Everything I have read says that my gmail should sync both ways with my blackberry but it doesn't. If i read/delete an email on my blackberry it syncs with gmail. However if I read/delete on the website it doesn't sync with my blackberry. What am I doing wrong here?
    01-26-11 02:11 PM
    I don't know where you heard this. Gmail has had only one way sync for a long time. The new BIS 3.2 is supposed to fix this but I have no idea when it is rolling out. BIS 3.1 is out is certain locations but it has been slow. Gmail is a good service but this adds a lot of house keeping if you use it a lot.
    01-26-11 03:06 PM
    Everything I have read says that my gmail should sync both ways with my blackberry but it doesn't. If i read/delete an email on my blackberry it syncs with gmail. However if I read/delete on the website it doesn't sync with my blackberry. What am I doing wrong here?
    Gmail will sync 2 ways. Go into the gmail mailbox. Go to options and email reconciliation. U can then choose to delete emails in mailbox, handheld or both.
    As for the marking read it should do it on both but sometimes its just a bit slow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 03:21 PM
    I remember it was sometime in early 2010 that the 2-way sync was "turned on" for gmail... Unless I'm just a little tarded (which is completely possible).

01-26-11 03:25 PM
    I don't know where you heard this. Gmail has had only one way sync for a long time. The new BIS 3.2 is supposed to fix this but I have no idea when it is rolling out. BIS 3.1 is out is certain locations but it has been slow. Gmail is a good service but this adds a lot of house keeping if you use it a lot.
    BIS 3.2 has been out since October 2010. I tried everything but my gmail doesnt sync both ways.
    01-26-11 05:52 PM
    My Gmail syncs both ways without an issue now. I had a problem like yours, I suggest removing the email account from BB and then re-installing it. It most cases this solves the issue right up.
    01-26-11 07:39 PM
    My Gmail syncs both ways without an issue now. I had a problem like yours, I suggest removing the email account from BB and then re-installing it. It most cases this solves the issue right up.
    Yes, I heard of that helping people too.
    Mine syncs both ways.

01-26-11 08:09 PM
    How fast is the sync supposed to be from the website to the blackberry? I removed and then re-added my account on BIS and deleted an email from the website. 2hrs later it is still on my blackberry.
    01-26-11 11:04 PM
    BIS 3.2 has been out since October 2010. I tried everything but my gmail doesnt sync both ways.
    how long does it take for you?
    01-26-11 11:52 PM
    Almost 12 hrs later and the email is still on my blackberry.
    01-27-11 08:46 AM
    It should sync both ways. Been that way for quite some time. Need to make sure you have IMAP enabled in Gmail, and set the account in your BIS to synchronize deleted items. Syncing from BB to web should be instant, however web to BB can take hours.
    01-27-11 10:10 AM
    Good point. Make sure IMAP is enabled in your gmail account.

01-27-11 10:27 AM
    It should sync both ways. Been that way for quite some time. Need to make sure you have IMAP enabled in Gmail, and set the account in your BIS to synchronize deleted items. Syncing from BB to web should be instant, however web to BB can take hours.
    I guess that's the issue. I expected it to be pretty fast like my BES mail and yahoo. The email did finally delete off my BB after 14 hrs.
    01-27-11 10:28 AM
    I have the exact same problem, but never tested how long it took to delete off phone. I'm still trying to figure out why it happens to some people and not others.
    01-27-11 12:45 PM
    the bb and gmail sites both say it is only one-way syncing (bb to gmail) but mine does sync both ways after many hours (6 to 15!). why do they say one-way sync? how am i getting two-way? wish it were faster though, still prefer the gmail app (even though its not html) over bb server because its instant.
    Last edited by ckupritz; 02-22-11 at 05:02 PM.
    02-22-11 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD