Android isn not successful because you can root it. It is successful because it delivers the next-gen OS experience at almost any price point and top notch hardware in the premium sector.
    No... it is is popular because users think a "free" OS gets them more expensive hardware and free software. The extortionate price must be all for the hardware, rather than paying the same price split 50% for the iPhone and 50% for the OS. However, as usual in software, quality is proportional to price paid.
    09-16-13 04:27 AM
    People here are generally optimistic out their BB10 device but if I was to haunt the Android Forums and continually dump on their OS and post links like this Android Malware list:
    http://forensics.spreitzenbarth.de/android-malware/
    Well that would be just rude I think.

Z10 via CB10
    09-16-13 04:43 AM
    I don't get all these people. As soon as the day comes when I jump ship, you won't see me on CrackBerry anymore. I mean....what for? I can't imagine a scenario where I'm not invested in BBRY but still hang around here just to watch out for threads that give me the opportunity to discredit BBRY and cheer for my new platform.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-16-13 06:04 AM
    Oh geeze, do you make up your own endings to movies also? The first post was about dev's being asked for support due to apps not running correctly on the android runtime. we already know from the leaks that 10.2 fixes the vast majority of compatibility issues. He said this will change with 10.2. How you get that his comment means developers will come running to BlackBerry is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    Because everywhere you look, this user has been proclaiming 10.2 to be virtually the second coming. The Salvation of BBRY. The Cure for Climate Change. The End to the Quest for World Peace. This was yet another instance, regardless of the narrower context. Since this user has only been on CB for a handful of months, he is perhaps unaware that hopes were similarly and repeatedly raised for the PB with OS 2.0 and 2.1, and for the legacy platform with 6.0, 7.0, and 7.1.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-16-13 06:07 AM
    I agree with tommesjay you can pretty much find an android at many price points, and depending on the model different user experiences. There are tons of quality android devices out there that aren't buggy.

I don't know which android phones you had experience with that gave you such strong negative emotions about the android os is pretty darn good as an phone os.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:09 AM
    I agree with tommesjay you can pretty much find an android at many price points, and depending on the model different user experiences. There are tons of quality android devices out there that aren't buggy.

I don't know which android phones you had experience with that gave you such strong negative emotions about the android os is pretty darn good as an phone os.
    You can't really say that around here.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-25-13 06:14 AM
    Yeah, it's not in the script.
    09-25-13 06:16 AM
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:23 AM
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    Some folks (not all) get testy if you imply BB10 isn't the best at everything.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 09-25-13 at 05:37 PM. Reason: freakin' spelling...
    09-25-13 09:13 AM
    Some folks (not all) get ready if you imply BB10 isn't the best at everything.
    It is quite tempting to go totally bananas on all the drama queens in here.
    09-25-13 05:32 PM
135 ... 456