I do not agree with most of what he wrote.. His judgement is based on nothing!
    But I do agree on the icons. I really love the whole look, but I don't like the design of a few icons like Media, Messages, Pictures, Videos.. A more polish look would be awesome. Something I asked myself too is the icon size. Really.. Why are some icons bigger then other? I think they its not that bad just because of the grey background..
    ... because it's unpolished beta and they don't want to spend time on a UI that will likely be fully revised prior to launch ?
    12-18-12 03:38 AM
    PAthetic loser dork! Why dignify the loser with a response. I remember reading a review by him(?) re the 9800 that I thought was such pathetic rubbish I was never able to take him seriously again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 03:46 AM
    ... because it's unpolished beta and they don't want to spend time on a UI that will likely be fully revised prior to launch ?
    I really hope you are right.. But when I look at the PlayBook.. Same story there..

Anyway, I like the whole look. I even like the grey background
    12-18-12 04:34 AM
    Look at it the way you must read it.
    "I'm desperately searching points to criticize and I only can tackle some UI design; yes I know, it's not final but I must foam the story to get hits".
    @OP : Please remove that link; don't give exposure and search engine promotion to crap.
    I was going to say that exact thing. The UI might not be to his liking but there are these things called "themes" that most phones have that let you change the look and feel...

The advance for BB10 is the gesture interface and "flow" display (ie you can push and pull menus and screens around instead of being on one screen or another.)

The author manages to avoid this entirely by using screenshots. It's like taking a picture of two cars and complaining the porsche looks like it is slower than the Focus...

That being said, a good marketing department would have been able to shutter these negative reviews but they are unable to do so. My only conclusion is there is still a level of hubris and/or incompetence floating around that part of RIM and they better fix it in about 45 days.
    12-18-12 07:00 AM
    You go with what works.....

Let's face it, all the major OS's do look and act very much the same.... except for maybe Window's live tiles.

Even many of the "new" functions that RIM has been working on and have showcased over the last year, are now features that other also have incorporated into their OS (not sure who was really first).

It is really all going to come down to what features on each platform are implemented the best for each individual buyer.
    Drew808 likes this.
    12-18-12 08:38 AM
    So would you rather have gigantic icons? Or 20 little square ios esque icons on a screen? Ok so the os IS boring like ios? Active frames, peek and flow. Very very boring indeed right? What you are looking at is a row of icons. Hey guess what android has rows of icons. Meego did. Webos did. Wp8 does. Ios does. Everything has icons in a static row at some point. And you do realize that the "inch" of space on the top and bottom of the screen serve a purpose right?
    Black bezel on top and bottom of the screen are touch sensative and are used for navigating the os and basic functions of the phone. The top and bottom black bar are there for you to hold, because otherwise, you would be activating different things within the os.
    Like it or not, a lot of people buy phones based on the general look of the handset. This phone just looks boring boring boring. The screen is nothing special, the gap at top and bottom look horrible...just looks like a touchscreen from 2-3 years ago (classic BB mentality). And yes, doing away with those huge black shadows would allow more icons on each page and give a much sharper appearance...all of this is very important to someone looking at a phone for the first time. Comparing this phone to meego, win phone 8 and webOS doesn't really make your point. Widgets are where it's at...not 4 giant squares that cannot be customized. It's like RIMM has been locked in a time capsule and can't find their way out. Flame flame flame away, but the epic failure of this phone and BB will prove my point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    12-18-12 08:50 AM
    This might come as a shock to you, but not everyone shares your sentiment on BB10 styling. There are some that actually think it's the best looking phone yet.

Like it or not, a lot of people buy phones based on the general look of the handset. This phone just looks boring boring boring. The screen is nothing special, the gap at top and bottom look horrible...just looks like a touchscreen from 2-3 years ago (classic BB mentality). And yes, doing away with those huge black shadows would allow more icons on each page and give a much sharper appearance...all of this is very important to someone looking at a phone for the first time. Comparing this phone to meego, win phone 8 and webOS doesn't really make your point. Widgets are where it's at...not 4 giant squares that cannot be customized. It's like RIMM has been locked in a time capsule and can't find their way out. Flame flame flame away, but the epic failure of this phone and BB will prove my point.

12-18-12 09:12 AM
    This might come as a shock to you, but not everyone shares your sentiment on BB10 styling. There are some that actually think it's the best looking phone yet.
    And then there's the vast majority that see a rectangular slab with a glass screen.
    Some are made of metal, some of rubber and some of plastic.

I think it's kind of silly to drool over the visual aesthetics of a modern smartphone.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-18-12 09:17 AM
    "but that square microphone button at the button"

What?
    12-18-12 10:08 AM
    BB10 has received its share of criticism as well from other sources, don't kid yourself.

That being said, I put zero stock in anything Gizmodo posts. They're generally jerks about everything.
    I stopped giving into their link bait years ago. I just wish everyone else would as well, lol.
    12-18-12 10:41 AM
    Wow, that article was as informative as a fart.

(To the author) At least come up with something of substance if you're going to take a dump.
    12-18-12 11:04 AM
    Probably meant as "Put the square microphone button at the bottom"
    12-18-12 11:18 AM
    Trying very hard to find negative points. Seems like a last ditch effort to turn around the positivity train that started about a month or two ago.
    MrHomz likes this.
    12-18-12 11:22 AM
    Of course some do...what I stated is not fact and only my opinion. I hope it turns out to be an awesome phone and millions buy it. Unfortunately from what little I've seen so far, I just don't believe that to be the case.

12-18-12 11:23 AM
    I'm sorry when did Gizmodo show BB any love? I highly doubt the writers at Gizmodo will change their opinions when BB10 is officially released.
    12-18-12 11:37 AM
    I really hope you are right.. But when I look at the PlayBook.. Same story there..
    Anyway, I like the whole look. I even like the grey background
    Nope, the opposite story, in did.
    1/ The OS will be fully polished prior to launch
    2/ The BB10 "brand" marketing has been planned and, I believe, very well mastered to give a few and keep serious secrets

PB was the ending of an era ...
    12-18-12 11:40 AM
    They are going to damage more their (very little) credibility rather than BB10, one of the best OS that will be available in the market.. so let's them writing biased reviews that no one thinks are accurate.....!!!
    12-18-12 11:41 AM
    never heard of him when it comes to unbiased proper reviews only intomobile and techcrunch keep it real for me.I had to delete BGR cause it was garbage nothing but oraneg phone talk horrendous stuff and the RIM hate just had to hit delete.intomobile and techcrunch do well engadget and verge are not bad for other gadget news their phone reviews just not worth it really.
    12-18-12 11:57 AM
    Actually, in a way this is a good sign. When criticisms get this bizarre and desperate, it's usually a good indication that the rest of it is looking pretty good. My first thought on reading that article was that the fellow seemed somewhat mentally ******** but it's probably more what psychologists refer to as a confirmation bias. He already has decided what he wants his opinion to be and finds what he can to support that. In this case, not very much of any critical value.

Having said that, it's still a good reminder that simply being good will not be enough for BB10 to succeed. For certain people it will have to be seen that other people like it.
    12-18-12 12:00 PM
    I think they should worry about they layout and look of their site before they try ripping Rim a new one. As usual nothing but slanted bias reviews from a pathetic wanna be site known as "Gizmodo".
    12-18-12 12:16 PM
    I'm with Bla1ze. Have we gotten so used to being bashed that our masochism requires we know how (not if) Gizmodo and BGR are going to bash RIM and BB users? Note: "The overall UI is pretty conservative, which isn't terrible considering the prototypical BlackBerry user needs something easy to use." Talk about bait for the fanboys. I think I have better things to do and better places to go on the 'net.
    12-18-12 12:50 PM
    I stopped reading right here.

The overall UI is pretty conservative, which isn't terrible considering the prototypical BlackBerry user needs something easy to use.
    12-18-12 12:57 PM
    Bunch of bastards, they changed the title of the article. It was a really, really harsh title against BB and I completely forgot what it was but when I first saw it my eyes literally popped out! Did anyone else see/remember it?

EDIT
    "Leaked BB10 Screenshots Look Like Every Other OS, Except Crappier"

Who in their right state of mind puts out a title like this!?
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 12-18-12 at 01:37 PM.
    12-18-12 01:22 PM
    BB10 looks better than the Gizmodo website.
    ain't that the truth.
    12-18-12 02:06 PM
    Bunch of bastards, they changed the title of the article. It was a really, really harsh title against BB and I completely forgot what it was but when I first saw it my eyes literally popped out! Did anyone else see/remember it?

EDIT
    "Leaked BB10 Screenshots Look Like Every Other OS, Except Crappier"

Who in their right state of mind puts out a title like this!?
    Gizmodo does. It's click bait, it's meant to grab attention. Obviously Gizmodo must still (sadly) be successful with their click baiting because they still exist. I haven't clicked a Gizmodo link in over 3 years, and I don't ever intend to click one. They're a bunch of hacks.
    12-18-12 02:10 PM
84 1234