Hello! I have an old BB 7250 that I have used in the past but eventually upgraded to newer phones etc, and I am currently using a Samsung Stratosphere because my stepson wanted a smartphone so my hubby and I compromised and let him have my Curve 9330 because we could get just a social networking plan since he doesnt use internet at all.
    My Samsung is driving me nuts! I hate the touch screen! I spend more time correcting the spelling than it would take me to type the text in the first place! I am not much of an app user and the ones I do use I have found on BB. I do more texting, email, and calls.
    I am going to be getting a BB Bold 9930 soon but I am thinking of temporarily using my 7250 until I get it. I have the phone, battery, and cover but I need to know where I can get a charger cord and also what software I need to download to my computer so I can get it to charge. Also, would I need to upgrade the software on the phone itself and if so, how do I do that? I do recall not being able to charge this phone from a wall plug but through the desktop software on the computer.
    Any ideas or thoughts that would help me out?

Thanks!
    07-29-12 05:04 PM
    It uses a mini usb not a micro usb like the phones today. Just search that on Amazon or eBay and you will find something. I would, but I have to eat! haha
    07-29-12 05:25 PM
    Its a standard mini usb cable that many portable hard drives use. So if you have one lying around, you can just use that. Upgrade OS? I don't think there's a need to since you said its temporary. Also 7250 doesn't have much apps to speak of. I have a 7230 and i couldn't even get BBM on it. Nowadays RIM's website only support OS 4.6 and above, so do alot of other apps.
    07-29-12 05:42 PM
    Wow! I admire you. That Stratosphere must seriously be vexing you for you to
    go back to a 7250. Now, that is some serious dedication to the brand
    07-29-12 06:37 PM
    Well I found a cable!! Yay! As for the samsung vexing me, you don't know the half of it! Besides the fact that I hate touchscreens. Give me a qwerty anyday! When I have had a phone conversation for about 15 minutes on the samsung, it does one of two things: it starts cutting out (with full signal) or the other person cant hear me but I can hear them clearly. This particular phone I am on is the 3rd one I have had but the 2nd warranty replacement. Vzw said it was the microphone was disconnecting on me which is why no one could hear me.
    I don't do much with apps at all and I have a samsung galaxy player 5.0 plus a mifi so if for some reason I need to do something a little more appish (is that a word?) or upload a picture, I can use that. I just cant wait to be able to text again! One that wont auto correct the word "Sarah's" to "earwigs". Seriously, the phone does that even though I turned off the auto correct feature.

Now to figure out how to delete my old email address from on here and put on the one I actually use!
    07-29-12 09:23 PM
    That is some serious dedication. I want to see this make headlines somewhere. "Person ditches his Android for a defunct BlackBerry "

I'm not poking fun, I really want to see it.
    07-29-12 09:43 PM
    Well I found a cable!! Yay! As for the samsung vexing me, you don't know the half of it! Besides the fact that I hate touchscreens. Give me a qwerty anyday! When I have had a phone conversation for about 15 minutes on the samsung, it does one of two things: it starts cutting out (with full signal) or the other person cant hear me but I can hear them clearly. This particular phone I am on is the 3rd one I have had but the 2nd warranty replacement. Vzw said it was the microphone was disconnecting on me which is why no one could hear me.
    I don't do much with apps at all and I have a samsung galaxy player 5.0 plus a mifi so if for some reason I need to do something a little more appish (is that a word?) or upload a picture, I can use that. I just cant wait to be able to text again! One that wont auto correct the word "Sarah's" to "earwigs". Seriously, the phone does that even though I turned off the auto correct feature.

Now to figure out how to delete my old email address from on here and put on the one I actually use!
    That sounds quite bad. Samsung's built quality has never impress me. I have a Galaxy Note which has been in for servicing already due to charging issues. So has my friend's Galaxy Note for some other reasons. Among my group of friends, only 2 uses the Galaxy Note, and both had been sent in for repairs. But well, maybe its just bad luck.

"appish" is probably not a word. "Apish" is though.
    07-30-12 04:42 AM
    That is some serious dedication. I want to see this make headlines somewhere. "Person ditches his Android for a defunct BlackBerry "

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that!

Well I went to the Verizon store today and got the phones switched out and I have been noticing that I am using the BB the same way I used the Samsung and I still have a full battery and my texts are going through faster. And my brother likes the Samsung...he is more into apps than anything so it fits him well.

Now to learn more about Blackberry phones!!!
    07-30-12 06:44 PM
    Now that is brand loyalty!

I thought I was crazy for recently ditching my DROID RAZR Maxx for my 2009 BB tour. I Agree that it would be great for RIM to find a way to market stories like this.
    07-30-12 08:28 PM

Haha I've still got my 7250. So old it has no name, and there wasn't a BlackBerry logo back then. Quite a device
    07-30-12 09:00 PM
    Well I went to the Verizon store today and got the phones switched out and I have been noticing that I am using the BB the same way I used the Samsung and I still have a full battery and my texts are going through faster.
    You might consider sending an email to the new Chief Marketing Officer at Research In Motion to let them know that the BlackBerry 7250 remains a viable communications tool for those who need to get stuff done. Maybe RIM should release a "vintage collection."
    07-30-12 09:33 PM
    I activated and used my old 7250 a while ago. I did it just to go back down memory lane. I went to Verizon's website and was able to upgrade the OS to the last one made and I was able to use BBM, I never had or used BBM when I was using it as a daily user device because back then everyone I knew had dumb phones. So it was a shock to see what BBM was like back then.

My proudest moment with that phone was when me and a friend did a google race to answer a question and I smoked his htc hero lol.
    07-30-12 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD