Both my wife and I have turned to the darkside with blackberry curves.

She and I have experienced similar problems with losing the "go to" command in the browser function.

Has this happened to others, what is the remedy and thanks in advance for the assistance.

Tim
    08-19-08 12:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem for what it's worth - see my other post down the page. It appears to have started today, or maybe sometime this weekend.

I have no idea on what's wrong or how to fix it. On a positive note, the Opera Mini browser seems to be working just fine.
    08-19-08 12:56 PM
    It is happening at random times and if I go to my history, I can find some pages eventually that will allow it! Thanks.

Tim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 01:00 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That is very unusual. I wonder if perhaps you are using a marketing Browser. Do the preinstalled bookmarks take you to shopping pages?

If that is the case check Browser / Options / Browser Configuration.

At the top of the page, you will see you current Browser configuration. You should have Internet Browser selected.

I know that T-Mobile and some others host similar sites for free shopping at the carrier store.
    08-19-08 01:42 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That is very unusual. I wonder if perhaps you are using a marketing Browser. Do the preinstalled bookmarks take you to shopping pages?

If that is the case check Browser / Options / Browser Configuration.

At the top of the page, you will see you current Browser configuration. You should have Internet Browser selected.

I know that T-Mobile and some others host similar sites for free shopping at the carrier store.
    Stoner, thanks for the response. No, it is set on Internet Browser. The "go to" comes and it goes. I can usually fish through my history to find a formerly viewed page then click menu and the go to will be back.
    08-19-08 01:55 PM

That's not it, unfortunately.

I'm also getting error messages when I attempt to access the non-WAP webpages that I've got bookmarked.

I'm wondering if there hasn't been some sort of browser and/or service book push over the weekend that's messing some of us up.
    08-19-08 02:00 PM
    Most of the time you will loose the "go to" feature when you open your email settings (which works through the browser) and dont fully close the browser when you are finished. Next time it happens, while in the browser, hit menu > close, rather than the end call button, then re-open the browser and see if it is there.
    08-19-08 02:04 PM
    Most of the time you will loose the "go to" feature when you open your email settings (which works through the browser) and dont fully close the browser when you are finished. Next time it happens, while in the browser, hit menu > close, rather than the end call button, then re-open the browser and see if it is there.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a battery pull also fix this problem? Either way, this didn't help, at least not for me .

Any other ideas out there?
    08-19-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD