Just curious why are all the Android people still on CB. Isnt there Android Central??
    1. I like smart phone discussion/news, all platforms.

2. I've been here 3 years. I like it as well as AC.
    TheIgster likes this.
    03-25-11 03:25 PM

This, only I've been here for about 1.5 years. I like the community. I do go to android central, as well as the android forum here. And I'm interested to see where BB is headed.
    03-25-11 03:30 PM
    Lol. I'm actually missing BBM! Didn't think I would.
    Same here when I had the Evo. I really thought I could do without it lol!
    03-25-11 03:41 PM
    Just hold down the BB Button and exit out all the apps you have running in the background I can get easily 14 hrs on my Bold.
    Other than the standard apps that are running, the only other one that I have running in the background is gchat. I can usually get through an entire day of work, but there are certainly days when the Bold is on the charger in the afternoon.
    03-25-11 03:44 PM

I really dont get the bashing of BB though! I wouldn't go over to AC and start Bashing the Evo. I like my Bold and can't live without the BBM and BB has some nice phones coming out (Bold touch,Qnx devices. Patience
    03-25-11 03:46 PM
    Other than the standard apps that are running, the only other one that I have running in the background is gchat. I can usually get through an entire day of work, but there are certainly days when the Bold is on the charger in the afternoon.
    Sometimes I have to charge the bold after 8-10 hrs to But thats only when I BBM alot and use my Sprint nav. When I used the evo like I used my BB it was dead after 6hrs
    03-25-11 03:47 PM
    To me it is just discussion. Not bashing and it's not personal. I like hearing comparison and pros and cons.

I don't get upset if someone thinks Android or BlackBerry is booty. Just an opinion.
    TheIgster likes this.
    03-25-11 03:51 PM
    I really dont get the bashing of BB though! I wouldn't go over to AC and start Bashing the Evo. I like my Bold and can't live without the BBM and BB has some nice phones coming out (Bold touch,Qnx devices. Patience
    I think what happens is that Android users get defensive when a BB enthusiast says something false about the Android platform, whether it be something that they've heard, something that they've experienced on ONE device (that might've been a lemon, if it can't be replicated on other devices), etc. So, Android users try to correct the wrong assumption, putting BB users on the defensive, & it just snowballs from there.
    03-25-11 03:51 PM
    I think what happens is that Android users get defensive when a BB enthusiast says something false about the Android platform, whether it be something that they've heard, something that they've experienced on ONE device (that might've been a lemon, if it can't be replicated on other devices), etc. So, Android users try to correct the wrong assumption, putting BB users on the defensive, & it just snowballs from there.
    Yep your probably right and I been on the android bandwagon thinking bb was the worst BUT then I missed thethe things bb had to offer(shortcut keys,BBM,Battery life ,Emails. I did have the Evo for 29 days and Honestly with BB6 I can do pretty much everything on the Bold as the evo. I'm not a huge web browser though and i felt it just drains the batt more. I'm not knocking the evo though it was a nice phone BUT my BB works better for my needs
    Last edited by Slammer; 03-25-11 at 04:02 PM.
    03-25-11 03:54 PM
    Yep your probably right BUT I did have the Evo for 29 days and Honestly with BB6 I can do pretty much everything on the Bold as the evo. I'm not a huge web browser though and i felt it just drains the batt more. I'm not knocking the evo though it was a nice phone BUT my BB works better for my needs
    And that's all anyone can hope for .
    03-25-11 03:59 PM
    I got to work at 9am today. It's 4pm now and by 9650 is on the charger because the battery is almost dead from moderate use. My Curve 8530 couldn't get through an entire day either without a charge. My coworker that has a Tour is always looking for someplace to charge her phone. I don't like Android and am very happy with my Bold, but BB battery life is VASTLY overstated.
    I left home at 5:30. Checked work emails and answered several on the train. Took my phone with me to a four hour working group across the river, where I remained in touch. Took the Metro back and stayed on the phone. Checked and answered emails continously. Took two teleconferences, one for one and a half hours and the other one hour, from my contractor's work site, during another software install.
    Left work one half hour ago. I'm at 32%. It's 5:20ish and my day is winding down. I could easily get through the night and into the morning if I had to.
    I have 0 reason to overstate. Which is another word for lying, but I'll let it go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 04:21 PM
    Yeah but if they take up to 10 minutes set at push is it really push?

Lol, can you set it at push and test it? But be honest about the results

dear lord, i dont have to test it...i have been using it since i got my incredible for a year almost. Its true push. why is it so hard to believe that push technology exists on other platforms and works just as good if not better than RIMs.
    Last edited by howarmat; 03-26-11 at 02:54 AM.
    03-25-11 05:01 PM
    Well that works both ways, some android owners bash blackberry based on their experience with older model hence the ewason we hear about the battery pulls all the time, others never bothered to learn blackberry properly and all the shortcuts, I remember a certain somebody complaining that he had to press alt before he can insert a dot or shift to capitalise a letter I mean come on.
    I was watching a while ago a video on youtube where some guy was testing iphone against the torch and he kept using the end call button to exit anything he was opening, I felt like screaming to him lol

03-25-11 05:06 PM
    dear lord, i dont have to test it...i have been using it since i got my incredible for a year almost. Its true push. why is is so hard to believe that push technolgy exists on other platforms and works just as good if not better than RIMs.
    Because I tend not toe believe you?

03-25-11 05:07 PM
    Geez-us you guys sound like a bunch of babies (ok not all of you). I am a Blackberry user and proud of it. Some of you people are android and iphone users and you should be proud also. But some of you seem to be a little on the imature side and imo don't deserve to use a smartphone. The op is an example what being an adult is all about. Some of you need to act your age and not your screen size and to cut the b#llsh@t arguing out or at least keep it to a minimum. Ok I am done.

hondateg91 likes this.
    03-25-11 05:21 PM
    Well I enjoyed this chat but its all about trying different phones and os's. My experience is a million times better on android. Thats all I'm saying. Everyone there respective devices.

03-25-11 09:27 PM
    Well I enjoyed this chat but its all about trying different phones and os's. My experience is a million times better on android. Thats all I'm saying. Everyone there respective devices.

Very true. I only tend to chime in when I see (like someone already said they do) misinformation about the Android platform - particularly in the "What phone should I get" comparison threads.

I enjoyed by Berries while I had them. I just simply outgrew them with what I wanted my phone to do faster than RIM could make proper hardware or OS. At some point I may very well come back to BB (I try to support Canadian companies whenever possible) but for now, I am getting everything I need from the Android platform. Honestly, my next phone will likely be iPhone 5.

I do take issue with BD telling a user to test out push emails, and when they do, he comes back with "keep testing them and then get back to me about battery nananananana", because when that user does that, out of the spirit of the comparison, BD will twist whatever the response is to bash Android. That phone could get email before it's finished typing, while cooking dinner, massaging the owners feet, and finding the cure for cancer and have a battery that dropped 2% while doing it, and BD will still say either "you're lying" or "can you live with 2% battery consumption? I can't!" He already called another user a liar in this thread. There's no point because while he says he wants to hear why people like Android better (for them) he doesn't listen anyway.

That's the type of poster on both sides of the argument that make the others look bad. I admit to sometimes falling into that trap, but I try to help BB users AND Android users when I can as well.
    03-26-11 02:37 AM
    Very true. I only tend to chime in when I see (like someone already said they do) misinformation about the Android platform - particularly in the "What phone should I get" comparison threads.

I enjoyed by Berries while I had them. I just simply outgrew them with what I wanted my phone to do faster than RIM could make proper hardware or OS. At some point I may very well come back to BB (I try to support Canadian companies whenever possible) but for now, I am getting everything I need from the Android platform. Honestly, my next phone will likely be iPhone 5.

I do take issue with BD telling a user to test out push emails, and when they do, he comes back with "keep testing them and then get back to me about battery nananananana", because when that user does that, out of the spirit of the comparison, BD will twist whatever the response is to bash Android. That phone could get email before it's finished typing, while cooking dinner, massaging the owners feet, and finding the cure for cancer and have a battery that dropped 2% while doing it, and BD will still say either "you're lying" or "can you live with 2% battery consumption? I can't!" He already called another user a liar in this thread. There's no point because while he says he wants to hear why people like Android better (for them) he doesn't listen anyway.

That's the type of poster on both sides of the argument that make the others look bad. I admit to sometimes falling into that trap, but I try to help BB users AND Android users when I can as well.

Ok, there's a reason I asked to keep testing. Unlike a blackberry that diverts all the internet traffic trough the Noc, other devices are faced with a problem, the server doesn't know where the device is to push the new email. Mobile phones can be on different IP addresses all the time. As far as I know the phone still has to connect to the server every 15 minutes to let the email server know where it is. Hence the increased battery life and data consumption(insignificant usually but can ad to a lot of charges when roaming)
    So you see, thesre's a reason why I asked to keep testing, if android got around this problem it's good to know.

03-26-11 05:29 AM
    Geez-us you guys sound like a bunch of babies (ok not all of you). I am a Blackberry user and proud of it. Some of you people are android and iphone users and you should be proud also. But some of you seem to be a little on the imature side and imo don't deserve to use a smartphone. The op is an example what being an adult is all about. Some of you need to act your age and not your screen size and to cut the b#llsh@t arguing out or at least keep it to a minimum. Ok I am done.

I can't quite figure out why someone would be "proud" to be using phone "x" or phone "y". THEY ARE ALL JUST PHONES!! They aren't your kids or your parents. They aren't your school grades. They aren't your morals. THEY'RE JUST PHONES.
    03-26-11 11:31 AM
    I can't quite figure out why someone would be "proud" to be using phone "x" or phone "y". THEY ARE ALL JUST PHONES!! They aren't your kids or your parents. They aren't your school grades. They aren't your morals. THEY'RE JUST PHONES.
    yeah you got a point there and "Proud" is such a strong word just replace it with "happy". Be happy with what you have and if you aren't then tough sh@t.

03-26-11 01:01 PM
    U all need to smoke some weed or something.

All this BS over phones??? Totally all so materialistic it's sickening. #C'mon son!
    03-26-11 01:05 PM
    U all need to smoke some weed or something.

All this BS over phones??? Totally all so materialistic it's sickening. #C'mon son!
    All I have to say is HAHAHA.

03-30-11 08:04 PM
    Well, i think it is fair to say Apple is the king of making people adopt a status value to its products. I think before the iphone came out, the car was America's status symbol, nowadays i think it's the mobile tech you carry.
    03-31-11 10:12 AM
    I think the sentiment is not so much a matter of being proud as much as just not being ashamed. Because there are other phones out there that are technologically better, sometimes people come across in a way that suggests BB users should be ashamed for not wanting those higher-end devices or for just defending why they don't. I.e., "In the presence of so many non-BlackBerry users, I'm not ashamed to say I love my BlackBerry" carries a little different weight and is not quite as over-the-top as declaring in the public square, "I'm proud to say I love my BlackBerry and you all can go to Naples." I think that poster meant more along the lines of the former than the latter.

But yes, after all, they are just phones.

03-31-11 11:30 AM
149 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD