I'm a long time Hotmail user trying to make the transition to GMail. I can add and edit my contacts with Hotmail by logging into my account through my bb browser. I cannot seem to find a way to add or edit contacts with GMail. I tried using the GMail app, GMail using my bb browser, and Gmail using Opera Mini. I was unable to add or edit contacts using either method. Has anyone found a way to edit and add GMail contacts with your blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 08:44 AM
    When i log into Gmail from my phone, the default setup is 'mobile'. I'm unable to access my contacts as I normally can from a PC. If you scroll to the bottom of the page on your phone though, you can select 'basic HTML' which changes the gmail to pc type set up

10-19-08 10:18 AM
    He is right, that is the only way to edit them. I had that problem at first too.

Small annoyance considering gmail is superior to hotmail.
    10-19-08 10:22 AM
    When in HTML using GMail on my bb browser, I'm only given the option to compose or delete a contact. I can't find a way to add a contact or edit a contact.

10-19-08 10:26 AM
    you can add and delete right, not sure what you mean?
    10-19-08 10:37 AM
    I'm able to click the checkbox next to each Email address. After selecting the Email I'm then given an option to compose or delete the Email. Can't find a way to edit or create a new contact.

10-19-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD