I know that there are some topic about this but I was just wondering...

Why Gmail deliver mail instantly to BB using BIS and other emails dont?

There isnt any info about this on Google help only how to setup email using BIS. Looks like this is some easter egg from Google...
    08-07-07 02:59 AM
    As I understand it RIM have done some specific enhancement with GMail to facilitate this. Longer term I think they'll come up with a method to allow instant delivery on all POP3 accounts (hoping!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-07 03:50 AM
    I just believe it's the contract that GMail / Google have with RIM, same with Yahoo...

I'm just happy they offer it. Plus, I think people would be quick to get a 'free' email service with GMail for instant email on a BlackBerry rather than some 'other' POP3 type account...
    08-07-07 06:55 AM
    I notice my gmail hits my 8830 before it does the webclient. Crazy.

08-07-07 12:33 PM
    I notice my gmail hits my 8830 before it does the webclient. Crazy.

That is not uncommon. BlackBerry is frequently faster than web/desktop email clients.

As for the reason Gmail is instant push. I believe that RIM & Google worked out some arrangement so it is instant push. Lucky for us.

FYI, Yahoo has the same instant email setup with two way delete/read sync as well.
    08-07-07 12:59 PM
    That is not uncommon. BlackBerry is frequently faster than web/desktop email clients.

As for the reason Gmail is instant push. I believe that RIM & Google worked out some arrangement so it is instant push. Lucky for us.

FYI, Yahoo has the same instant email setup with two way delete/read sync as well.

Yes I noticed that too. My G webmail is opet at work and BB is working faster.

Maybe RIM and Google will pull another goodie for us. Worth of hoping...
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-28-07 at 05:32 PM.
    08-07-07 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD