Just curious what everyones opinion would be on this. If many countries don't have lte/4g networks (the UK wont have until 2012 at earliest) then do you think the new bb phones will be released in those countries earlier or will they use the same handset so you can connect to the lte/4g network when it's operational later if at all technically possible to do that.

Does the USA/Canada have a much faster release date on new phones than Europe/Uk and elsewhere? If there is a new bb qnx phone released in q1/q2 2011 I would hope it was made available in other countries soon after as they don't need lte/4g hardware on the phone.

Thoughts?
    12-27-10 02:10 AM
    I personally have no idea, so here's a working 8 Ball.
    12-27-10 12:19 PM
    Just curious what everyones opinion would be on this. If many countries don't have lte/4g networks (the UK wont have until 2012 at earliest) then do you think the new bb phones will be released in those countries earlier or will they use the same handset so you can connect to the lte/4g network when it's operational later if at all technically possible to do that.

Does the USA/Canada have a much faster release date on new phones than Europe/Uk and elsewhere? If there is a new bb qnx phone released in q1/q2 2011 I would hope it was made available in other countries soon after as they don't need lte/4g hardware on the phone.

Thoughts?
    [SARCASM]Don't worry, Blackberry's co-CEOs have basically told everyone that they are catering to 2G countries and their phones kick *** on 2G!! So Blackberry should be making phones that will run on legacy networks for a long time.[/SARCASM]

Now as for the new 4G stuff, who knows when RIM will have stuff out. With the RIM NOC in the way between us and the Internet anyway I don't see the advantage of having 10 Mbps speeds if it has to go through the added delay and bottleneck of that pinball machine.
    12-27-10 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD