Going to Vegas in late june early july. last time i was there i racked up at 250 dollar phone bill by being a drunk *****.

So i'm going to get my Z10 unlocked as i got to States enough to make it worth while.

So which is my best option for getting a sim card either mailed to me OR picking one up in bellingham or once arrived in vegas?

Thanks in advance.
    05-25-13 11:37 PM
    I had a family member visit the US recently and go to Vegas. They got the Best Buy ($15 with a little bit of balance.) I recommend the Best Buy option. The $30 plan is the cheapest prepaid plan across any major carrier, and it'll get you 100 minutes, unlimited text I believe, and 5GB of data. Hell of a deal.

You will have two things going for you: the Z10 and Las Vegas. The Rogers Z10 reportedly has TMO's HSPA+/'4G' bands, and even if wasn't fully compatible, Las Vegas is one of the unique '4G' markets for T-Mobile where you won't have to worry about network compatibility (I won't bore you with the details.) Plus, if IIRC, Las Vegas is one of the pilot LTE markets for T-Mobile, so you may even get LTE when you're there!
    Last edited by raino; 05-26-13 at 12:29 AM. Reason: updated with details
    howarmat and bluetroll like this.
    05-26-13 12:25 AM
    I am in Florida at the moment and using Ready Sim thru roam mobility can't go wrong 37 give 14 days of unlimited talk and text and that's back to Canada plus 1 gig of data
    I purchased it thru Amazon just type ready sim.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:49 AM
    I just came back from Las Vegas last week.

I always use a T-Mobile pay as you go SIM.

All you need to do is drop by the local T-Mobile and tell them you want pay as you go service. It costs $ 3 / day for LTE unlimited and voice unlimited.

not sure if they will charge you for the SIM card though? I think it depends on the location and who is working.

Enjoy Las Vegas make sure you goto some of the clubs, XS, Hakkasan and the Rehab Beach Party at the Hard Rock.

Posted via CB10
    raino and chris8189 like this.
    05-26-13 10:04 AM
    the $30 t mobile plan is fantastic as long as you have coverage there
    05-26-13 10:23 AM
    Rarely will one spend longer than 5 days in Vegas.

Just buy the $ 3 / day pay as you go plan.

You can get this at any T-Mobile shop

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:32 AM
    Rarely will one spend longer than 5 days in Vegas.

Just buy the $ 3 / day pay as you go plan.

You can get this at any T-Mobile shop
    Actually this might be a better idea than the $30 plan. But $3 per day gets you only 200MB of high speed data per day, not unlimited. After that they might drop you down to 2G speeds.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using CB Forums mobile app
    05-26-13 10:48 AM
    I'm debating from this T-Mobile 3 dollars per day or this site called Roam. I believe its similar to ready sim. i buy a sim card they ship it too me. then i can choose how many days and what i want. Then re use the sim the next time i go and schedule the plan the plan to start when i want.

I'm either going to go with t-mobile in bellingham once i cross the border and get the sim; or i order one of these sims from one of these company's.

I want it to be as easy process as possible. I don't want to have to go somewhere when i arrive to Vegas ill be drunk by then.

Roam is unlimited talk and txt back to canada and within the US which i feel is key. plus 100mb a day is more than enough. I'm in Vegas i don't plan to be on my phone that much. 5 days of being in the US for 20 bucks seems to be pretty good.

This is turning out to be very helpful thread thanks everyone. keep it coming
    05-26-13 03:25 PM
    Actually this might be a better idea than the $30 plan. But $3 per day gets you only 200MB of high speed data per day, not unlimited. After that they might drop you down to 2G speeds.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using CB Forums mobile app
    Unless you are planning to stream videos all day then it's a good option. Keep in mind that this plan doesn't allow you to tether your Internet connection.

I've hit the 200MB limit and they will put you down to 2G speeds. It's pretty freaking slow.

If your hotel has wifi included then go with the $ 3 / day plan, if you don't then get the $30 plan.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:22 PM
    Unless you are planning to stream videos all day then it's a good option. Keep in mind that this plan doesn't allow you to tether your Internet connection.

I've hit the 200MB limit and they will put you down to 2G speeds. It's pretty freaking slow.

If your hotel has wifi included then go with the $ 3 / day plan, if you don't then get the $30 plan.
    Any idea about texting to Canada? Is that included, do you know?
    05-26-13 09:03 PM
    Any idea about texting to Canada? Is that included, do you know?
    probably not.
    05-26-13 09:05 PM
    So I'm going to go with this Travel Free from USA Roaming Fees - Roam Mobility

There based out of Vancouver.

Pretty much you get the sim card for 20 bucks. as long as you use it once a year it won't deactivate. But if the Sim goes unused for a whole year then you have to get a new one. ( i go to the states normally at least few times a year so i won't have an issue of it expiring)

You have options:
    1.Talk and text. (as low as 3 dollars per day)
    2.Talk text, and data (as low as 4 dollars per day)
    3. Data. (as low as 2cents per mb)

You have options of picking. 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, and 30 days.

So all i gotta do is book 4 days starting June 30th at 10am to July 4th at 10 using one 3 day and 1 day plan and I'm golden for 16 bucks.

I'll let everyone knows how well it goes once i get back.
    05-28-13 12:30 AM
    Not sure of the point of your thread when you answered your own question

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 01:58 AM
    Not sure of the point of your thread when you answered your own question
    Ain't nothing wrong with that. OP bounced ideas off of us, checked if we knew of anything better, and then decided to go with the option he thought was the best for him.
    05-28-13 12:19 PM
    I don't understand how that plan is better than the T-Mobile plan.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:31 PM
    I don't understand how that plan is better than the T-Mobile plan.
    The T-Mobile $3/day plan most likely does not include texting and calling to Canada, which is something the OP wants.
    05-28-13 12:49 PM
    Ain't nothing wrong with that. OP bounced ideas off of us, checked if we knew of anything better, and then decided to go with the option he thought was the best for him.
    That's 100% correct. I found the site after making the thread. looked into all the options and decided to go this way.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-29-13 12:18 AM