I had GMail working great via IMAP on my BB. I was receiving emails instantly, and I had awesome synchronization between GMail and my BB. Then recently it stopped working. My emails come after a 10 minute (or longer) delay and read/unread/deleted items are no longer synchronizing between my BB and GMail. I tried resending the service books, but to no avail.

I am thinking that maybe this started when I set the "keep messages" option to "30 days" in an effort to conserve memory on my BB.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
    AS
    03-02-09 04:38 AM
    I had GMail working great via IMAP on my BB. I was receiving emails instantly, and I had awesome synchronization between GMail and my BB. Then recently it stopped working. My emails come after a 10 minute (or longer) delay and read/unread/deleted items are no longer synchronizing between my BB and GMail. I tried resending the service books, but to no avail.

I am thinking that maybe this started when I set the "keep messages" option to "30 days" in an effort to conserve memory on my BB.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
    AS
    I think it's because RIM is getting things ready for BIS 2.6 which will default to IMAP for gmail.
    03-02-09 06:00 AM
    I think it's because RIM is getting things ready for BIS 2.6 which will default to IMAP for gmail.
    And that's why it's not working?
    03-02-09 07:36 AM
    I was having problems last week about this, i started a thread, and it had something to do with Gmail's servers going down for a period of time or something. I have switched back to POP for the time being, that way I get my messages asap, but I'd like to go back to IMAP soon... I didn't know anything about BIS 2.6, any ideas on what is going to be improved?
    03-02-09 09:20 AM
    Let me pose it like this:
    I am pretty confident that if I would remove and re-add the IMAP account that it would work. The big question really is, what will happen to my previously partially-undownloaded messages? For example, after removing and re-adding, will I still be able to download attachments for old messages?
    03-02-09 11:09 AM
    Let me pose it like this:
    I am pretty confident that if I would remove and re-add the IMAP account that it would work. The big question really is, what will happen to my previously partially-undownloaded messages? For example, after removing and re-adding, will I still be able to download attachments for old messages?

I had a similar issue, and had to completely remove the account from BIS and set it up again. It now works great, and is instant push through IMAP.

I'm not sure about your attachment question, although you can still log on to gmail.com and view those attachments for mail already sent to your device prior to today once you delete the account and set it up again.
    03-02-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD