This I agree with as I myself have a backup phone(an iPhone). However that wasn't the situation and like it or not she didn't feel she had that option and so she did what she felt was best. Why people have to come in and insult or instigate **** is beyond me.
    I am actually not insulting anyone. She was impatient, had no backup plan and those two things informed her decision. What I don't get is how her impatience and lack of forethought (for something critical to her business) is cause to slag the carrier. That makes zero sense.
    11-19-13 02:21 PM
    Att has to cough up a Z10 today as my friend fell in love with mine. She called ATT customer service for a Z10, to her dismay the agent tried to talk her into a Samsung, she said no I want a Z10, agent suggests a Nokia, Iphone etc. My friend insisted on the Z10. So for $.49 and a 2 year contract the phone is in the mail!!!
    Yay!!
    11-19-13 02:27 PM
    She is a massage therapist. Her business line is her cellphone. No phone, no appointments.

Posted via CB10
    So what your really saying is that this story has no "happy ending"
    11-19-13 02:31 PM
    Att has to cough up a Z10 today as my friend fell in love with mine. She called ATT customer service for a Z10, to her dismay the agent tried to talk her into a Samsung, she said no I want a Z10, agent suggests a Nokia, Iphone etc. My friend insisted on the Z10. So for $.49 and a 2 year contract the phone is in the mail!!!
    Yay!!
    its a huge pain in the as* effort to get apps onto the z10 and now its a huge pain in the as* effort to get a z10 itself.. go figure

and the audacity to charge 49 dollars for the z10.
    11-19-13 02:58 PM
    So what your really saying is that this story has no "happy ending"
    I'm just happy it's ending!

11-19-13 03:51 PM
    I am actually not insulting anyone. She was impatient, had no backup plan and those two things informed her decision. What I don't get is how her impatience and lack of forethought (for something critical to her business) is cause to slag the carrier. That makes zero sense.
    Deflecting blame.
    11-19-13 04:02 PM
    Friend of mine's phone crashed. She loves BB. Wanted the keyboard. Showed her how my Z worked. She wanted the Q. Walked into ATT to get one. They didn't have any. Period. Said they could ship one to her. she was pretty mad as they are an ATT store and she expected them to have them in stock. Got the Iphone because she needed the phone right then and there and couldn't wait a day or two.
    LOL. When, I bought my Z10 at at&t, it was the only one in the store.....after the Great American Launch. So, I see nothing has changed. Hopefully the new CEO is trying to change that.
    11-19-13 08:23 PM
    Trust me AT&T doesn't care whether or not you have access to a phone. They had a chance to sell a phone and sold one that offers them better profits in the long run. Smart move by AT&T. I will say though that I went to 2 stores to get my Z10 and the service was horrendous. No one knew anything, they seemed to be lying left and right to customers, and they were all pushing Samsung. Why in an AT&T store was everyone pushing the same phone? I'm guessing profit margins. Also I'm sure samsung gives ATT money on the side to inform/educate their personnel to push one product over another. Why can't BlackBerry do this?? Also when my Z10 died during an official update ATT didn't care about me or my business. They said I could have a phone under warranty in a week or drive 2 hours to some special ATT warranty store. There stores can't even help you! They're only there to move product.

Sorry for the long rant. Long story short- been a loyal ATT user for over 10 years and now I'm done. If you don't have a G3 or iPhone then good luck with them. Their phone support couldn't even help.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:32 AM
83 ... 234