Hi everybody,

Starting a week ago, my Blackberry Bold 9900 stopped synchronizing with Google Calendar after having worked fine for months. I am using the built-in synchronization tool for gmail.com addresses (I think it's called BIS), not Google Sync.

When I am adding a new event to either my BlackBerry calendar or Google Calender the other device don't sync.

I have tried to search for support on forums, but without any good news. I hope you can help me.

- What can I do to make my BlackBerry synchronize with my Google Calender? Have any of you had the same problem? What can I do to minimize the risk of a lost event?

Best regards,
    Peter Andrews.
    03-11-13 11:52 AM
    Hi Peter,
    I know this doesn't help you but the same thing has been happening to me!
    I went to BIS to make sure I had my Google account with the calendar set to sync but new appointments made in the phone don't transfer to my computer and new ones made on the computer don't show up on my phone! Weird. I just added a bunch so I will see if it DOES actually sync but just takes a while. I don't even think there is a way to FORCE it to sync.

I never understood this Google calendar thing too well. I am going to ask around and see what we can do.
    I will post back when I have some info!!

EDIT: PETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When I added those events to my PC calendar, it synced to my phone after about 30 minutes!!!!!
    All the events I added are there.

Go to your BIS and make sure you have the right account sent to so wireless sync. Then write in a few appts and see if they transfer. Mine did.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-11-13 at 02:46 PM.
    03-11-13 02:20 PM
    My calendar synching stopped on Fri 15th March. Strangely, my wife's Gmail calendar still synchs with my BlackBerry calendar, but my own has stopped.

I've tried:
    1. adding appt to BB
    2. adding appt to PC/ web
    3. untick and then later re-tick synch calendar in email setup
    4. deleting my Gmail account and adding it back to BB with synch 'calendar' ticked
    5. comparing settings between my wife's gmail account which works and my own which does not

Items 1 and 2 above didn't result in a sych across to the other device;
    item 3 and 4 has no different result....and mail taking longer than 20' to come through.
    item 5 - they look identical

Hope someone finds something that works!
    03-17-13 10:14 PM
    I found a solution....a few hours after deleting my Gmail account from the BB and re-adding it I got a message from "BIS" saying that calendar synch had stopped working....with instructions of what to do to fix it.
    They suggested I follow my item 3....tick Calendar synch in the email set up options. This time synching resumed after 15 minutes so!

My calendar synching stopped on Fri 15th March......
    I've tried:
    4. deleting my Gmail account and adding it back to BB with synch 'calendar' ticked
    Hope someone finds something that works!
    03-17-13 10:24 PM
    This is helpful, thanks.

I wonder if anybody knows just what the built in BB sync schedule is? Can one set this or see when syncing is happening?

R.
    04-14-13 05:53 AM
    This worked for me. I think I remember googlemail becoming vaguely defunct or phased out. The BB 9900 (at least) considers googlemail to be the default, but when I switched things to gmail the calendar started working.

R.
    10-21-13 05:24 AM