I'm sure many of you noticed BGR's recent change due in part to how bad the comments section has gotten - especially when it came to RIM "articles". But lately Gizmodo seems to have gotten a lot worse. Not only are their stories concerning RIM blatantly bias (I say stories because they write their articles like fiction instead of informative tech news), but the comments are even worse than BGR. Seriously, how can Gizmodo be held up as a reliable source of tech news with such incredibly crappy reporting?

Take a look at some of their recent steaming piles of crap stories below to see which ones are filled with bias and/or just wrong:

New BlackBerry Campaign Is Proof RIM Has Entirely Lost It

The New RIM CEO Is Already Out of Touch

A Handcrafted Selection of Wonderful Quotes from RIM�s Recently Departed CEOs

RIM�s New CEO: Too Dull to Convert Me to BlackBerry

This BlackBerry Booth Makes Me Sad

RIM�s Massive, Silly PlayBook Sale: All Models Now $299
    02-03-12 07:50 AM
    Those articles get page hits, its that simple. Unbiased news doesn't. I don't even know if unbiased news exists.
    02-03-12 08:04 AM
    Gizmodo are SH%T simple.

On one article about NASA someone commented about the title being wrong and many agreed and the guy just started calling them FU%&ING WA&KERS etc

Yeah thats the way to treat your readers
    02-03-12 08:11 AM
    It's so nice of you to help boost their income by posting a dozen links. Keep this up and they may send you a "thank you" note.
    02-03-12 09:12 AM
    It's been like that for a while now..

Instead come here.

OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB

OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB

OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB

OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB

OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB

No Ads. and generally exceptionally better than Gizmodo.
    Well except the one of our app.. But that would be us paying ourselves.
    02-03-12 09:19 AM
    It's so nice of you to help boost their income by posting a dozen links. Keep this up and they may send you a "thank you" note.
    I thought it was obvious that I was showing examples to affirm my assertion.
    02-03-12 10:06 AM
    i think they are worse off than BGR by a lot actually. BGR atleast gets some scoops and and gives good reviews of devices. Gizmodo hasnt been on my radar since they screwed up their site with a redesign a couple years back
    02-03-12 10:12 AM
    I thought it was obvious that I was showing examples to affirm my assertion.
    That part is obvious. Also obvious is that by posting links, you send more traffic to Gizmodo, specifically for negatively-toned stories against RIM. Remember, they get paid based on the page view, not on anyone's opinion of their work.
    02-03-12 10:14 AM
    Yah, i noticed that right around the time the torch came out and stopped reading once I got sick of the bashing. I did check the site after CES though and they had some good things to say. Giz is the polar opposite of crackberry.
    02-03-12 10:14 AM
    That part is obvious. Also obvious is that by posting links, you send more traffic to Gizmodo, specifically for negatively-toned stories against RIM. Remember, they get paid based on the page view, not on anyone's opinion of their work.
    Yes, I understand that, but commenting on the fact that I included links to support my post when the people using those links will probably have little to no impact on the revenue generated by Gizmodo seems pretty silly. Especially since you didn't actually comment on my assertion.
    02-03-12 10:19 AM
    i think they are worse off than BGR by a lot actually. BGR atleast gets some scoops and and gives good reviews of devices. Gizmodo hasnt been on my radar since they screwed up their site with a redesign a couple years back
    The thing is, I used to like Gizmodo and found it an interesting source of tech news. Unfortunately, they've gotten so bad lately (as per your point), that I found myself navigating to BGR instead (!) since I enjoy reading about tech news in general - not just about RIM. In other words, they lost me to a competitor who is slightly less crappy than they are (and I'm not BB fanboy).
    02-03-12 10:27 AM
    Yes, I understand that, but commenting on the fact that I included links to support my post when the people using those links will probably have little to no impact on the revenue generated by Gizmodo seems pretty silly.
    People that don't "get it" don't get that they don't "get it."
    02-03-12 10:31 AM
    Although we may not like what is writtin in these articles, I believe they help BB know what the youth is thinking. Articles like these will help BB fine tune their products and marketing to the likes of the consumer. It can be a tool in helping them rebuild, even some of the comments left by readers of these articles are very enlightning.
    Doc Z likes this.
    02-03-12 10:35 AM
    I'm sure many of you noticed BGR's recent change due in part to how bad the comments section has gotten - especially when it came to RIM "articles". But lately Gizmodo seems to have gotten a lot worse. Not only are their stories concerning RIM blatantly bias (I say stories because they write their articles like fiction instead of informative tech news), but the comments are even worse than BGR. Seriously, how can Gizmodo be held up as a reliable source of tech news with such incredibly crappy reporting?
    [links removed]
    If you want to give references without rising their search engine ranking , you could do the following : avoid putting a http link.
    In your case, quoting would be easier for readers and less profit for them. Then you have to choose the most illustrative one and only put the titles of others (they speak by themselves) and suggest the reader to use the search engine of their sites.
    - as in ---

For instance, in an article named[B] New BlackBerry Campaign Is Proof [...] blahblah

Say hello to The Bold Team. Sadly, this animated foursome is RIM’s attempt to capture the youth market. They urge the younger generation to “Be Bold”. Something tells me it won’t work.
    This pink and purple mess looks a bit like an advertising executive just vomited his late-night cocktail onto a page and presented it to RIM. “That’ll do,” he probably thought. “They’re shafted anyway.”
    The Bold Team are “bravely stepping out of 2011 and into 2012 filled with unlimited possibilities”. If you care to know more about RIM’s answer to the Power Rangers, there are four of them. You want a quick run through their biographies? Sure, there’s:
    GoGo Girl, The Achiever: “Saving the day with a brilliant strategy”
    Justin Steele, The Advocate: “Always ready to stick up for his friends”
    Trudy Foreal, The Authentic: “Not afraid to call it as she sees it”.
    Max Stone, The Adventurer: “Able to jump out of a plane…”
    Presumably Max Stone is inspired by the RIM employees who got drunk on that plane.
    A company which is shedding customers quicker than the Costa Concordia lost passengers, seeing its stock price fall week-on-week, and drafting in replacement CEOs, you’d expect to put some effort into advertising. Obviously not. RIM is completely out of touch. [Mobile Syrup via Pocket Lint]

Other illustations ? Just search their site with the following keywords :
    The New RIM CEO Is Already
    Selection of Wonderful Quotes RIM CEOs
    RIM’s New CEO Convert Me to BlackBerry
    This BlackBerry Booth Makes Me Sad 'cause I'm stupid
    RIM’s PlayBook Sale: All Models Now $299

--- end of as in ----

Repliers, also, should avoid to insert "bad" links in their quotation ...
    I know this is a little work more, but if we pay attention to it, here or elsewhere ... it's part of the game, while some players are already very active(ists ?) over this.

2 cents more ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-03-12 at 11:33 AM.
    His Shadow likes this.
    02-03-12 11:26 AM
    Although we may not like what is writtin in these articles, I believe they help BB know what the youth is thinking. Articles like these will help BB fine tune their products and marketing to the likes of the consumer. It can be a tool in helping them rebuild, even some of the comments left by readers of these articles are very enlightning.
    I'm not against constructive criticism which helps companies improve their products, but being mean for the sake of being mean doesn't really benefit anyone. Before BGR culled their comments section, posts often degraded quickly to name-calling. They still need to work on their reporting of tech news, but now they're better than Gizmodo.

The reason I go to Crackberry, is for news and useful info concerning RIM products without most of the drama.
    02-03-12 11:30 AM
    I have signed up with these morons to leave them "nice" comments
    02-03-12 11:58 AM
    Blog sites will be what they are, cheap reading for shhhh in giggles. It saddens me that today's generation values blog sites so much for creditable information when really all they're really about is traffic.
    02-03-12 12:16 PM
    I admit, I laughed at the Lazaridis picture surrounded by the words "derp derp derp". At times that was kinda what he sounded like.

The tone of the articles is far worse than anything I read at BGR though.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-03-12 at 12:51 PM.
    02-03-12 12:40 PM
    Y'all get so riled up by opinions. It's funny, especially since any of us can create the same to express our own views.
    02-03-12 01:04 PM
    Blogs try to get hits through flamebait... Take your pick, most all of them do it.

People in general don't respond to levelheaded stuff.
    02-03-12 01:06 PM
    Stopped reading that blog. Don't waste my time on it any longer (just like BGR, Tech Crunch, and a whole pile of others).
    ignites likes this.
    02-03-12 02:24 PM
    Have you read comments from the Trolls here? I want people to go to other sites and write out their moronic and misinformed rants, maybe it will keep them away from here. Technology trolls are worse than religious nuts about how you have to convert platforms or burn in .
    02-03-12 03:33 PM
    Gizmodo is trash (like everything else on the Gaweker network) and has it has nothing to do with their coverage of RIM.

Remember how Gizmodo bought a stolen iPhone 4 prototype and stopped getting invited to Apple events?

Remember how they also plastered the name of the dude who lost the prototype all over their site and basically dragged him through the mud?

Remember how they got banned from CES for three years by being jerks and ruining presentations?

Now they're back with a new act! This time they're publicly humiliating some guy due to a mixup during a repair.

It turns out that iMessage stuff is tied to SIM cards so when a SIM got switched into some random guys phone, he started getting this dude's messages.

You probably underestimate how much of yourself you casually pour into texts each day. We know enough about this guy to stalk him, blackmail him, and harass him, using nothing more than what we've picked up. Based on only a handful of chitchat breadcrumbs and some Google work, we pinned down Wiz's home address, his Facebook profile, email address, personal information about friends, where he exercises, and�drumroll�the Apple store where he works. Yep! This Apple bug screwed an Apple employee�at the same store where our pal took her phone.
    However, this wasn't enough for Gizmodo. They decided that, naturally, they should follow this up by putting chunks of his messages on their site. Stuff like private messages between him and the chick he's dating, pictures of him in a hot tub, stuff like that.

It turns out he's an Apple store employee and they basically gave everyone online enough information to roughly figure out who this guy is if they're in the area.
    02-03-12 04:02 PM
    Read I-fan-gadget (engadget) it covers rim vaguely now and is not as negative as the two aforementioned bgr and gizmodo
    02-03-12 04:35 PM
    I remain fascinated by people who post on a forum at "crackberry.com" yet complain of bias as if it's something that only exists in other places.
    02-03-12 06:38 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD