A friend of mine has a golden BB and he told me that he also gets a platin one...

where can i get one of those?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 05:53 AM
    I think you can get that done at a customise store, theres usually a few around that can gold/platinum plate or brush blackberries along with macbooks and other phones/laptops
    08-18-09 05:55 AM
    cool. how much that will cost?
    08-18-09 07:35 AM
    Check here, this will give you an idea.

Gold Plate My Mobile

08-18-09 07:46 AM
    Don't forget to put some bling and some '22's on it.
    08-18-09 08:21 PM
    To each his own I guess.

ETA: It's "platinum"
    08-18-09 08:25 PM
    Don't forget some spinners and the CB logo.
    08-18-09 08:33 PM
    that is just nuts. I hope the phone dosent break how do you get that replaced
    08-19-09 10:39 PM
    that is just nuts. I hope the phone dosent break how do you get that replaced
    I though my Gold painted T-Mobile Curve was all that...

If the device breaks, it is a simple matter to swap the case to a new device.
    08-20-09 10:03 AM
    Now if only I could hang a pocket watch on a chain around the neck of my gold pated BlackBerry
    08-20-09 10:38 AM
    I fixed the typo.
    08-20-09 10:56 AM
    Now if only I could hang a pocket watch on a chain around the neck of my gold pated BlackBerry
    You should hang the gold plated BlackBerry around YOUR neck!
    08-24-09 04:51 PM
    You want ridiculously expensive cell phones? You got it.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/5870/

I think the default ringtone on every one of these, should be the wailing of starving children with bloated bellys, or the sobs of the elderly who can't afford their home or medications.

But that's just me.
    08-24-09 05:43 PM
    Wow so I guess bad taste spills onto their owner's device not just their vehicles

08-26-09 11:46 PM
    A friend of mine has a golden BB and he told me that he also gets a platin one...

where can i get one of those?
    I'd recommend not getting carried away with this idea.

Prior to getting a BlackBerry, I used Motorolas. One of my last Motorolas before switching over to BB was a V600. If you remember that phone, most of the exterior was metal so it was an ideal phone to do metal plating on.

I had a friend who gold plated the exterior parts for the V600 for me. Now I must tell you, when I first opened the box and looked at my gold-plated V600, it virtually took my breath away. It was un-flipping-believably beautiful.

Then came day-to-day life. The handprints on the plating, the constant maintenance, EVERYONE and their brother wants to touch it and look at it. Man if that doesn't wear you out. Then you start to have it for awhile. What you aren't prepared for is how soft gold really is. Gold is a very soft metal. So even being careful and only using cotton towels to wipe your baby, the fine lines start in and only get worse over time.

I'll never forget the beauty of my gold-plated V600. It was breathtaking. I'll also never have another gold-plated phone again under any circumstances.
    08-27-09 01:29 AM
    I think the default ringtone on every one of these, should be the wailing of starving children with bloated bellys, or the sobs of the elderly who can't afford their home or medications.
    LOL. I think we're getting a little carried away here.

But there is a point in what you say that in today's world, it really isn't that smart to go overboard with overstated displays of wealth with so many people hurting.

Andy Warhol probably said it best ... "Think rich, look poor."
    08-27-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD