Like most of us on here, we love phones.. They are a hobby.. we spend way too much time talking about them and playing with them... There is nothing wrong with that... I am not going to say this phone is the best or this phone sucks..... We have plenty of other people doing that...

I am just sick and tired of carrying more than one device.... I am torn between my many devices.. I love them all for some reason of another...I am currently running with an Iphone 5s, Galaxy Note 3, Z30, Q10, and a Q5........I am going to lock down all of them except one for 1 week each and carry that single device and at the end of 5 weeks I hope to have a winner...

I will put the names in a hat and draw them at random....I will keep notes on the pro and cons of each and hopefully see which one rises to the top...
    cgallaer, Monsterlad and kbz1960 like this.
    04-14-14 08:06 AM
    Sounds fun. There is always that problem where one device satisfies something that the other can't isn't there? One has a more enjoyable interface, or better apps, better screen or etc. It's either stick to the one that fills the most positives or go mad trying.
    anon(5061193) and kbz1960 like this.
    04-14-14 08:09 AM
    Looking forward to what you find. Although, I'm quite sure what you go with most will be the device that suits you best. It doesn't matter if it isn't a BlackBerry. Fingers crossed it is.

Also, you have a Q10 AND a Q5? Why? lol. Maybe you are more addicted than we care to know. lol.

Anyway, It's like the coin flip thing. You won't know what you really wanted until you flip a coin and find you are disappointed with the result. In the same sense, the phone you keep reaching for without thinking will most likely be your winner. Ok have fun!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-14 08:13 AM
    Most people don't have this type of "problem", that's why they go along with what is popular. They assume that if everyone is using a device, it must work the best for the widest array of needs. Not accounting for the fact that marketing and pricing have a lot to do with it.

Think that for communications (within the apps available to the platform), a BB10 device is hard to beat. Really wish BlackBerry had a 2nd chance at a launch..... Of course there are some things I'd like to change about High School.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-14 08:20 AM
    Please provide detailed results. Want to hear this one
    jadechristyn likes this.
    04-14-14 08:21 AM
    Good luck!
    04-14-14 09:41 AM
    I put the names of the phones in a hat and picked the order that I will use them..... I do not like the results.... It came out Q10, Z30,Q5,GN3, 5S...... I don't think having the 3 BB's in a row is a good idea...... Should I mix them up or just leave it alone..... Maybe Q10, 5S, Z30, GN3, Q5..... it would show more contrast... Especially going from a GN3 to a Q5.....

Thoughts???
    04-14-14 10:07 AM
    Looking forward to what you find. Although, I'm quite sure what you go with most will be the device that suits you best. It doesn't matter if it isn't a BlackBerry. Fingers crossed it is.

Also, you have a Q10 AND a Q5? Why? lol. Maybe you are more addicted than we care to know. lol.

Anyway, It's like the coin flip thing. You won't know what you really wanted until you flip a coin and find you are disappointed with the result. In the same sense, the phone you keep reaching for without thinking will most likely be your winner. Ok have fun!

I bought the Q5 because it was not available in the US and was considering it for some of my employees as a low cost alternative....
    eddy_berry likes this.
    04-14-14 10:09 AM
    Z30 last......but don't forget to test the iphone for DNLA, HDMI out, Miracast, HUB features, true multitasking, File Manager, simple drive connection to any computer without relying on iTunes or BlackBerry Link, usb or any thumb drive OTG, Bridge controlling a PB Connected to big screen for the smartest of smart tv entertainment.....omg the list goes on and on.....battery life, screen size, time shift camera, stability beyond belief, etc......man I hate my z30.....lol. And NFC for a mirage of applications, especially transferring files when no cell tower or wifi is in reach....

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:38 AM
    I'd say Q5 --> 5S --> Z30 --> Note 3 --> Q10

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and what you decide is the winning device for you.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-14-14 10:44 AM
    Z30 last......but don't forget to test the iphone for DNLA, HDMI out, Miracast, HUB features, true multitasking, File Manager, simple drive connection to any computer without relying on iTunes or BlackBerry Link, usb or any thumb drive OTG, Bridge controlling a PB Connected to big screen for the smartest of smart tv entertainment.....omg the list goes on and on.....battery life, screen size, time shift camera, stability beyond belief, etc......man I hate my z30.....lol. And NFC for a mirage of applications, especially transferring files when no cell tower or wifi is in reach....

Posted via CB10
    I don't want to over analyze this. I want to see what features I use on the phone.. not what the phone is capable of.... There are millions of features that they all do that I will never use... I want to see what phone fits MY life.........I can tell you that Battery life is HUGE for me, typing on the phone is big.... I love a physical keyboard, but the flicking on the Z30 is amazing, Size Matters (insert joke here).... The GN3 is huge and the Q5 is tiny... I am running around all day and having a small phone is convenient, so which size is better for me??? There is going to be many instances that whatever phone I have is going to be a pain in the *** and other times it will be awesome... I have to concentrate on the features and benefits I find important and not get caught up in the specs or marketing of the phone..
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-14-14 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    At least you aren't biased. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 12:17 PM
    "Hi my name is Bob Pepe. and I am a mobile phone aholic." Hi Bob........

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 12:20 PM
    "Hi my name is Bob Pepe. and I am a mobile phone aholic." Hi Bob........

Posted via CB10

It has been 11 days since I last swapped my phone.........
    04-14-14 02:50 PM
    At least you aren't biased. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Well of course I am.....on a Crackberry site no? However, every blog, newspaper, news station, Web page hails the iphone as the Holy Grail basically. So it's just my little bias versus all that! But then is logical fact, bias?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-14-14 06:17 PM
    Well of course I am.....on a Crackberry site no? However, every blog, newspaper, news station, Web page hails the iphone as the Holy Grail basically. So it's just my little bias versus all that! But then is logical fact, bias?

Posted via CB10
    I used a iPhone for years. The only reason I left BB was the storm 1 that was such a piece of ****. I run a construction company now and idk how any power business user is able to use a iPhone. That phone is such crap for business use. Idk how anyone gets anything done on a iPhone. I use a iPhone for my business line just to receive calls and take pictures for jobs because the camera is very good that's it.
    04-14-14 07:48 PM
    I bought the Q5 because it was not available in the US and was considering it for some of my employees as a low cost alternative....
    Nah, just admit it, you're addicted. lol. Kidding aside that's actually kind of awesome. I say keep the BBs separated. They are all very similar OS wise it is the smaller features that differentiate them. Hey do you like the Q10 or Q5 keyboard more? I really like the Q10 keyboard but I had a few chances to try the Q5 keyboard and really liked the spacing between the keys. Perhaps because of my fat thumbs. There are some advantages to the Q5 but not a whole lot that the Q10 doesn't already offer for a BB qwerty phone. I thought it was interesting that it is in the mix. Perhaps put the Q5 and Q10 together to get an idea of which qwerty wins and then do the rest. That sounds pretty good. So my call is Q5>Q10>5S>Z30>Note3. Oh you're so lucky. hehe.
    04-14-14 10:08 PM
    I am most familiar with the 5s, so I expect to learn less about that... The app question is a biggie.. I don't use many but the ones I use are important.. The GN3 has everything, but I can get them on my BB now.... I have already been using my iphone as my main phone for a few weeks so I guess I don't need another week with it..... So I will consider the iphone experiment complete and will do the Z30, Q10, GN3, Q5....I want to have the beast GN3 and the Q5 back to back to get a good feeling on size and the Z battle the Q for keyboard....
    04-15-14 06:37 AM
    The Z30 is going to be the only phone I touch for the next 7 days.....I have a little business travel, I sporting event to attend (snapping pix), and a busy week in the office... This should be a good test....
    04-15-14 06:40 AM
    This should be an interesting challenge. Separating the BB's is a better idea...Keep us posted
    04-15-14 07:01 AM
    A grown up knows if you need a Ball-Peen hammer you don't try a claw hammer for a week just to see how it works. Children use tools as toys. Adults choose the right tool for the job.
    I actually think that an adult has an open mind and tries new things to find out what is best..... A child actually sticks to what he knows because it is familiar and is afraid of things they don't know about or understands...
    04-15-14 07:12 AM
    24 hours or so into my Z30... The business day was great. The call quality on the Z30 blows away the 5S.. battery held up all day and night. no problem there. I did realize that my Nike Fuel Band can't be synced to the BB, which is a bummer. I listen to Sirius radio at night before bed and the app was downloaded from Amazon app store worked great. Tried making a deposit on a banking app and it didn't work. I also got the app from amazon and the wheel just kept spinning..

Texting was great except my kids are mad that my texts are green and no longer blue....Keyboard also kills the 5S.....Coming from the iphone the size of the Z30 seemed a little big (plus I have an otterbox on it), but I am sure that I will get used to it.

So Battery,Keyboard, Calls... advantage Z30........ Apps and size advantage 5s...... No big surprises ...
    04-16-14 06:41 AM
    Just got my nexus 5, this is the only phone that has ever made me consider dropping my Q10, glad I have them both

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-16-14 07:17 AM
    Just got my nexus 5, this is the only phone that has ever made me consider dropping my Q10, glad I have them both

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app

Are you going to carry both or at some point make a decision and only carry one?
    04-16-14 07:21 AM
    Installing Android apps from Apk Train or Snap is likely to yield much better results. My experience with the Amazon app store is most of the apps don't work. It is the opposite with apps from Snap were most apps do work.

Forgive me for sounding dumb... But isn't "snap" the app that you have to "sideload" first??? and is apk train similar?
    04-16-14 07:59 AM
45 12