Don't even get me started on the reality of the Google road map of ditching a Java based OS so they can fuse Chrome & Android for a new OS and making their own handsets. Can anyone say shades of BlackBerry and the BBOS change 4 years ago?

You think BlackBerry ditching BB10 and taking on Android OS was a last ditch attempt? Nope it's to make Google happy.
    IMHO don't be surprised if QNX will be Googles OS saving grace to their next OS with sprinkles of BB10. Probably by acquisition or with strategic partnership with adding the letters B and Q to their Alphabet umbrella since BlackBerry with be strictly a software company in the next 3 years.
    This might support my ramblings from another thread and the future of Android and how BlackBerry fits in with security and to get an OS from scratch to market in months.

Exclusive: Android N may not have an app drawer - Android Authority

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    02-20-16 05:50 PM
    When the Android project started, QNX was open source. That team chose Linux for a reason.

Nobody outside of Ottawa and Crackberry actually believes that a real time scheduler makes sense on a modern thin phone with a modern SoC and a relatively small battery.
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    02-20-16 06:07 PM
    So they might get rid of the app drawer.

What does this have to do with BlackBerry, again?
    02-20-16 07:33 PM