Well, check out yet another shot that Gizmodo took at RIM.

All Those New BlackBerrys? They're Already Old Hat

Now, we all know that BGR, Engadget, and Gizmodo don't like RIM much at all, but what I find ridiculous and actually quite hypocrite, its how if you look at the rest of the site, there is so much RIM publicity going on. So, they like getting money from RIM, yet they take shots at them with these ridiculous articles? Mmmmmmm...

Your thoughts...
    08-04-11 05:22 AM
    Well, check out yet another shot that Gizmodo took at RIM.

All Those New BlackBerrys? They're Already Old Hat

Now, we all know that BGR, Engadget, and Gizmodo don't like RIM much at all, but what I find ridiculous and actually quite hypocrite, its how if you look at the rest of the site, there is so much RIM publicity going on. So, they like getting money from RIM, yet they take shots at them with these ridiculous articles? Mmmmmmm...

Your thoughts...
    Typical post. Speculation that wasn't well-researched and is wrong, quote that makes no sense and only affects a small percentage of buyers, and advice that's crap.

For detailed analysis:

- The speculation of QNX for the last two devices is wrong. Not only has RIM practically come out and said QNX is next year, there is of course the Curve and Curve Touch that will be released this year; Gizmodo would know this if they bothered to do any research.

- Flash support? The biggest complaint about the phone is lack of flash support? Heck, this might be a good thing! So now instead of screen size, processor speed, RAM, storage space, or anything else, they have to resort to Flash, which most phones don't have, and the ones that do are crap at best (in my opinion). Anyway, most people aren't buying a phone for Flash support, so moot point at best

- Yes, wait for QNX because if they did their research, they'd know that the first QNX phone is going to be full touch only, so if you want a keyboard BlackBerry (which many do), your flavor of QNX probably won't hit until late 2012/early 2013, at which point you'll be eligible (or close) for an upgrade....

Main point being is that you buy a phone now for the features that you want now....if you always wait for the better coming out, you'll be waiting forever as something new is always on the horizon.
    diegonei and sf49ers like this.
    08-04-11 06:20 AM
    Gizmodo is entertainment. It is NOT a reliable source of unbiased information - or even ACCURATE information. Since the big consolidation of Gizmodo, Jalopnik and about a hundred other sites, the quality and depth of reporting has gone from meager to near zero.

I am perfectly willing to bet my Playbook that a good chunk of their operating budget comes from Apple and Google. You will note that neither of those companys can ever do anything wrong as far as Gizmodo is concerned. Despite the fact that Google is becoming so intrusive that they make the US government look like amateurs.
    08-04-11 07:13 AM
    It's tabloid news. And they get paid well for their uneducated vomit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 07:51 AM
    What I find funny in that article is how the mention that the new blackberry's won't support flash as flash needs dual core processors, but somehow they love iPhone inspite of Apple's stated hate for flash.
    Hypocrites is the right word.
    08-04-11 07:52 AM
    Apple pays well for BS!

08-04-11 12:13 PM
    That's exactly my point, and... YEP! They get money from RIM, yet bash on them with an article that is absolutely useless and false. Not to mention that there are some non-dual core smartphones that play flash just fine. Or am I wrong...

08-04-11 12:15 PM
    What I find funny in that article is how the mention that the new blackberry's won't support flash as flash needs dual core processors, but somehow they love iPhone inspite of Apple's stated hate for flash.
    The difference is sites/companies will bend over backwards to make their products work for Apple, even if it requires them to go out of their way. Take YouTube for example.
    08-04-11 12:28 PM
    One, the "dual core processor" line was a quote from an RIM rep explaining why these devices don't support Flash even as the PlayBook does. Two, when Gizmodo reviews any iOS product they always point out the absence of Flash. You do realize (I hope) that no one feature makes or breaks a product, and that's the total experience that matters.
    08-04-11 12:41 PM
    One, the "dual core processor" line was a quote from an RIM rep explaining why these devices don't support Flash even as the PlayBook does. Two, when Gizmodo reviews any iOS product they always point out the absence of Flash. You do realize (I hope) that no one feature makes or breaks a product, and that's the total experience that matters.
    As far as the experience, I completely agree. As far as Gizmodo, You are incorrect.

http://m.gizmodo.com/5782982/ipad-2-review

Flash is not mentioned once. But let's not let facts, deter or Conversation.

Last edited by CranBerry413; 08-04-11 at 01:54 PM.
    sf49ers likes this.
    08-04-11 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD