I tried posting this in the off topic sections, but since I didn't get any response, thought I would try it in this forum. It sort of relates to BB.

Has anyone else had an event added to their Google Calendar by somebody you don�t know and looks like spam? I looked at my Google Calendar today and there was an event titled �NOW CONTACT MY SECRETARY FOR YOUR COMPENSATION OF $1.5M,� created by mgbako. I don't know who this person is, or how it got added to my calendar!

04-08-08 10:17 PM
    No, but I've noticed some spam in my Blackberry e-mail address. Stuff about getting old and a coupon for free prunes. Probably my wifes' sick humor
    04-08-08 10:22 PM
    Is your calendar public or private? I keep mine on private and I don't get any spams.
    04-09-08 01:02 AM
    You know, I'm not sure. But if I had to guess, it's probably public. I've been using GCal for some time now, and this is the first I've seen this.
    04-09-08 01:13 AM
    Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else notices spam on their Calendar. I just read an article on Lifehacker about it. Apparently any invite you get sent, is automatically added to your calendar.

Google Calendar: Keep Spammers Out of Your Google Calendar
    04-10-08 05:40 PM
    That's crazy.

I have never messed with my calendar. My Outlook calendar for work is all I need.

I am about to set up the calendar for my g/f for school/appointments.
    04-10-08 09:09 PM
    Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else notices spam on their Calendar. I just read an article on Lifehacker about it. Apparently any invite you get sent, is automatically added to your calendar.

Google Calendar: Keep Spammers Out of Your Google Calendar
    Something similar happens with Outlook 2003 and BES. If someone sends me a meeting invitation, and I delete the invitation without declining it first, the meeting gets added to my calendar anyway. I guess you could argue that that's a safety feature, not a bug, in that if you accidently delete a meeting invitation, you don't lose your record of the meeting. Usually it's just a nuisance.
    04-10-08 09:34 PM
    Well, if you want to avoid spam, make your calendar private and it won't be an issue.
    04-11-08 01:48 AM
    Well, if you want to avoid spam, make your calendar private and it won't be an issue.
    It is private.
    04-11-08 08:47 AM
    Maybe this is related and someone can help:

My BB automatically enters all invitations received over email in my calendar without prompting. Is there any way to turn this off?
    05-20-08 04:28 AM
    Not that I have found. See my post #7 in this thread. I've decided it's a feature, not a bug.
    05-20-08 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD