I am using BIS with GMail. If I receive a message on my BB and delete it the delete syncs with GMail and deletes it from my online mailbox. However if I delete the message from GMail the delete doesn't seem to sync back to my device. The message will stay on my device until I manually delete it. Is this normal? Is there a way around it?
    12-11-07 07:27 AM
    Saw your post on another forum. GMail does take a while to sync from GMail to the device. It will sync, eventually. You can always force a reconcile. Are you using the GMail App or is it a BIS account?
    12-11-07 09:57 AM
    are you using gMail's PUSH technology, gMail's IMAP technology, or the gMail app?
    12-11-07 01:06 PM
    Similar problem here. When I delete email in GMail App, online emails also delete and visa versa. However, when I delete email in the native messenger app, online emails are not affected and visa versa. Help please

PS - why is the native BB messenger app so crappy at displaying html emails and emails in general? GMail app is SO MUCH better. Things are much clearer and long url's aren't displayed like they are in BB's messenger. Just though BB could do better with something so integral to BB's? Comments?
    12-12-07 03:19 AM
    Ok it looks like there is just a delay (up to an hour or two) when you delete a message from Gmail.com.
    12-12-07 06:54 PM
    are you using gMail's PUSH technology, gMail's IMAP technology, or the gMail app?

I'm hoping that forum readers can help me with a related question. For about the last week my Gmail account has stopped pushing mail to my AT&T BB 8300. I have revisited the AT&T BIS website to check that the account settings are correct. I have also sent service books to the handheld and these have arrived promptly. The handheld will send Gmail very quickly, but it is just not receiving it.

Any thoughts on what to try next? Thanks.
    12-17-07 01:31 PM
    have you tried pulling your battery?
    12-17-07 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD