I have a BB storm, and have had it since the release. I have come to just absolutely hate it. So i made a spur of moment decision and bought the Silver Curve 8330. Did i just take a giant step back, or will i enjoy it better. Keep in mind, i like to have the newest and greatest technology.
    09-18-09 12:06 AM
    It's not a huge step back, but many have taken that step and have been happy with their decision.

I am not one of them, but I did return a brand new Tour to stay with my trusty 8330 till something better comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:09 AM
    I dont think it matters whether or not it is a step back technology wise. Its a personal decision. IMO its best for you to have a device that you like and does what you need it to and the Storm just wasn't cutting it for you so no reason not to switch it out, right?
    09-18-09 01:21 AM
    The storm, even with a decent OS would still bug out all the time. The screen was to easy to break. I just want something that is reliable, but with all the cool little bells and whistles. So the Curve has all the cool little apps too? What operating system should i upgrade to whenever i get it in the mail today?
    09-18-09 01:38 AM
    I gave it a fair shot. Almost a whole year. It had it's fun moments, but when i really needed it, it would let me down. I still have the storm, but i have managed to just destroy the screen over time. Tip: do not use your blackberry while running on a treadmill.
    09-18-09 01:42 AM
    Haha I'll remember that little bit of advice. But you shouldn't be worried about the techbology, as long as it makes you happy, it'll be fine.
    09-18-09 01:50 AM
    I gave it a fair shot. Almost a whole year. It had it's fun moments, but when i really needed it, it would let me down. I still have the storm, but i have managed to just destroy the screen over time. Tip: do not use your blackberry while running on a treadmill.
    Thanks for the tip. I have resisted using my 8900 at the gym. I'll stay
    with my ipod classic while working out.
    09-18-09 06:40 AM
    I'd say going from the storm to the most sturdy and functional blackberry ever made is a pretty smart decision. You gave the storm the old college try though, good for you!

09-18-09 07:08 AM
    The good thing with the curve is you can pretty much throw it across the room and it is still gonna be fine. I have had many moments when I dropped my Curve or threw it or whatever and it is still going strong.
    09-18-09 07:14 AM
    I don't think it's a huge step backwards. Maybe u would, if u like touchscreens but it basically does what all bbs do! I personally don't like touch screen phones, so i wouldnt think its a downgrade if i were in your situation.
    09-18-09 08:42 AM
    I love my Curve 8330, I believe it is the best of the BBs.
    09-18-09 09:33 AM
    If you want a phone that works, no.
    09-18-09 09:35 AM
    I have a BB storm, and have had it since the release. I have come to just absolutely hate it. So i made a spur of moment decision and bought the Silver Curve 8330. Did i just take a giant step back, or will i enjoy it better. Keep in mind, i like to have the newest and greatest technology.
    I've been using my Curve for maybe 6 months now and still love it. Toyed with the Storm a bit and just never liked the UI. Can't stand the keyboard on the iPhone either; much rather have a physical keyboard. My one largest beef with the Curve though is that it tends to get bogged down pretty easily and doesn't have a video player (youtube) worthy of mentioning while the music player itself is weak. Browser also can't seem to load many pages correctly (I use Bolt for those). As far as a phone and messanger goes though, bar none the best phone I have ever used!

I will admit though after rerading up on all the good reviews on the Storm 2 I may end up switching to that!

09-18-09 12:41 PM
    The storm, even with a decent OS would still bug out all the time. The screen was to easy to break. I just want something that is reliable, but with all the cool little bells and whistles. So the Curve has all the cool little apps too? What operating system should i upgrade to whenever i get it in the mail today?
    I call user error. I've never had it "bug out" all the time. Not to mention with .167 it's a flawless phone. And how is the screen easy to break? Did you take a hammer to it?
    09-18-09 01:06 PM
    Tip: do not use your blackberry while running on a treadmill.
    go get an iPhone. sounds more your speed. sorry to be a complete weiner!

you want bells and whistles go get what apple has produced. a complete bell and whistle!!!!!!!

this post is mean, sorry.

agreed with last post, .167 is heaven for me. never "bugged" out. the loading winding clock spins for about 10 seconds maybe once a day and thats the only problem i have had. 5.0.0.230 is supposed to be heaven in itself. storm is heading in the right direction. remember this is RIMs FIRST touchscreen. even has MMS on its first go! relax and have patients
    09-18-09 01:25 PM
    and YES, to me it is a giant step backward. thats just me though.
    09-18-09 01:25 PM
    It's a downgrade. The cpu and memory alone are significant factors, not to mention OS 5 updates down the road.

Doesn't mean it's not necessarily worthwhile if you wanted a cheap qwerty phone, but it's a definite downgrade. I can't see doing it unless all you ever do is email and chat. Even then, on the Curve you won't get OS5 + threaded sms for chat AND the lower screen resolution isn't as good for email formatting, so....
    09-18-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD