I posted a thead a few days ago about switching from my HTC evo(which I loved) and going to At&t and was planning on going with the iPhone 4 then I got a iPod touch 4gen and feel in love and realized a iPhone wasn't really needed and maybe looking at BB

I went and looked at a BB bold and really liked it....didn't like the curves keyboard. I am able to get one for a pretty good price I think or I can retun my phone to ATt and get a touch for $49.

I am pretty BB clueless overall and have been trying to research as much as possible but still am lost lol
    08-30-11 05:16 PM
    the new bold isn't out yet for att, but i would wait for it to land there. i think it's worth the wait. It's the ultimate bb.
    08-30-11 05:33 PM
    Ok but here is my situation....

I a am new customer with ATt I went with the Samsung captivate which I hate!! I had only got it because it was a penny and i was hoping the iPhone 5 would come out in my 30 days so getting it seemed like a good idea....if it didn't I was just going to get the iPhone 4.

I can sell my Samsung for $170 and have a couple of buyers already. Or I can switch it for a phone ATt currently has. I couple could even if I really dorm want too go without a cell phone for awhile if I had too because I can text from my iPod touch and have the acess to other phones. When is the new bold suppose to be out? Right now I could get a bold 9700 for $150
    08-30-11 06:01 PM
    Bold!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 06:09 PM
    If you can hold out, then wait for the 9900. Seems most people really like it. ATT will be last to get it and should be there in the next month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 06:38 PM
    If you loved the EVO, you might want the touch device.

But, as a 9900 owner, this is an amazing BlackBerry and would be my choice.
    08-30-11 06:46 PM
    I am not looking for another touch screen....I have the iPod touch for that and I like it as much if not more then the evo and I like that it can be separate from my phone as a toy/time killer.

So does anyone think the Bold 9900 will be in ATt stores before September 26?
    08-30-11 06:54 PM
    It really comes down to how much you want a physical keyboard in my opinion. The Bold 9900/9930 has the best physical KB on any BB, ever. And arguably the best one ever on a phone. Period.

If you really like a large screen and virtual KB's are easy for you then the Torch might be a better choice.

08-30-11 07:11 PM
    I'd get the torch 9810 if I were you.

Sent using my Photon 4G via Sprint
    08-30-11 07:37 PM
    Hey guys, AT&T don't feel like launching the device till november so far. Crackberry has written an awesome letter on the blogs. Let's cross our fingers to see if it works.

08-30-11 09:29 PM
    You're not being clear about your options. If by "Bold" you mean the 9700, and if you do much web browsing, you're stuck with OS 5, which doesn't have the webkit browser, or OS 6 which does but lacks the memory needed to run it well. I get by with mine running OS 6, but my wife's 9810 blows it away in every respect except weight. The keyboard is a bit firmer than my well-worn 9700, but it works well. My main concern, the balance with the slider extended, proved to not be a problem. The extended screen is light enough that balance with the keyboard open is quite good. $49.95 for that device is the deal of the century.

If by "Touch" you mean "Torch," the 9800 isn't a bad choice, but for the money the 9810 is better choice. Double the memory, double the processing speed, accelerated graphics, and good battery life.
    08-30-11 11:10 PM
    I think the 9850/60 with Touch is nice, but not the 9800/9810 or Storm series. If you're looking for the Bold, the 9780 or 9900 are great, as well. It all depends if you need the physical keyboard. But if you really want to do Touch, go with the 9850/60 series.
    08-31-11 07:40 AM
    If you feel like you need the keyboard, then I'd hold out for AT & T to pull their finger out and launch the 9900/9930. It really is in a different class to any other phone on the market at the moment (and I came over to it from an iPhone 4). Fast, good screen size for a device with a kb and the kb itself is just great.
    08-31-11 08:09 AM
    the new bold isn't out yet for att, but i would wait for it to land there. i think it's worth the wait. It's the ultimate bb.
    How is it better than the torch? Everyone on here is saying that it's the best blackberry out right now, but no one really says why it's better than the two new torches that are out.
    08-31-11 11:18 AM
    I posted a thead a few days ago about switching from my HTC evo(which I loved) and going to At&t and was planning on going with the iPhone 4 then I got a iPod touch 4gen and feel in love and realized a iPhone wasn't really needed and maybe looking at BB

I went and looked at a BB bold and really liked it....didn't like the curves keyboard. I am able to get one for a pretty good price I think or I can retun my phone to ATt and get a touch for $49.

I am pretty BB clueless overall and have been trying to research as much as possible but still am lost lol
    The 9700 is a good phone but I think you would be MUCH better off by switching to the new torch 9810.
    08-31-11 11:45 AM
    I don't know about the Bold Touch 9900 but its first born twin (9930) from Verizon is just great! Snappy fast, sexy sleek and shirt pocket thin.
    09-06-11 04:38 PM
    9810, Same exact internal specs(minus NFC) as the BOLD with a larger screen, better camera, and you still have a physical keyboard. Unfortunately not everyone is a fan of a slider.
    09-06-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD