Hey,

I have a Tour that was setup with a sprint SIM card in the states. I am now in Burma and have a GSM SIM card. my phone is unlocked and I have changes the network to GSM, but it still won't work. If I try to dial out, it still says my old phone number as "MY NUMBER" ANYONE...EVERYONE...HELP....PLEASE!!!

thanks
    11-15-09 11:16 PM
    This may seem pretty elementary, but it seems to me that your device is not unlocked. Despite all the press releases, and every Tom, **** and Harry assuming the same, not all Tour devices were already unlocked when they were shipped by Sprint. I called Sprint to be sure, and they told me that the first batch of Tours that they shipped out were not unlocked. Mine was included in the shipment that contained unlocked Tours, as luck would have it. The good news is that they can do it for you at no cost, and relatively quickly. Since you seem to have access to the internet, try and log onto the Sprint website, and talk to a live agent online. Alternatively, you could try finding some of their international numbers online so that you can talk to an agent online from a payphone.

My recommendation is that once you have an agent either online or on the phone, ask them to unlock your SIM. Regardless of the outcome, I would also recommend that you request that they activate Sprint International on your plan. It is better to have both options, since you are only charged for the minutes used on the international plan. It is definitely cheaper to buy a local SIM card and use that, but it is nice to have Sprint international as a backup, just in case you find yourself in a bind like the one you are in right now. Hope this helps....
    11-16-09 10:16 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's unlocked. If I have the SIM card in it, I can send/recive texts, I just can't make/receive voice calls. any ideas??
    11-28-09 03:23 AM
    dont you have to call verizon and enable its international roaming abilities? i dont think it will work without letting them know you are travelling so then can provision your account.
    11-28-09 03:47 AM
    dont you have to call verizon and enable its international roaming abilities? i dont think it will work without letting them know you are travelling so then can provision your account.
    he is with sprint so calling verizon won't help him at all good effort though
    11-28-09 04:13 AM
    he is with sprint so calling verizon won't help him at all good effort though
    oh f' it u know what i meant. fine, call Sprint.
    11-28-09 05:05 AM
    when i try to call out it says "no circuit/channel available" any ideas??? called blackberry directly, but they just pawned the problem off onto my local provider... my local 3RD WORLD provider. yeah, thanks for the help blackberry!!
    12-03-09 11:01 AM
    when i try to call out it says "no circuit/channel available" any ideas??? called blackberry directly, but they just pawned the problem off onto my local provider... my local 3RD WORLD provider. yeah, thanks for the help blackberry!!
    because its still looking for a CDMA network i assume. you may need to call Sprint from another line.
    12-03-09 01:08 PM
    I'm not using sprint out here though. i'm using MPT, myanmar post and telecommunications. should I call them or sprint?
    12-05-09 03:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD