I am giving my GF my old 9700 but before I do I want to remove everything! from it. Nothing dodgy on there but you never know what she deems to be dodgy that I didn't...... I'm sure most blokes understand. So do I just do a full data wipe? anything else to consider? How do I stop any old contacts using the PIN and BBM to send message to the phone?

Cheers
    08-27-11 11:10 AM
    The most secure way is to reinstall OS in that way you are shore you dont have any data on the phone.
    But about the BBM contact i might think you have to leave wit it cause is no way to stop that, only if you ignore them all.

Clean Instal OS 101

--
    08-27-11 11:28 AM
    Use BBSAK, wipe the device, then reload the operating system.

Posted from my Inspire 4G at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 11:36 AM
    cheers fellas. on it. the BBM thing is a strange situation which i thought RIM would have address by now.
    08-27-11 03:32 PM
    If you are switching to another BlackBerry you can use the device switcher on the Desktop software, this will update your BBM contact's phones automatically with your new PIN, without you or them needing to do anything, this means any BBM messages from existing contacts would just come to the new BB. Problem solved unless you're not switching to another BB or have people who you have given your old PIN to who haven't added you yet.
    08-27-11 03:53 PM
    The most secure way is to reinstall OS in that way you are shore you dont have any data on the phone.
    But about the BBM contact i might think you have to leave wit it cause is no way to stop that, only if you ignore them all.

Clean Instal OS 101

--
    Change the name of the username BBM had, then delete all the contacts. That's one way of doing things. But let them all know first! (and remove the old pin from your profile on here/other sites)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 04:06 PM
    Just do a device switch in Desktop Software, wipe the old phone, and you're good.
    08-27-11 04:43 PM
    Thanks guys. On it today.
    08-28-11 07:15 AM
    I think if you just delete all the contacts It will be okay, on bbm i get random invites so It won't matter Its normal lol
    08-28-11 11:00 AM
    cheers fellas. on it. the BBM thing is a strange situation which i thought RIM would have address by now.

It doesn't need addressing,

YOU should have done a device change wizard which would have moved your contacts from Device 1 to Device 2, it would have been seamless to your BBM contacts and they would now have your new PIN and not your old on.

as for Pin to Pin Messaging, again doesn't need fixing, the majority of people don't hand down their phones when they heavily use PIN to PIN messages.
    If you change devices regularly you should use email or BBM.
    08-28-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD