~1 month ago I set all my numbers to voicemail.
    The only people who can ring me are my family and my intercom.

Do you ever daydream about just leaving your smartphone at home?
    Do any of you actually do it?

I still take mine with me but am thinking about leaving it at home.
    10-24-16 10:43 AM
    App overload? Feeling the grind set in? This might explain why some people like to use an older device, at times......

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-24-16 11:11 AM
    App overload?
    Possibly but I don't use many apps.

This might explain why some people like to use an older device, at times......
    I can understand that.
    10-24-16 11:20 AM
    When I was shopping before I got the Classic, I briefly considered just getting a flip phone. I decided against it because there none that could be used for tethering with LTE support. The idea was that the phone would be just a phone, and I'd use a small tablet whenever I wanted apps or Internet stuff.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 11:43 AM
    I have a choice now since my iphone 5C became a brick and cannot handle massive apps like Facebook anymore. It probably didn't help that I actively used 45 apps on it either and it is getting old.

I can keep my 5C, use it for minimal tasks and use the ipad for major app load.

Trade the 5C for a newer iphone (as I know the layout and have used ios for 6 years now on ipads)

keep the 9900 and use it for minimal tasks and have all the apps on the ipad from ios that I need. I would bet this third option is the one you might choose if "minimalism" is the goal here...

Still.....it's cool having a device that can do it all, if need be. We just have to decide if we NEED all the bells and whistles...

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-24-16 11:48 AM
    Sometimes go out without my smartphone it's refreshing!

Swiped on my Passport!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-25-16 01:52 AM
    Sometimes go out without my smartphone it's refreshing!

Swiped on my Passport!
    I'm not sure I could ever do that. Probably the one time I go without is the moment Paris Hilton runs into me in the street and wants a selfie with me

10-25-16 01:54 AM
    I thought about leaving it at home yesterday for a 1 hour errand and ended up taking it with me.
    Glad I had it because I took a picture of a dog that I liked.
    10-25-16 12:01 PM
    I thought about leaving it at home yesterday for a 1 hour errand and ended up taking it with me.
    Glad I had it because I took a picture of a dog that I liked.
    That's the thing. Your pocket camera. Opportunities arise, and you don't have it. Still, I have a photographic memory, so it's not that bad...

Some Sundays I just turned it off. Completely. Left it at home. Despite the bible app. Went to church. Enjoyed real conversations... :-D

Do it!

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    DrBoomBotz and bh7171 like this.
    10-25-16 03:59 PM
    It's nice to escape my cell phone on weekends, and when I fly anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz and bh7171 like this.
    10-25-16 04:33 PM
    I have found myself going without for longer periods as well. They can be a huge time suck and distract from life. I think it's why my main SIM has stayed in my Classic. It's great for my work and personal communications and some news here and there. Although I find myself reading less and less on line news. Burnt out on the 24/7 spin and the election crud. It's darn good to get off the devices here and there.
    10-25-16 06:19 PM
    I don't leave it at home but years ago I turned off most notifications. And there are plenty of times when I turn off ALL of them, to get things done. And I've learned not to leave it out on the table where I can see it and be tempted to "check" it. I don't want to see that blinking light.

These things are very useful, yes, but also a drug that creates a kind of attention disorder if I don't establish and enforce restrictions on how I use it. For me, that begins with not letting the thing tell me when I should look at it. I want it to be only when I have a reason not to do so.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-25-16 06:34 PM
    I originally got rid of my Razr because it's impossible to type on that thing. As texting became more important it was a necessity.
    The problem is, you can do so much on a smartphone now, it makes you addicted.
    I do turn off all notifications except phone and text.

BB 9000> Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic
    10-26-16 07:01 AM