I will hopefully be getting a new BlackBerry tomorrow, and want to have my contacts organised before I transfer over, so I'll explain my problem.

I have all my contacts on Google Contacts (~800) and only around ~120 contacts have phone numbers, the rest just emails. I would like to split it, so that on my phone I only have the numbers synced. So on Google Contacts, I made a new group for just my contacts with numbers, I imported them all in and put them in the 'My Contacts' group, as I had read that that is the only group that is synced. The email contacts are in another group. So I deleted all of my contacts from my phone, and reset up my Gmail account. But it synced all of the contacts, so I now have the email contacts, and the phone contacts twice, as they are in both groups.

How can I make my BlackBerry ONLY sync with my phone number group of contacts? I used to use Google Sync, I can't remember the exact reason why I stopped, but I think possibly Google was depreciating it or something? So at the moment, I am using the built in BIS Email Sync feature.

Someone help me please!
    12-24-12 02:35 PM
    Thought you guys out of everyone would have known!
    12-24-12 03:47 PM
    First off, relax, it had only been about an hour since your post.

Second, yeah, from what I remember Google stopped supporting BlackBerry with Sync.

I'm not sure how to make it so that only the contacts with numbers are the ones that will get synced.

But if you have BlackBerry Desktop Software installed, you can backup your contacts (or backup the whole device). Delete all contacts from your phone. And only restore the ones that have a number to them.

For example, if you click Restore, then click on "Select Data and Settings". Try to see if there's an address book option for the phone number contacts to be isolated.

If not, then Google Sync would have to have a setting for you to be able to only import contacts from a certain group from your contacts.

But since Google doesn't support BlackBerry with Sync. Might be out of luck.
    12-24-12 04:28 PM
    First off, relax, it had only been about an hour since your post.

Second, yeah, from what I remember Google stopped supporting BlackBerry with Sync.

I'm not sure how to make it so that only the contacts with numbers are the ones that will get synced.

But if you have BlackBerry Desktop Software installed, you can backup your contacts (or backup the whole device). Delete all contacts from your phone. And only restore the ones that have a number to them.

For example, if you click Restore, then click on "Select Data and Settings". Try to see if there's an address book option for the phone number contacts to be isolated.

If not, then Google Sync would have to have a setting for you to be able to only import contacts from a certain group from your contacts.

But since Google doesn't support BlackBerry with Sync. Might be out of luck.
    We can still use google sync at our BB at BIS email setup. Google sync as standalone software is banished not entirely google syncronization. So please check your BIS email setting first. Mine still works until now. And truly, I always use it since OS5 (google sync by setting it at BIS Email Setting instead of installing google sync app).
    12-24-12 05:27 PM
    Yeah I'm using the BIS one at the moment, I used to use Google Sync and still have it installed lol.

I'm guessing the only way is to delete my email contacts from the account? Or put them on another Gmail account, and sync the contacts from that one?
    If you bother or too busy to re-aligned contacts at your current gmail account, You need to create new account and sync all your contacts at this new gmail account. It will be better for you. IMHO.
    12-24-12 06:28 PM
    Yeah I'm using the BIS one at the moment, I used to use Google Sync and still have it installed lol.

I'm guessing the only way is to delete my email contacts from the account? Or put them on another Gmail account, and sync the contacts from that one?
    12-24-12 06:34 PM