so i've been reading about the bold reviews and im debating about upgrading from a curve. i basically use my bb for sms, email, bbm, twitter and facebook. im content with the curve and the speeds the browser gives me when i use the internet.

would the upgrade to the bold be worth it or should i wait for the 8900 whenever that does come out?

anybody who went to a bold from a curve? worth it?
    03-12-09 11:36 PM
    I've played w/ s friends bold extensively and won't be trading my curve anytime soon. Tactile feedback for leters is huge for me because I type alot on my BB.
    YMMV

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 11:43 PM
    I got the bold over the curve mainly because its got the biggest keyboard, and 2 cause it has more features

03-13-09 12:11 AM
    I thought I wanted a Bold also but then when I saw one live, used it, played with it I realized my curve was perfect for me. I think you should go and hold it, see how it fits in your hands, try typing, scrolling, listen to music and watch videos, etc. etc. It does have a brighter screen and other betters but all the apps will pretty much work the same.
    With the two above me and myself it all comes down to how it feels when you are using it.

Hey what's the worst that will happen? You end up with a Blackberry...lol.
    03-13-09 12:34 AM
    AT the risk of sounding redundant, no one can make this decision for you. Go mess with them at the store and figure out which is best for you.
    03-13-09 12:47 AM
    right on for all the feedback folks.

i actually went down to at&t today and played with one for awhile, i pretty much liked everything about it.

but now for the silly part, since the display was attached to the cord thing so no one steals it, i couldnt put it in my pocket and see hows it feels. haha. the curve fits perfectly in my pocket and wondering whether or not the bold would fit is kind of a big deal for me.

thanks for all the feedback again!
    03-13-09 04:16 AM
    if i were you being on a gsm network if you prefer the curve keyboard buy an unlocked curve 8900 you get the newer technology but he feel of the curve
    03-13-09 04:31 AM
    Like it has been said before no one can make that decison for you....... Now ... With that being said .......if I could upgrade to the bold I would have it!!!!! I really want the bold and I have been into the att store a couple of times just to play with it..... And I really like it!!!!

03-13-09 06:45 AM
    Ok.. search and you WILL find MANY posts regarding this. Essentially, 8900 = a lot more memory, better resolution, Bold = bigger screen, 3G. I've owned both and chose the 8900. But that's for ME, you may be totally different
    03-13-09 08:36 AM
    I'd pick the Bold because 3G coverage is pretty good where I live and the camera/app memory doesn't really bother me much. The keyboard is very good as well. My friends have the 8900 Curve and they're great devices but I like the Bold more.
    03-13-09 10:00 AM
    Honestly both devices are amazing. I own a Curve as one of my berrys and i absolutely love it. But i also sell phones for a living and use the Bold almost everyday at work and its awesome. I would go down to your local provider and give it a nice test drive and see how you feel. If upgrading isnt a huge thing for you right this minute then you might want to wait for the 8900.
    03-13-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD