
    12-16-12 11:16 PM
    It's just their way of saying "We are better then you and we can pick and choose whatever platforms that we want to offer our support to". Let them continue to control the Android platform as they do already, and they are so good at. Not a big loss for me in any sense of the word
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-16-12 11:28 PM
    Wow, what a bunch of babies whining. Since when does dropping EAS mean that bb is no longer supported? Bb10 is going to have calDAV and cardDAV support. What's the problem? Does no one actually understand this?

Yea I dont get it??? Gmail is still supported by RIM and vice versa. There is an universal alternative for everyone to use, everyone cant use Exchange in the first place.
    12-16-12 11:46 PM
    What is Gmail?
    this i've never had a gmail account, had a hotmail account and i have a @rogers.com account which is now run by yahoo
    12-17-12 02:28 AM
    Only had a gmail account to take advantage of the enormous storage space they provided years ago. Now all providers are offering that kind of space, so it's BUHBYE to gmail.

Have registered a new live.com account and updated all my lists.
    12-17-12 03:21 AM
    Don't do a knee-**** reaction. Google can shut RIM out of the ecosystem, but that doesn't mean RIM can't poke into Google's ecosystem. I mean, RIM have hooks that can latch on to many ecosytems, like the vine on the garden wall.

Nah, I'm not too amused by Google's "screw you RIM, suck it" but if anybody remembers the company that RIM acquired that was later shut down so that they could focus on BB10, I think they'll be able to hook to that sync.

Worse comes to worse, RIM may just develop their own sync. Or upgrade theirs to have support for other formats. And Google can't shut that out, can they?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-17-12 04:07 AM

As I understand, older BB devices prior to bb10 don't support imap, caldav and carddav. So someone with a 2yr contract on BUSINESS using Gmail won't be able to use gmail anymore. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.
    12-17-12 09:25 AM
    Nope. I'll be using it on my BB10 device as well when I get it.
    12-17-12 09:42 AM
    I have'nt closed it yet I heard BB10 supports it but if google F around im out closing it without hesitation.Im scouring around for alternatives for a failsafe atm the eco war is about to begin.I predict a big loss of revenue in the phone/tablet market once next gen consoles drop.So offering services other phone/tablets dont use will come in handy during the war as the revenue pool will be smaller.

Starting to think why dont RIM have email service?? People would sign up to that asap especially as RIM is already corporate world,security certified and has cloud capability.
    12-17-12 09:51 AM
52 123