Hi all
    Ive been playing around with google calander, it seems really good. Better to use than outlook on the desktop and syncs well to bb. I have a few questions i wondered if i anyone knew the answers to.

1. i know there has been a problem with contact syncing, are they planning to do this soon.

2. do you need bes to sync to bb, or will it go over bis.

3. if you have more than one calander is their a way of keeping them in seperate or is there an app you can get for this.

4. i sometimes get a check settings error message when syncing, anyone know which settings it means?

thanks

john
    01-15-09 06:07 AM
    1. Contacts sync has been working well for me for weeks now.

2. Works great over BIS, I don't have BES.

3. Don't know about this, I only have one calendar.

4. It might just be network or server burps, generating a generic message.
    01-15-09 06:15 AM
    Im loving the Google Sync. Its the one thing I was thinking I would miss when I let go of my G1. But I was thrilled to see it wouldnt miss a step!
    01-15-09 06:25 AM
    Thanks both, iam a bit gutted in some ways as ive just set up a server network at my office, signed up for bes got qoutes from mirrored hosting companies to sync my data to my bb. Then find out google will do most of what i want for free.

its good it does it with bis because i can set up my supervisors as there on bis with calenders.

thats why i asked about multiple calenders as i would like to be able to see theres as well as my own without them getting mixed up.

john
    01-15-09 10:49 AM
    I believe if you sync your BB with multiple Google calendars it shows the appointments for all of them in the BB calendar app, but color-coded for which Google account they came from.
    01-15-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD