I still have my Blackberry Curve 9300. I know it's a dinosaur, but I'm happy with it.

I just created a new Gmail account. Previously, I've gone through the Email Setup Wizard with no problems. (I currently have other Gmail addresses feeding into my phone, which I've set up in the past without any difficulty.)

However, when I try to get this new Gmail account feeding into my phone, Gmail sneers at my phone and tells me I can't. It says:

Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account [address] from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
    Details:
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 7:48 PM (GMT)
    We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:

There's no option to manually override it. I know that Gmail doesn't offer many of the apps for Blackberry that it once did (ie, GoogleMaps, GoogleVoice), and I'm nervous about messing with my currently-working emails by trying to download new things.

I'm not expecting a lot of traffic with my new address--- I might just forward it to one of the ones that works. But before I did that, is there some other way to convince Gmail that it's okay to forward to my phone?

Thanks!
    01-30-16 02:20 PM
    Please access your Google account from a desktop and add the BlackBerry device.
    01-30-16 11:43 PM