If true it would be great. If ever BlackBerry is able to get back with more significant market share, it would have an edge over android since it pushes it update out directly

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:24 PM
    Can someone from Crackberry just answer this prolonged question?

Posted via CB10
    Someone already did - back on the second page (at least on the CB10 app - I know the website paginates differently).

Bla1ze commented. But he doesn't really know either.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:30 PM
    I don't believe it either, but it's what I was told.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:33 PM
    Lol usman bro u made a thread about the same thing as me and no one came to my thread even though it was before yours guess my title caused that.

Lol guess u marketed better

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Haha I hate when that happens lol

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 06:27 PM
    Normally I would eagerly agree about the absurdity of that, but it is my understanding that for all practical purposes, Europeans have no professional sport league that plays US baseball and never have. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.
    That was the purpose of the Joke. Ofcourse Europe never won the the "World Series" they have no MLB teams. They are all in the US (except for 2 that are in Canada)

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 06:30 PM
    Haha I hate when that happens lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol its all good tho, once the news/rumor got out.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-23-14 06:30 PM
    According to most CSR/Carrier isn't BlackBerry dead anyways? If BlackBerry can pull this off why not. Go for it, release whatever can pushed without the need of approval from Carriers. Aren't most users in the US still on 10.1 or something?! its a joke.
    Not only are they still on 10.1
    They don't even have the 10.1 Maintenance Release !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBPandy; 01-23-14 at 06:46 PM.
    01-23-14 06:34 PM
    Its probably going to happen
    01-23-14 07:00 PM
    Just received bbm from the author of bbugmy,he confirmed all will received same os and push by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    01-23-14 07:24 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 via Q10
    01-23-14 07:26 PM
    Just received bbm from the author of bbugmy,he confirmed all will received same os and push by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    What's bbugmy and how would the developer know? I hope it's true but just wondering.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 07:42 PM
    What's bbugmy and how would the developer know? I hope it's true but just wondering.

Posted via CB10
    Www.bbugmy.com he one of the attendance to media preview os 10.2.1 yesterday

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-23-14 07:47 PM

Perhaps you are not aware of the debacle that was 10.1 MR, for many customers.

Skipping that update may have been a wise move, actually.
    01-23-14 07:52 PM
    Www.bbugmy.com he one of the attendance to media preview os 10.2.1 yesterday

Posted via CB10
    Well I see him say that it'll be available for all BB10 devices. That part I know but it could still be carrier dependent. Lets hope we are in for a surprise though.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    01-23-14 07:54 PM
    BS mate. in such case noone could use roaming, lol

I have no idea what you are trying to assert there.

My point was that your device reports its identity and quite likely OS revision every time it connects to a network.

Why that would have anything to do with roaming - which only works via agreement by all the carriers involved - is a mystery to me.
    ray689 likes this.
    01-23-14 07:54 PM
    Is it possible that the "Wi-Fi update" that is now in 10.2.1.1925 (a subset page of the software update page in Settings) may be a way around that?

Turning off the carrier link or removing the SIM card has never magically allowed a device to natively get any software it wants OTA, it needs a SIM card to link to a carrier, and then to check the carrier's approved OS for that device in order to download an updated OS, whether that download occurs via carrier network or WiFi.

Many carriers (ie AT&T) prohibit software updates over a certain size unless done over WiFi, to reduce the load on their network and/or reduce the large amount of data usage that would cut into a customer's monthly data transfer allowance.

Now, I'm really just asking the question, but is it possible that BlackBerry always had control, but just allowed the carriers to have a say in who got what based on the fact that that's just how they always did it - and perhaps because of manufacturer/carrier agreements?

Whether or not Blackberry has the "technical" capability to push OS updates to devices without carrier approval is immaterial. If their contract with carriers stipulates that the carrier must approve OS updates, attempting to ignore such contracts and push unapproved updates anyway puts their entire business in jeopardy. IE "very dumb move".
    01-23-14 08:02 PM
    Excellent move by BB to release OS update globally. Carriers in India were never care for users for releasing of OS updates and because of it, I didn't use official OS in past 7-8 years of using BB devices. It has almost been rule either to use leaked or hybrid.
    01-23-14 08:24 PM
    And still subject to carrier approval. Damn

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-confirms-...-january-28th/

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 08:57 PM
    And still subject to carrier approval. Damn

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-confirms-...-january-28th/

Posted via CB10
    Damn..
    Well let see in few days

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 09:02 PM
    Damn..
    Well let see in few days

Posted via CB10
    Ya I guess we'll know then.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 09:07 PM
    Global update 10.2.1 (not carrier push)-img_20140124_110656.png

Answer's still vague though

Proudly tweeted the first #IChooseBlackBerry10 tweet.
    01-23-14 09:07 PM
    Doesn't seem vague. Says it's rumors and hasn't heard that. Alec who by the way? Saunders?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 09:10 PM
    Doesn't seem vague. Says it's rumors and hasn't heard that. Alec who by the way? Saunders?

Posted via CB10
    Alec Saunders. It's vague for me because it's not a definitive yes or no. Perhaps he hasn't heard of it because he isn't part of software dev. But I understand your point, his answer is kinda verging on "no".

01-23-14 09:22 PM
    Alec Saunders. It's vague for me because it's not a definitive yes or no. Perhaps he hasn't heard of it because he isn't part of software dev. But I understand your point, his answer is kinda verging on "no".

Yes seems that way but not a definitive no for sure.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 09:24 PM
    Normally I would eagerly agree about the absurdity of that, but it is my understanding that for all practical purposes, Europeans have no professional sport league that plays US baseball and never have. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.
    Not sure if there are any professional baseball leagues in Europe (haven't heard of any)

But I always wondered why the North American competition (I think there are Canadian teams as well as US ones) is called 'World Series' as none of the other baseball playing countries seem to be involved (baseball is very big in Japan and quite a few Latin American countries)
    01-23-14 09:26 PM
196 ... 5678