APN: internet.com
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

Thanks. So I just enter these in the TCPIP and that's it? My browser and my email will start to work with WiFi? I don't need to download any apps?

Thanks
    01-02-11 06:42 AM
    I tried it with my BlackBerry Pearl, and in the Network settings, there is not any WiFi. Does Pearl not support wifi at all?
    01-02-11 07:58 AM
    Thanks. So I just enter these in the TCPIP and that's it? My browser and my email will start to work with WiFi? I don't need to download any apps? Thanks
    Push email will not work. The Gmail app, the browser and any applications you download that use Wi-Fi will work.

I tried it with my BlackBerry Pearl, and in the Network settings, there is not any WiFi. Does Pearl not support wifi at all?
    Which Pearl is it?
    01-02-11 01:05 PM
    Sadly it's an old Pearl 8100. Am I out of luck?
    01-02-11 01:06 PM
    Sadly it's an old Pearl 8100. Am I out of luck?
    Unfortunately yes, the 8100 does not support Wi-Fi.
    01-02-11 01:11 PM
    Does anyone know host name for google sync?
    07-19-11 03:11 AM
    Google Sync can be run over wi-fi on default now.

Also, Gmail 2.0.7 can be run over WiFix after logging in with a data connection/plan. (remove SIM, place old one back in, put battery in)
    Last edited by Snuupy; 12-03-11 at 11:47 PM.
    12-03-11 11:44 PM
    im want to whatsapp over a wifi connection , every tym i strt ..the first 3 steps goes fine..at the 'updating' step it displays "sync error:failed to transmit"..pls help me..
    i also need a updated hosts list for whatsapp v2.7.2330 ... may be that'll help ?!!
    thanx in adv !
    01-20-12 11:09 AM
    there is a very good solution:

if you can get one of those "data day passes" for your BB, get it and have the data. then, download and install all the google apps (via whatever network you want including wifi) and they will now work even after your data services stop because the service books and host routing table entries have been entered forever. worked for me! the apps will continue to function on wifi as a mean to save data (which they were originally intended to do)

cheers!

Ziyou Zou, BlackBerry Smartphones and App World Developer/Vendor
    02-24-12 10:42 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD