Somehow I got elected to give a short presentation to our field team (which I am a part of) and I just want to point out the most useful and time saving functions/features that people can use to make their communications easier and more efficient. Already have these subjects covered, if there are any you can think of that you can't live without, please let me know! Presenting to an audience with devices from 8330 and newer....

Here's what I'm already covering:

Homescreen shortcuts
    Other application shortcuts (like R and F in messages)
    Autotext
    app switcher
    battery pulls
    optimal browser settings
    favorite apps (vlingo, viigo, poynt)

What other functions do you use every day?

Thanks!
    06-07-10 07:51 AM
    SPACE to move down through web pages. T for top of page and B for bottom.

SPACE again when typing the PERIOD in url addresses.
    06-07-10 08:02 AM
    Time zone functionality if your field force crosses time zones.
    You probably have these but here's a little list of keyboard shortcuts I've compiled over time:
    � Switch apps: Alt-Escape
    � Soft reboot: Alt-R.Shift-Del
    � PgDn (most screens): SPACE
    � PgUp (most screens): Shift-SPACE
    � Top of list/page: T
    � Bottom of list/page: B
    � Delete-at-cursor: Alt-DEL or Shift-DEL
    � Reply (in msg): R
    � ReplyAll (in msg): L
    � Forward (in msg): F
    � Compose (msg list): C
    � Show outgoing (msg list): Alt-O
    � Show incoming (msg list): Alt-I
    � Show phone log (msg list): Alt-P
    � Show SMS (msg list): Alt-S
    � Show MMS (msg list): Alt-M
    � Show E-Mail (msg list): Alt-E
    � Prev day's msgs (msg list): P
    � Next day's msgs (msg list): N
    � "About" info ALT + EACE or Alt+LeftShift+h
    � In Browser, click U to hide/display header
    � In Browser, click D to hiDe
    � In Browser, click-hold trackball to switch between page and column
    � Telephone keypad (in call or phone list, eg 1-800-BESTBUY): Alt + keyboard letter you want to dial.
    � IP, Status� in phone, #HELP*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 08:04 AM
    Do a brief over view of the CrackBerry.com How to Lecture series

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series
    06-07-10 08:07 AM
    BerryBuzz
    Quicklaunch
    06-07-10 08:36 AM
    Somehow I got elected to give a short presentation to our field team (which I am a part of) and I just want to point out the most useful and time saving functions/features that people can use to make their communications easier and more efficient. Already have these subjects covered, if there are any you can think of that you can't live without, please let me know! Presenting to an audience with devices from 8330 and newer....

Here's what I'm already covering:

Homescreen shortcuts
    Other application shortcuts (like R and F in messages)
    Autotext
    app switcher
    battery pulls
    optimal browser settings
    favorite apps (vlingo, viigo, poynt)

What other functions do you use every day?

Thanks!
    The shortcut that I use alot is the "double space to enter period" and holding down the letter to capatalize. Those are really nice, I use them all the time.

Autotext is one that's really nice. I've noticed that when there's a word that I like to have a certain way, if it's not in the Autotext already, it's easy to go in there and add a new word. That's really handy.

Something that I would be sure to mention is that you can customize the side convenience buttons to do whatever function the individual chooses. That's a feature I'd certainly touch on.

As far as browser settings, just make sure that the "Support Javascript" box is checked, as well as the "support for embedded media". That will render the web pages the way they should be shown.

Favorite Apps? I like BerryBuzz, Facebook, Twitter, ScoreMobile, Pandora. I'm also a big fan of BBM, make sure to touch on the group chat functionality, and how that may be beneficial in helping a whole group of folks communicate in one place, instead of someone having to send seperate messages out to each individual, they can send one message to the group, highly efficient. Also mention that you can create folders to keep things organized on the main app screen, I use this one myself to keep things cleaned up and organized.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    06-07-10 08:41 AM
    Use of Convenience keys, with VAD (Voice Activated Dialing), or the substitute I use called Vlingo, and the camera, OR how they can program them to anything they want, such has quicklaunch, or any other app or BB function.
    06-07-10 09:01 AM
    Setting up Bluetooth headsets.
    Betting up BIS email accounts (if appropriate)
    BES enterprise activation (if appropriate)
    06-07-10 02:16 PM
    Show them how to do a backup and restore and if necessary an advanced restore. Show them the RIM documentation for OS errors. Show them how to do an OS upload so they don't have to bother you or the carrier when they have to do this, which they will no doubt. Show them the calender and the alarm function. Contact information and the benefit of using all fields. Show em how to "Hide" and "Unhide" screen icons. Show em how to move icons and how to search for em once they move without knowing where they moved em to.
    06-07-10 02:23 PM
    how you can use BBM to make calendar appointments with all attendees in a BBM group.. really, you could mention BBM groups in general, there are a lot of ways to collaborate through this vessel..
    06-07-10 03:10 PM
    Enabling Mass storage mode so your pc sees your bb as a removable drive when plugged in. Makes transferring and editing media folders much easier than using DM. Menu/Options/Memory
    Media Card Support-On
    Mass Storage Mode Support-On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected-Yes
    I also enable compression, it seems to help after large amounts of media files get loaded all at once.

Last edited by albee 1; 06-07-10 at 04:18 PM.
    06-07-10 04:09 PM
    All excellent points, some I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks!

06-07-10 06:09 PM
    Crackberry. We're here for them. Just ask them to search before posting

and tell them what to do if they ever drop it in water
    06-07-10 06:19 PM
    Just show them how to use this website, I taught myself all of the above using this website!

06-08-10 03:26 AM
    Just show them how to use this website, I taught myself all of the above using this website!

+1
    Everything I've come to learn about BB has either come from here, or from my personal use. This site is an indespensible resource.
    06-08-10 08:28 AM
    Don't forget how to access the wap version of this site from their phone and how to DL the CB podcast!!!!!!
    06-08-10 10:28 AM
    Aside from messaging, I suggest covering how to use the PIM functions effectively. Contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, and my fav password keeper. These are powerful tools if you know how to use them and use them quickly. How to select, copy, cut, and paste. Homescreen dialing off to open up hotkeys. How to search and view history for a contact. How to save messages and/or flag them for follow up. How to set up notification profiles and how to set your Berry to silent or vibrate quickly. Seeing as its a field team, how to use BB maps or google maps to find locations and save them for later use. How to save, store, and share files. How to use the menu key Its surprising how many people do not think to use the menu key to see what options they have or if there is a help item in an application. And last but not least, make sure they have a password set for the device

06-08-10 11:23 AM
    Went very well thanks to all of your suggestions. Thanks!
    06-09-10 01:05 AM
    Went very well thanks to all of your suggestions. Thanks!
    Bravo!! Now what did you cover?
    06-09-10 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD