Go easy on RIM BlackBerry 10 actually looks pretty good

Just thought I'd add another positive, but realistic article about BB10.
    10-12-12 03:22 AM
    Good read, he made some valid points
    10-12-12 04:17 AM
    "Easy.........easy like sunday morning"
    10-12-12 05:39 AM
    10-12-12 09:50 AM
    You're right a nice and easy article about RIM. More unbiased and positive press about BB10 please!
    10-12-12 12:01 PM
    I just wonder if RIM can seed some journalists, analysts and what not to say more good things about them? #JustSaying

10-12-12 12:39 PM
    More unbiased and positive press about BB10 please! .
    While the article to which the OP linked may be positive for RIM, it is hardly unbiased.
    10-12-12 02:16 PM
    Nice read. No more unbiased then the ones the other direction.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 10-12-12 at 02:24 PM. Reason: S
    10-12-12 02:22 PM
    I have no problem with people being hard on RIM as long as it is warranted. The problem is that most of the critizism these days is unfounded, false assumptions, or strait out lies.

I read an article a few hours ago that mentioned that RIM had increased it's subscriber base by 2 million in the last quarter. In the next paragraph they went on to put RIM down & talk about how less & less people are using BlackBerrys. Apparently they didn't even read their own article which had just reported on RIM's last quarterly results.
    drjay868 likes this.
    10-12-12 02:23 PM
    While the article to which the OP linked may be positive for RIM, it is hardly unbiased.
    What the author ultimately wants is for RIM to succeed because it's good for consumers. That's not bias. That's just being rational. I could say that I don't like iPhones, but it's not in my best interest if Apple stops making them. In fact, I hope Apple continues to raise the bar every year.
    drjay868 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    10-12-12 03:01 PM
    What the author ultimately wants is for RIM to succeed because it's good for consumers. That's not bias. That's just being rational. I could say that I don't like iPhones, but it's not in my best interest if Apple stops making them. In fact, I hope Apple continues to raise the bar every year.
    The writer has a clear bias, or the article would have been much more objective in style. He left plenty of his opinions (for RIM) in the piece. Not asserting the article is inaccurate or evil - but it is biased.
    10-12-12 03:11 PM
    Their readers need to be told how to pronounce his name. Hamish. How bizarre.
    10-12-12 06:52 PM
    I have no problem with people being hard on RIM as long as it is warranted. The problem is that most of the critizism these days is unfounded, false assumptions, or strait out lies.

I read an article a few hours ago that mentioned that RIM had increased it's subscriber base by 2 million in the last quarter. In the next paragraph they went on to put RIM down & talk about how less & less people are using BlackBerrys. Apparently they didn't even read their own article which had just reported on RIM's last quarterly results.
    Kinda like the anal-yst that decided BB10 wasn't coming out until March 2013, but in the same articles says we'll also have to wait to hear about licensing BB10 until after it is released in January... WTF?
    10-12-12 07:49 PM
    Kinda like the anal-yst that decided BB10 wasn't coming out until March 2013, but in the same articles says we'll also have to wait to hear about licensing BB10 until after it is released in January... WTF?
    We have known about that for a long time. The problem with licensing BB10 right now is that it is an unknown, people want to see what they would be licensing B4 agreeing to anything.
    10-13-12 02:40 AM
    We have known about that for a long time. The problem with licensing BB10 right now is that it is an unknown, people want to see what they would be licensing B4 agreeing to anything.
    Maybe you misunderstood what I was referring to. The same analyst that said BB10 won't come out until March 2013 said that we wouldn't know about companies wanting to license BB10 until it comes out in January 2013. Does not compute.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    10-13-12 03:56 AM
    The writer has a clear bias, or the article would have been much more objective in style. He left plenty of his opinions (for RIM) in the piece. Not asserting the article is inaccurate or evil - but it is biased.
    Not so much biased, more of a bent towards RIM if anything. Compared to, say, Kevin and a few others around here Hamish is coming off as merely interested to see what's coming.

Their readers need to be told how to pronounce his name. Hamish. How bizarre.
    Right below the article.

Scionic's pointing out there's the errors with said analyst's assertion that there's two release dates, licensing in January and releasing in March. January preceeds March in the Gregorian calendar, licensing is undecided, and no one has a nailed-down release date.
    10-13-12 05:22 AM