Came across this article today in the Globe. Interesting read.

Analysts warn BlackBerry?s first-quarter earnings will disappoint - The Globe and Mail

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:02 AM
    Aren't they always warning us of something about BlackBerry?
    06-22-15 07:15 AM
    Aren't they always warning us of something about BlackBerry?
    Yes, except that this time they're right

Posted via CB10
    1magine likes this.
    06-22-15 07:19 AM
    BlackBerry is never winning, always dying, losing money, burning cash and not making a sale or a profit (not even when the for-sale-sign goes up, lol)...

Chen himself and every realistic investor (looking at you, Prem Watsa, the real one) knows that there will be a few more quarters with shrinking BIS revenues that need to be off-set by software sales and other service revenue. Hardware will stabilize, but needs more corporate sales as well as some marketing efforts with a highly desirable, unique phone...

Bets are on the Zzzzzlider, haha.... :-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-22-15 08:12 AM
    BlackBerry is never winning, always dying, losing money, burning cash and not making a sale or a profit (not even when the for-sale-sign goes up, lol)...

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    Lmao! Well said!! And yet all these investors haven't figured out the simple math, how is it BlackBerry dead for 3yrs and no cash or revenue or sales STILL have money to burn?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 08:19 AM
    The whole Globe&Mail-Canadian Press-Associated Press group seems always particularly keen to report, and amplify, any BlackBerry negative news. I always wondered why?

BB, Still the One
    06-22-15 08:35 AM
    I am actually more worried about handset sales. The last quarters BB was profitable as a company, but device sales have continued to decline.
    06-22-15 08:56 AM
    Device sales this quarter are on the shoulders of the leap... makes sense that hardware sales will disappoint. I think the only benefit the leap has is that it's making them empty their inventory of Z30s.
    Cause everyone (individual or reviewer) has recommended to go for the Z30 instead.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 09:17 AM
    Seems on point. BlackBerry name is hurting them in MDM space and hardware. They need to divest themselves from the brand, especially when going cross platform. Handset sales will be down, which will show PKB focus was a huge mistake. Software revenue will not be high enough to show they can hit their targets by close of fiscal 2015. Chen better have answers and not "I don't have those numbers in front of me" BS he has pulled the last few calls. I think the market is growing tired of it.

Posted via Z30
    06-22-15 09:52 AM
    Lmao! Well said!! And yet all these investors haven't figured out the simple math, how is it BlackBerry dead for 3yrs and no cash or revenue or sales STILL have money to burn?

Posted via CB10
    Because Chen came in and slashed expenses and stopped running up big inventories. That's a start, and it stabilizes the company for a while.

I think most of us know we are at least 2-3 more quarters away from seeing whether he actually will have saved the company.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    06-22-15 09:54 AM
    patience little grasshopper what's the rush....read, and or listen to all the hacks occurring on Android,IOS,and windows BlackBerry will dominate again you'll see wink

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and brian4591 like this.
    06-22-15 10:29 AM
    Im not worried just means if BlackBerry breaks even or makes. 01% profit they will look great.

Beproud
    06-22-15 10:59 AM
    I think that there has been a delay in the proliferation of the classic and Z30 in corporate spaces in Canada. I think that delay is now over and at least from a Canadian sales perspective there has been the replacement of the 9900s and q10s.

Corporations move slow...I thinks sales won't be too bad.
    06-22-15 11:02 AM
    Aren't the press always come out with negative report of BlackBerry earnings not just one, it has been like this since? When BlackBerry finally releases its earnings, it made small profit and added some cash into their cash account so far. Hope this just ended quarter will do the same. I think the only time they will stop this propagation bad news of BlackBerry when it starts to report over 4 to 5 millions hardware sales and 4 to 5 hundred millions in software sales per quarter. By then, the stock price is not where it is right now. Will find out tomorrow morning...
    06-22-15 11:04 AM
    I don't see the need for people to stress out over BlackBerry well being. Most people here aren't even investors but are very opinionated and thinks they can run the company better then Mr. Chen. Let the company be, go on with your lifestyle and enjoy whatever BlackBerry phones you're using. When the company goes bankrupt we will all see big headlines around the world. Until then just keep on truckin.

patience little grasshopper what's the rush....read, and or listen to all the hacks occurring on Android,IOS,and windows BlackBerry will dominate again you'll see wink

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    06-22-15 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    BB has lost revenue every quarter for more than 3 years. The stock price has dropped form over $120, to under $60, to under $20, to where they can not keep it over $10 a share. Currently $8+. But yeah, everything is wonderful.
    06-22-15 11:33 AM
    From what I've read, they aren't saying that earnings are going to necessary be bad. Just that Chen plan to transition to a software and services company and to reach $600 Million by the end of the fiscal year... is not going to be supported by this earnings report.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a slight upswing in hardware sales. But with the Classic and the LEAP we aren't talking about all that much in revenue... especially if these are corporate devices.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-22-15 11:47 AM
    after reading the article it makes me wonder why business like Ford, Healthcare and other brands trust BlackBerry to run there future software. Seems there is trust enough by big companies but not with consumers which are allready been sicked by all these negative stories from the last 3 year and dislike the brand named BlackBerry.

Still don't know why they don't started a new brand 2 years ago with BB10 , next to BlackBerry to see if a new name could help them and also the brand wide the market .
    dararede and BerrySoul like this.
    06-22-15 11:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Relying on the misfortunes of others? Seems pretty desperate to me.

Posted via C5303
    06-22-15 11:58 AM
    I'm going to keep my eyes open for the After Market and see what it does,I'm surprised it's up 3% today.
    06-22-15 01:12 PM
    I don't see the need for people to stress out over BlackBerry well being. Most people here aren't even investors but are very opinionated and thinks they can run the company better then Mr. Chen. Let the company be, go on with your lifestyle and enjoy whatever BlackBerry phones you're using. When the company goes bankrupt we will all see big headlines around the world. Until then just keep on truckin.
    Where's the fun in that?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 01:17 PM
    Seems on point. BlackBerry name is hurting them in MDM space and hardware. They need to divest themselves from the brand, especially when going cross platform. Handset sales will be down, which will show PKB focus was a huge mistake. Software revenue will not be high enough to show they can hit their targets by close of fiscal 2015. Chen better have answers and not "I don't have those numbers in front of me" BS he has pulled the last few calls. I think the market is growing tired of it.

Posted via Z30
    Well, first things first. There really isn't an MDM space anymore, it has transitioned into the EMM space which clearly demands more. From the outside Blackberry has done well and has certainly taken high profile customers away from Good technologies and Mobile Iron (as highlighted by their own CEO). If you actually look at revenue predictions for software, there coming in higher than Chen predicted at this point of the recovery. And don't forget IoT angle which is now starting to generate cash. So I think things are pretty good in this regard; whether they counter the drop in BIS revenue, I'm less certain. Hardware does, however, remain a concern and this shouldn't be ignored as it still counts for 40% of BB revenue. In the end, I actually think they will make a profit but they will do it the ugly way: Cost savings and R&D rebate.
    06-22-15 01:48 PM
    And one final thing. The G&M article is actually realistic and modestly positive. I don't know what all the panic is about.
    06-22-15 01:52 PM
    And one final thing. The G&M article is actually realistic and modestly positive. I don't know what all the panic is about.
    Not really sure... the OP just posted the article, most of the panic came from those that claim there isn't anything to panic about. It amazes me how a few have been able to transfer their love of a device to the love of a corporate portfolio.

Personally if I could buy a "better" all touch BB10 device and had the guarantee that Colbat's "solution" would always work. I'd buy another BlackBerry smartphone. But BES, IoT, QNX... these mean very little to me.... I think life will go on with or without me knowing about them.
    06-22-15 02:09 PM
    From what I've read, they aren't saying that earnings are going to necessary be bad. Just that Chen plan to transition to a software and services company and to reach $600 Million by the end of the fiscal year... is not going to be supported by this earnings report.
    The $600 million goal sounds very unrealistic without a bunch of acquisitions considering software revenue last year was only at $234 million.
    06-22-15 02:14 PM
106 123 ...