I apologize if I've missed this stated elsewhere, but has the way BB and Gmail sync up changed recently? I have two Gmail accounts setup through IMAP to my Storm. Until yesterday, anything that I deleted on the Storm would still show up in my Gmail box. This morning I went to my Gmail account on the computer to check an email address that I was sent, and everything I deleted on the handset was also deleted on the website. This is definitely a recent thing, no more than a day old because I had been checking some emails with tracking numbers a day or two ago that had been deleted on the phone but still kept on the website.

Sorry if this is all rambling, but it's been a long night.
    04-15-09 08:30 AM
    Yes with the new bis they rolled out it did change the way your device syncs with gmail accounts. If you delete on your device it deletes from your mailbox as well
    04-15-09 08:31 AM
    It has always been this way for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 09:24 AM
    I get 2 options on my curve 8900 after I hit the delete key. One is "delete on mailbox and handset" and the 2nd option is "on handheld" If I do the mailbox and handheld jobbie, my emails in the mailbox and phone both get deleted. If I hit the handheld option, it remains in mailbox and gets deleted from my cell only.
    Last edited by geotos; 04-15-09 at 11:26 AM.
    04-15-09 11:23 AM
    What Corfeld is saying is that before the BIS upgrade, gmail would come through via POP...and when you would delete an email from the Blackberry, and you would get the option of deleting it from handheld AND mailbox it would truly delete from both.

Then when the BIS update was rolled out and gmail started coming via IMAP, even if you would "delete from mailbox and handheld" it would still show up in gmail when you would log in, however it would be read...

now, as recently as yesterday (maybe the day before), when you delete an email on handheld and mailbox it truly reflects that in gmail.

Why did this happen in the first place to some people, what has changed now, etc, ...I don't have those answers, sorry :P
    04-15-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD