I am taking a private plane to the Bahamas this weekend with some friends. I have a Storm and I would love to maintain my voice / text / data service if I can do it for a reasonable price. I have heard of some people buying prepaid SIM cards... I don't know what the best thing to do it and I am looking for some advice.
    08-10-09 02:20 PM
    I went to the Bahamas about a week after getting the Tour in late July. When I called VZW the cs person connected me with Global Services. The put me on an International data plan which costs $60/ month. They pro rated it so it cost me about a dollar/day more than my regular plan. The voice isnt so simple! They told me they dont have a voice plan in the Bahamas so I had to pay $1.99/min. Needless to say I didnt talk much, but I was able to use email and web just like in the states. One thing I did run into was that right after getting to the airport my phone was connecting with 1x. I had no data. I had to go into my network services and change from global to GSM. Once I did that it connected with EDGE and I had good service. I hope this helps and enjoy your trip!
    08-10-09 07:24 PM
    So I can pay that $60/month for the 4 days I will be there? That would be about $8... not bad at all. But that is just data?
    08-11-09 12:07 PM
    Yes they told me just to call when I got back and they switched me back to my regular data plan. It cost me $10 for the 5 days I was there for unlimited data. They said there is no voice plan through VZW for the Bahamas so it was $1.99/min.

This link might help- International Services
    08-11-09 08:53 PM
    Great info that is dead on the money enjoy the trip
    08-11-09 10:49 PM
    I got the international data plan. It was $65 for 4 days so a little over $8. Not bad at all... But texts are $.50 sent and $.05 recieved and voice is $1.99 / min!!!!

Thanks.
    08-12-09 10:09 AM
    Taking a private plane, couldnt just say flying out to the bajamas huh? Just kidding Paul, the info they gave was on the money. Good luck and have a safe trip.
    08-12-09 10:24 AM
    Taking a private plane, couldnt just say flying out to the bajamas huh? Just kidding Paul, the info they gave was on the money. Good luck and have a safe trip.
    Haha... Yeah I had to throw that in there! I am the pilot too.

Do I take 550lb of fuel or clothes.... haha decisions decisions.

Thanks
    08-12-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD