I am very much a nostalgic person. I still shoot analog film. In the 90s, it was the Motorola Razr. Then the Blackberry around 2005 through 2009. then made the switch to iPhone because I drank the Apple Cool-aid. Im sick of Apple and their thousand dollars phones.
    I want out!
    lol
    I was actually thinking about buying a used Motorola razor but after thinking some more I realize I wouldn't be happy with the lack of features. Now my sights are set on the Blackberry. But which one?
    I have T-Mobile.
    Surprisingly I log into T-mobile and assumes I could just upgrade to a Blackberry like in the past, but they no longer sell them. I see there is a new model out thats around $500 on amazon. Suppose I could sell my iPhone 6 but not for that much.
    I am trying to remember which Blackberry I had back in 2007-2008. I am guessing it was either the Bold or the Curve. I see someone amazon for under $100.00
    Would those be good choices? Are there major differences between those older models and the new ones? Im assuming the Bold and curve are no longer manufactured so I would be buying used.
    Im happy to see Blackberry is still around.
    05-05-18 02:44 PM
    I am very much a nostalgic person. I still shoot analog film. In the 90s, it was the Motorola Razr. Then the Blackberry around 2005 through 2009. then made the switch to iPhone because I drank the Apple Cool-aid. Im sick of Apple and their thousand dollars phones.
    I want out!
    lol
    I was actually thinking about buying a used Motorola razor but after thinking some more I realize I wouldn't be happy with the lack of features. Now my sights are set on the Blackberry. But which one?
    I have T-Mobile.
    Surprisingly I log into T-mobile and assumes I could just upgrade to a Blackberry like in the past, but they no longer sell them. I see there is a new model out thats around $500 on amazon. Suppose I could sell my iPhone 6 but not for that much.
    I am trying to remember which Blackberry I had back in 2007-2008. I am guessing it was either the Bold or the Curve. I see someone amazon for under $100.00
    Would those be good choices? Are there major differences between those older models and the new ones? Im assuming the Bold and curve are no longer manufactured so I would be buying used.
    Im happy to see Blackberry is still around.
    Those are old phones with limited support and very limited options for Apps. I don't know if there might also be security concerns with those older phones that no longer receive OS updates.

The Amazon and Best Buy KeyOne versions work on T-mobile.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-05-18 06:29 PM
    The keyONE is a nice phone. Camera is good. Form factor is good. Maybe wait for th K2 I might upgrade to it.
    05-05-18 06:59 PM
    So it sounds like I would be better off buying a Key One on Amazon. What about the Classic? Is that well supported?
    I really don't need the touch screen but it sounds like there are no options other then an old phone.
    05-05-18 07:29 PM
    Are the keys on the Key One similar to the older Bold? Meaning "press and click"? I like that. I read somewhere that the you just lightly touch the key and don't actually fully press it.
    05-05-18 07:30 PM
    I have no problem with the keys but don't think they are similar to the bold. Nothing is like the old Bolds
    I would honestly wait for a K2
    05-05-18 07:35 PM
    So you've been on ios and you want to experience BlackBerry, I would do a lot of research about the current state of BB10 (Classic). A lot of people are still using BB10 but it's not supported any longer. If you don't mind Android then the KEYone might be what you're after but like others stated you might as well wait for the KEYtwo.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-18 08:52 PM
    So you've been on ios and you want to experience BlackBerry, I would do a lot of research about the current state of BB10 (Classic). A lot of people are still using BB10 but it's not supported any longer. If you don't mind Android then the KEYone might be what you're after but like others stated you might as well wait for the KEYtwo.

Posted via CB10
    No I was originally a Blackberry user for years, switched to IOS and now want to go back to BB. Read my original post.
    05-06-18 12:59 AM
    If you've got the funds, go for a KEYone or pre-order the keyTwo when it's ready...

You won't regret it.. I'm sure..

Posted via CB10
    05-06-18 01:59 AM
    I have not had the chance to hold a Key One, but from seeing the pictures I know Im not going to like it. The keyboard looks small and cramped. And why if the phone so big looking? The thing that attracted me to BB in the first place was the smaller form large easy to see and use keyboard, and it just does what it was made to do flawlessly; text and email. All this talk on here of "apps" - I am trying to get away from that nonsense which is why I am going back to BB. Also I love the main home screen (forget the proper name) on the older BB;s where you can see all your messages and emails in one place. THATS what I want. I don't believe the KeyOne has that.......The more I consider this the more I think I am just going to buy a new Classic on amazon for $175.00 and use it for as long as I can
    05-06-18 09:44 AM
    If you are looking for simplicity and productivity, you'll be fine with the Classic.
    You'll find there are many people on here who will try to say it's dead and not worth bothering with. But the fact is if you want to make calls, send texts and emails with a bit of occasional Web browsing then a Classic is perfect and will do the job well.
    I have just picked one up myself in the last week and have currently found nothing that it can't do as well as any other phone I've owned.

Powered by BB10
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    05-06-18 11:03 AM
    Any suggestions on where I can buy a NEW Classic? I see on Amazon what is called New is sometimes used or refurbished - at least thats what some of the comments say. They are selling them as new for $179.00 and people are saying they come in a white box, not the original BB box and appear to not be new. If Refurbed 179 seems hi.
    05-06-18 11:20 AM
    I'm from the UK myself so can't really help on that. I picked up mine used on ebay and it came in great condition, boxed with unused accessories for £35. The battery could do with replacing but other than that it's great.

Powered by BB10
    05-06-18 11:33 AM
    Any suggestions on where I can buy a NEW Classic? I see on Amazon what is called New is sometimes used or refurbished - at least thats what some of the comments say. They are selling them as new for $179.00 and people are saying they come in a white box, not the original BB box and appear to not be new. If Refurbed 179 seems hi.
    BB doesn't make devices anymore, so finding a new Classic is going to be extremely difficult. Since they're old and unsupported, you'll most likely have to purchase one used. Don't be confused by the BB logo on the KeyOne, as it and the Motion are manufactured by TCL.

Personally, I love the keyboard on my KeyOne. With my hands, though, I do need a case to type comfortably. Size-wise, it's about the same as any of the larger slab phone (S8+, iPhone+, LG G6, etc). If you want to buy used, check out Swappa.com. I've bought a few devices from there, and their rules for device credibility is great (can't sell broken/not working/IMEI locked devices, for example). There are very few genuine BB devices, though.
    05-06-18 12:09 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!

I own both the Classic and the KEYone. The PKB for both are close enough to each other.

The screen for the KEYone is bigger so the phone is taller. Again, this is close enough for me as trend is towards bigger screen and it's close enough to Classic.

Main difference is BB10 vs BBAndroid. The Classic is crippled as complete ecosystem relying heavily on Android for Apps stuck on an old 4.3 runtime. KEYone is running BBAndroid with current full complete ecosystem based on Android 7.1.1 and 8 will be offered probably this summer.

BB10 devices cannot fully replace Android/IOS devices at this point so lower price is just getting you lower functionality. You're not saving any money just like motorcycle is cheaper than automobile.
    05-06-18 01:29 PM
    I have not had the chance to hold a Key One, but from seeing the pictures I know Im not going to like it.
    At least you gave it a thorough chance.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    05-06-18 01:33 PM
    No I was originally a Blackberry user for years, switched to IOS and now want to go back to BB. Read my original post.
    For someone looking for help your last sentence could be interpreted to be a little snotty. You would be served well to do a little research into the current state of BB. BB has changed significantly since you had used its phones. I assume you realize that the new BB phones are run by the android mobile operating system and not by BB10.
    Xeak likes this.
    05-06-18 07:03 PM
    For someone looking for help your last sentence could be interpreted to be a little snotty. You would be served well to do a little research into the current state of BB. BB has changed significantly since you had used its phones. I assume you realize that the new BB phones are run by the android mobile operating system and not by BB10.
    It sounds like he left when BBOS was the norm and BB10 wasn't around yet..
    05-06-18 07:07 PM
    It sounds like he left when BBOS was the norm and BB10 wasn't around yet..

Correct. My last BB was in 2009 (I think) and then I went to Apple. The prior poster said "I assume you realize that the new BB phones are run by the android mobile operating system and not by BB10" - Yes I understand, but I was hoping to get a Classic run on OS 10.3 - am I correct to assume that is still on the old BB10 and not Android? I hope thats the case.
    05-06-18 08:53 PM
    Correct. My last BB was in 2009 (I think) and then I went to Apple. The prior poster said "I assume you realize that the new BB phones are run by the android mobile operating system and not by BB10" - Yes I understand, but I was hoping to get a Classic run on OS 10.3 - am I correct to assume that is still on the old BB10 and not Android? I hope thats the case.
    Yes, but your experience would be very limited. You would only have a chance to use it for about a year.
    05-06-18 10:14 PM
    The operating system between one you last used (BBOS) and current (BBAndroid) is BB10. The Classic is on the 10.X.X version, depending on the unit. The form of BB10 and BBAndroid is somewhere between BBOS and plain Android. BB10 Apps mostly are ported Android running on much older ART. BBAndroid runs Apps that are current Google Play Store. BB10has been announced EOL 12/31/2019 and certain parts already have started deprecating. If you don't like the KEYone, I'm not sure why you'd like the Classic. PKB of both are close enough in size that if you think one is cramped, i think other would seem cramped as well. Screen is bigger on KEYone, bit taller, but in a positive way. As i stated above, from a longevity standpoint, KEYone has far more life to use so you're not saving money on Classic.

I’ve owned eight models of BB10 devices in the last five years, (still have them) and I wouldn't recommend the OS at this stage of life.
    05-06-18 10:24 PM
    One of the reasons I am getting away from the iPhone are the apps. I use my phone, primarily for calls, email, and texts. Facebook and Twitter a little, but nothing I wouldn't mind ditching. Back in 2009 when I had my Curve or Bold (don't remember which) the BB did everything I wanted it to do. I know they are ending support for BB10 in 18 months, but realistically I don't think every BB running on 10 will self destruct at midnight. And since I am only using the phone for email anyway, why wouldn't I just be able to carry on with it. When I was using these phone 10 years ago I never updated the software and they worked.
    I never held a KeyOne in hand, but from the photos it looks nothing like a BB to me. The Classic looks very similar to old school Bold/Curve.
    05-06-18 10:34 PM
    One of the reasons I am getting away from the iPhone are the apps. I use my phone, primarily for calls, email, and texts. Facebook and Twitter a little, but nothing I wouldn't mind ditching. Back in 2009 when I had my Curve or Bold (don't remember which) the BB did everything I wanted it to do. I know they are ending support for BB10 in 18 months, but realistically I don't think every BB running on 10 will self destruct at midnight. And since I am only using the phone for email anyway, why wouldn't I just be able to carry on with it. When I was using these phone 10 years ago I never updated the software and they worked.

I never held a KeyOne in hand, but from the photos it looks nothing like a BB to me. The Classic looks very similar to old school Bold/Curve.
    I'm just a volunteer on CrackBerry. If you understand the limitations, and have money to waste on hobby phone, then buy the Classic. I’m not a big social media person. If you don't want certain apps, don't log into them or install them.

I need to be able to have an efficient device and the Classic doesn't handle email, text or phone calls better than my KEYone. To me, any device with a PKB looks BlackBerry to me. I’ve carried BlackBerries about 15 years.
    05-06-18 10:45 PM
    , I'm not sure why you'd like the Classic. PKB of both are close enough in size that if you think one is cramped, i think other would seem cramped as well. .
    Look at the this video. The KeyOne looks noting like the Classic and the keyboard is very different.
    05-06-18 10:50 PM
    If you lay one device at bottom to bottom, the rows of keys line up much closer. Tool belt on Classic lines up with three Android keys. The screen is where the majority of difference is between devices. I’ve carried both devices in a similar manner in front pocket. Theres not a perceptible difference in two devices to me. I definitely find screen difference to be perceptible to viewing email and text in a positive manner.

Comparing size of screen is like iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. It’s not an iPhone 6 Plus.
    05-06-18 11:01 PM
52 123