Has anyone been able to get the "Advanced IMAP" features to work as advertised? I'm happy that read messages on my BB are showing as read in Gmail. I just wish that I could get the "auto expunge" feature to move messages deleted on my BB to go to the archive instead of the trash. I look forward to your responses.
    01-14-09 02:58 PM
    Has anyone been able to get the "Advanced IMAP" features to work as advertised? I'm happy that read messages on my BB are showing as read in Gmail. I just wish that I could get the "auto expunge" feature to move messages deleted on my BB to go to the archive instead of the trash. I look forward to your responses.
    They only get archived if you archive them. If you delete them, then they get deleted. In other words, on your Berry, hit [MENU] Archive. Then, you can "refresh" if you want to see the changes immediately.
    01-14-09 03:38 PM
    The OP wasn't using the gmail mobile application, so there is no menu item for "archive.". When I'm using gmail through a BIS integrated account and delete an item on my phone (instructing it to delete from both the device and the server), it removes the "Inbox" label and adds an "IMAP/Trash" label. I periodically go to my IMAP/Trash label and tell gmail to remove the IMAP/Trash label. When that's done, those emails are left archived under "All Mail" and whatever other labels you've given them. So in a sense, the deleted emails are archived, but with an extra label.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 04:23 PM
    When a message is expunged from the last visible IMAP folder:
    Archive the message
    Move the message to the Gmail Trash
    Immediately delete the message forever

In Gmail under avanced IMAP controls I've selected "Archive the message". Shouldn't that move anything marked DELETE on the BB move those messages to the archive folder in Gmail?
    01-14-09 06:39 PM
    I have two gMail accounts, and I have it working correctly on one of them. The problem is, for the life of me, I can't figure out what I did different between the two accounts.

On my mail account, gMail actually shows that there are imap folders that are being used. When I delete something on my blackberry in that account, it works correctly. On an alternate account, it doesn't show that there are imap folders in use, and when I delete something from my blackberry that arrived to that account it is sent to the trash.

I suspect it has something to do with the way I set up the accounts, but I'm not sure what I did differently between them. BIS shows the exact same settings for each of the accounts.

I know it is possible, I just haven't worked out how to consistently get it to work.
    01-14-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD