Hey everyone,

New to blackberry, trying so hard to figure it out. I only use gmail but before I realized that I could just download the gmail app, I synced my gmail to my blackberry. Now I'm getting duplicate notifications. I even get notifications in my inbox when I personally send a email to someone else from my computer! It's crazy! So how do I get rid of getting my email on the blackberry in messages and just use the gmail app?? I'm getting frustrated. I would appreciate any help

Allison
    12-04-08 07:39 PM
    12-04-08 07:41 PM
    If you only want to use the gmail app, go to BlackBerry Internet Service and remove your gmail from there.
    12-04-08 07:51 PM
    I've read the steps on how to apply the filter - but I still have a problem.

1. I logged into Verizon, and can't find anyplace on my account to edit my email filters.

2. I try Verizon help, and it directs me to the blackberry site to go through the steps that I've seen linked here several times.

3. I try to log into the blackberry site, and it tells me there is already a username/password associated with my SIM. (which I didn't do)

4. I ask it to reset my password and email it to me, and it tells me the account doesn't exist.

5. I emailed Blackberry help, and they tell me I have to go through Verizon.

6. I DO have a BES.

7. Where can I edit the email filter? If I can find where to start, I can follow directions.

thanks!
    12-05-08 10:23 PM
    if you go into email setup on the device itself "depending were you put the icon on the storm"

you can edit the gmail account and add the filter there
    12-05-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD