So I haven't been receiving my gmail emails all day, and I wondered why. I had previously set up my BB to receive emails through gmail's IMAP server by manually entering "imap.gmail.com" as described in the gmail help menu. To fix the problem, I tried deleting my gmail account several times through Verizon BIS, and kept manually inputting "imap.gmail.com." But no matter what I did, I still wasn't getting emails.

I then decided to just set up gmail the normal way, by just inputting my e-mail address and password into BIS, rather than manually inputting the IMAP server address. Low and behold, my gmail now comes in instantaneously.

Anyone know why this worked?
    03-06-09 05:23 PM
    I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem accessing stormgrounds.com or not ... I'm a Verizon customer in Socal and my Storm won't resolve stormgrounds.com. It does, however, let me search Google and hit a few other sites.

Anyone know if it's possible to check/change DNS settings? Or are we pretty much at the mercy of the provider... (those of us without Wireless that is)
    03-06-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD