Ive had my blackberry a little less then a year. Granted its been in the water a couple times and endured some drops here and here it has worked like a champ.

Then slowly it started deteriorating. Once the battery came out and it then took me two days of charging and trying to get the phone back. Everytime this has happened I have been able to nurture it back to working condition.

I now have to charge my phone off of a charging dock and I also have an external charger in which I keep one battery charging and one in my phone at at all times ( because it wont charge through the regular USB port ) When I do a quick switch of the batteries it always turns right on.

However this time it turned off in the middle of the night about two days ago...I may or may not have slept on it accidentally but the battery never came out. The next morning I realized it didn't start up and almost cried. Went home and put in my freshly charged other battery and nothing happened either.

I have had it on the charging dock and I get the dreaded battery with a lightning bolt symbol which seems odd because I know that both of the batteries are charged from the external charger and Im still getting a flickering lightening bolt screen and a quick red LED light then nothing.

I have noticed a couple times it makes it to the hour glass screen and tries to start up....doesn't make it all the way...stops then the keys light up and tries again. But after doing this for awhile it goes back to a lightening bolt screen.

Do I keep waiting or say the phone ran out of its many lives?? PLEASE HELP!! Thanks much
    01-02-10 10:29 PM
    you may be able to try and reload the os on the phone
    01-02-10 10:31 PM
    Ok i'll try that! From my understanding you arnt able to do this using a mac right?
    01-02-10 10:34 PM
    "in the water a couple times" ? .. I'd say you are living on borrowed time my friend. If you can get a replacement cheap or easy, go for it. You could go to ATT and try a new battery if they will give you one... beyond that, you may have to suck it up and realize these things are made for a lot of abuse, but getting wet isn't one of them. Not once, and certainly not twice. Good luck.
    01-02-10 10:38 PM
    EBay is going to be your friend. You can find them at reasonable prices but always have the seller email you the esn and pin. Then call your carrier and make sure that the phone is clear. Also try to buy from a seller who has a lot of feedback. And use paypal with a credit card so that you will have some recourse if there is a problem after receiving your new phone. I have bought several phones this way and have never had a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 11:51 PM
    I agree with jdoc above..."In the water a couple times" is one time more than the normal amount of times it takes to destroy an electronic device. You surely are on borrowed time my friend.

01-03-10 06:29 AM
    yeah, water tends to do horrible things.
    My husband gave his 9000 a cup of coffee and the thing gave up the ghost...tried to blow a hair dryer, put in in a bag with rice...nothing.

I'm sorry...I just loved my 8310 so I can understand how you feel.
    01-03-10 06:40 AM
    yeah, water tends to do horrible things.
    My husband gave his 9000 a cup of coffee and the thing gave up the ghost...tried to blow a hair dryer, put in in a bag with rice...nothing.

I'm sorry...I just loved my 8310 so I can understand how you feel.
    this is so funny my best friend at work did the same thing
    01-03-10 08:13 AM
    If the op is having to charge with a cradle, there is no way the OS can be reloaded.

01-03-10 08:18 AM
    In fact there is a video now on the 101 for nuked berries that actually shows the process starting without the battery. He may be able to get it back working.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    01-03-10 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD