I think I found another reason to use the app v. the auto sync. I set up my new gmail calendar and email to use the auto sync. Then my blackberry desktop would not allow me to sync to my Outlook on my desktop. We don't host our own email server at work and I don't want to pay monthly fees so I have always used the blackberry desktop sync. Then also blackberry desktop would not let me have a calendar other than the gmail calendar. So I deleted my gmail acct from blackberry and am ready to start all over again.

Will the gmail app allow me to still use the blackberry desktop and sync to my Outlook? Thus maintain contacts in outlook, blackberry device and gmail. Then can the app allow me to post all appts in my gmail calendar?
    11-09-10 06:38 PM
    The Gmail app will allow you to use Outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 07:15 PM
    i just read about a google app for desktop that works with outlook. think I am going to try this.

Put the google calendar app on desktop to sync my work outlook contacts / appts to google (gmail and google calendar). Then set up the gmail acct to work with auto sync with the blackberry. Then once or twice a day at work i run the app on desktop to keep google up to date and then google works auto with the blackberry.

Will this work?
    11-09-10 07:41 PM
    I actually purchased Sync2 from 4Team to sync Outlook to Gmail. I am syncing contacts and appts. I did not feel comfortable with google. The free google calendar worked great by only for contacts and not appts. I then turned on the auto sync functionality for gmail and blackberry BIS. I am very happy all seems to be working well for an investment of $40.00. This is cool.
    11-12-10 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD