View Poll Results: Yahoo vs Gmail, on berry which is better

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yahoo

5 12.20%
  • Gmail

36 87.80%
    Hi everybody,

I have a hotmail e-mail address but I'm looking to open a yahoo or gmail e-mail address as they're supposed to be push e-mail for the blackberry.

My question is which is better? Is one faster than the other or is one more reliable (doesn't skip sending messages to the device)?

I did a forum search and I couldn't find any direct comparisons. So any of you crackberry addicts have accounts with both? Any help is appreciated

Tell me.... Yahoo or Gmail?
    12-04-07 04:58 PM
    I use both but def prefer gmail. I love the layout and its very user friendly.
    12-04-07 05:08 PM
    Gmail has excellent spam filters. The interface is cool and easy to use too.
    12-04-07 05:30 PM
    Anybody got plugs for Yahoo? Gmail seems to be the most popular. What about Yahoo! Messenger vs. Google talk on the berry?
    12-05-07 01:49 AM
    Thats what Jivetalk is for lol
    12-05-07 02:24 AM
    LOL That's true Bla1ze, I'm behind on the times. Actually it's more of a money thing right now. Not working yet, so it's bad enough that I'm paying for data I can't afford to buy any programs on top of that until the new year probably. The second I start working I'll look into jivetalk.

And you didn't give me your 2 cents on gmail vs yahoo for push e-mail on the blackberry. btw Bla1ze, did I tell you that I used to live in lower sackville? I moved away from there in '94 though.
    12-05-07 02:37 AM
    Go for Gmail. But best is that you open both email and see for yourself witch is better. My opinion is that Gmail has better layout and text ads are better than that flashy that Yahoo has...
    12-05-07 02:56 AM
    thewesman ... jivetalk has a 30 day free trial ....
    12-05-07 07:45 AM
    i prefer gmail as well. so easy to use and get around.
    12-05-07 10:15 AM
    The main reason I prefer GTalk over Yahoo Messenger is because of the hassles getting Yahoo Messenger to work. Once you get it installed, I think Yahoo is better, and I have more friends using it.
    12-05-07 10:40 AM
    Gmail.

I haven't ever used my Yahoo account for anything other than IM, and, now, Flickr. I know I cannot stand the flash and banner ads in YIM on my PC, so I never even use it anymore. JiveTalk, baby!
    12-05-07 10:43 AM
    Good layout, great filters, easy to use, plus they never asked for my credit card details ...
    12-05-07 07:29 PM
    Gmail..if you want emails sooner than 4 days. When Yahoo! revamped their email system, the delivery time dropped into the toilet. I was seeing hours and sometimes days for emails. I dropped Yahoo! then and there and switched.
    12-06-07 10:47 AM
    definitely gmail. there is so much more for myself being able to sync up my calendar and give me alerts.
    Last edited by bbsadaj; 12-06-07 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    12-06-07 10:57 AM
    Oh and FYI: Gmail now allows you to incorporate your AIM contacts into google talk. Not available for the mobile client yet though.
    12-06-07 10:59 AM
    Thanks everybody. I ended up going with gmail. Part of the reason being because of google calendar being able to sync up with the blackberry calendar.
    you can get google calendar sync OTA @ http://m.google.com/sync
    Last edited by thewesman; 12-14-07 at 01:24 AM. Reason: didn't show link properly
    12-14-07 01:22 AM
    If it's not too late already (!), why not spend a few $ a year on your own domain name? Then if you ever migrate from GMail, you won't have to change your email address again.

So register thewesman.com or whatever, and wherever you can get it cheap. Decide on any email address, say me @ thewesman.com, or whatever.

Google have something called Google Apps. It's free.

Google Apps

Basically, you follow the instructions to set up your new domain to 'point mail to' Google's servers (MX records wherever you set up your domain)

Then you can send and receive mail as me @ thewesman.com from your BB or from Gmail's web interface (or a PC - Gmail now supports POP3 and IMAP). Works a treat!

If you ever migrate from Gmail, you just have to go back at point the MX records to you next email provider (that supports hosting other domains).
    Last edited by wibblyw; 12-14-07 at 04:12 AM.
    12-14-07 04:04 AM
    Gmail has Google Document that will allow you to create a Word, Excel and Powerpoint type files on the fly.
    12-14-07 07:04 AM
    Another vote for gmail here. My favorite email account.
    12-14-07 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD