Umm... I'm receiving my Gmail IMAP instantly (instead of the usual 15 minute delay), my life is now complete.

Just thought I had to share
    03-21-09 01:33 AM
    Congrats

I have always gotten it instantly, I was always shocked when folks never did - dunno.......
    03-21-09 02:02 AM
    Glad you got it working...
    03-21-09 02:35 AM
    now if only there was a way to stop all the doubled messages.
    03-21-09 03:23 AM
    Gmail has always been pretty quick in my book

@ gimik I do believe that can add filters so it doesn't do that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 03:31 AM
    Gmail has always been pretty quick in my book

@ gimik I do believe that can add filters so it doesn't do that

you're right. I just found the filter to add. thank you GIS
    03-21-09 03:36 AM
    I'm glad you fixed your lil problem

03-21-09 03:57 AM
    Umm... I'm

receiving my Gmail IMAP instantly (instead of the usual 15 minute delay), my life is now complete.

Just thought I had to share
    Lucky, I can only get POP gmail to push instantly. I've tried many times to get IMAP gmail to work properly but its always delayed and never syncs right. E.g. Messages I read on my berry still show up as unread on the web interface. No amount of service books or searching for a fix have been successful. Until I figure it out, I'm stuck with POP.

I have heard that yahoos IMAP email works very well on berrys. I suppose I could forward my gmail to yahoo mail but I hate workarounds I'd rather a true fix!

03-21-09 04:16 AM
    Lucky, I can only get POP gmail to push instantly. I've tried many times to get IMAP gmail to work properly but its always delayed and never syncs right. E.g. Messages I read on my berry still show up as unread on the web interface. No amount of service books or searching for a fix have been successful. Until I figure it out, I'm stuck with POP.

I have heard that yahoos IMAP email works very well on berrys. I suppose I could forward my gmail to yahoo mail but I hate workarounds I'd rather a true fix!

yeah, I've been fiddling with a yahoo account too. I don't think it's IMAP exactly, but rather some special Yahoo-BB arrangement (I might be wrong), and yes it works very well, instant delivery, full two-way read/delete sync.

But my gmail account is already established and I didn't want to change (plus I get gmail IMAP'd to outlook & calendar sync).

I was playing around with a second gmail account and noticed I was getting instant IMAP with that, but not my primary gmail account, so I deleted then recreated my primary gmail account from my BIS, and tada

(still no Gmail->BB read sync and delayed Gmail -> BB delete sync, but we're getting there..)
    03-21-09 04:26 AM
    Just to let you know, the new BIS 2.6 is supposed to be implemented this weekend. It will use Gmail-IMAP as the default with instant push and no need for the sent-mail filter.

You will have to remove and recreate your gmail accounts in the BIS for this to work.
    03-21-09 05:55 AM
    Just to let you know, the new BIS 2.6 is supposed to be implemented this weekend. It will use Gmail-IMAP as the default with instant push and no need for the sent-mail filter.

You will have to remove and recreate your gmail accounts in the BIS for this to work.
    sweet. when is it supposed to happen? How will we know when our accounts are done?
    03-21-09 10:04 AM
    sweet. when is it supposed to happen? How will we know when our accounts are done?
    According to another thread, it was supposed to have occurred early this morning EDT. But I don't know if it happened since I still received a few emails around 3 A.M. EDT.

BIS (v2.x) Email service will be affected on 3/20-3/21 during a maintenance period.

Impact
    BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages, use the BlackBerry Internet Service web site, or perform activities such as creating new accounts, accessing their Internet mailbox, integrating third-party email accounts, or viewing email attachments during the maintenance period.

Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to use BlackBerry administration web sites or perform activities such as creating subscriber accounts or provisioning services for subscribers during the maintenance.

Change Window Date/Time
    Start: March 21, 2009 12:00 AM (EDT)
    End: March 21, 2009 6:00 AM (EDT)
    03-21-09 10:46 AM
    According to another thread, it was supposed to have occurred early this morning EDT. But I don't know if it happened since I still received a few emails around 3 A.M. EDT.

I work in IT. The six hour outage window likely included troubleshooting and backout time if needed. If there were no problems with the implementation, then it is likely they did not need the entire outage window.
    03-21-09 10:52 AM
    BIS 2.6 has been implemented on my AT&T account. After re-creating my gmail and google app accounts, I have instant one-way sync (BB->Gmail) reads/deletes, instant push delivery, and no need for sent-mail filters.
    03-21-09 10:52 AM
    Do you have to re add your gmail account using the imap setup instructions (blank pw, manual settings, imap.gmail.com etc.....) Or does it auto to imap now?

03-21-09 03:37 PM
    Yes... i'm updated with 2.6 now. I deleted and re-added my account. Sent a test message and poof, both device and mailbox synced
    03-21-09 03:42 PM
    This is the case for AT&T at least...!
    03-21-09 03:43 PM
    is anybody else noticing Gmail->BB delete sync is either wayyyy slower or not happening...?
    03-21-09 03:45 PM
    Do you have to re add your gmail account using the imap setup instructions (blank pw, manual settings, imap.gmail.com etc.....) Or does it auto to imap now?
    It seems, when I set up the gmail account the standard way (not manual) it turns on both POP & IMAP... but it still works if I turn off POP...
    03-21-09 03:58 PM
    is anybody else noticing Gmail->BB delete sync is either wayyyy slower or not happening...?
    It is definately happening, it just seems to be much slower than it used to be
    03-21-09 04:12 PM
    Imap is working correctly for me on TMo.
    03-21-09 04:20 PM
    In messages we now have the optuon to file messages(like a bes) but..... I have like 8285858 inbox'slol..

03-21-09 04:31 PM
    You can't send yourself an email, it's not hitting my berry but gmail gets it. WTF....I do this in a rush sometimes when I need info but no time to start a note or cal entry.
    03-21-09 04:51 PM
    You can't send yourself an email, it's not hitting my berry but gmail gets it. WTF....I do this in a rush sometimes when I need info but no time to start a note or cal entry.
    this has always been the case for me,
    - send myself an email from BB, message goes into Gmail "sent items" but never hits either Gmail or BB inbox
    - send myself an email from Gmail, hits both GMail & BB inboxes...
    03-21-09 04:55 PM
    If I read an email on Gmail is it supposed to send the 'read' status to my blackberry? Or is it 1 way only, BB to gmail (which does work) for reads.
    03-21-09 06:07 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD