Here is an article I just read on CNN about smartphones (Blackberrys and iPhones) and what people expect from them and how moisture gets on them.

I enjoyed it and hope you will too.

Moisture, cold irritate some smart phone users - CNN.com
    04-14-09 08:49 AM
    People need to remember that their smartphones are delicate electronic devices, and as such should be treated with care. On the same note, however, I think smartphone manufacturers should take better precautions to keep the dust and moisture which are so detrimental to the phones out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 09:27 AM
    Why would they do that?

If they made a device last forever, that'd be 1 sale.

American's have put up with alot of BS from these companies making sub-par crap and then when it breaks, we buy another one.

It's capitalism at it's best.

They don't care if the device gets broke, or gets dust, or moisture in it.. I bet they even WANT it to. That way when it breaks and you void your warranty, they can refuse you and force you to buy another one.
    04-14-09 10:01 AM
    That article made me laugh somewhat, just because it was mainly about iphone users; I laugh because really...how dumb of Apple to put the water indicator by the headphone jack.

And I see the point of what Sniffs said, in regard to not replacing it and the customer ends up buying another one. Granted, some customers will buy another one. But I work in wireless and most people don't really do that. Some will who are hardcore into their device and have the spare money but most ppl are not going to drop more money on a phone thats already faulted them.
    04-14-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD