Calling all members!

We have a prominent member here at CB that needs your help. They are in serious risk of having their family home foreclosed, and I do not want to see that happen. As many of you know from experience, we all fall on hard times, and just need a little help to get back on our feet. At this time, the member in need wishes to remain anonymous. I know that I for one have been personally helped by this member, and I know many of you have been as well. Our goal is to raise at least $4,000 to prevent this member from losing the home they provide for their family that they have worked so hard to make their own. While this might seem like a lot of money, if we all pitch in any little that we can, it wont take long to save this American Dream.

I know there have been many generous donations recently, but this time when you give you have a chance to receive as well. Thanks to Horizon Wireless, OtterBox , Troy Brown Professional Consulting, BEIKS, and Themes From IL we will enter everyone who donates into a giveaway.

Currently our prizes include:
    2x Replacement Trackball
    2x 4GB SanDisk MicroSD Cards
    2x Unlock Codes
    2x 1 Hour Computer/Networking Consulting
    1 Free Custom Designed Theme, and all files (including source file and icon sets)
    3x OtterBox Case of choice from BlackBerry Cases // OtterBox.com
    1x Pair of Ray-Ban Sunglasses, model 3193 004/82 Gunmetal grey, Polarized, with soft case and cloth (image attached)
    10x Full Version of Noah Bible Viewer
    10x BlackBerry BOLD Skin in Black

And for anyone who donates $50 or more, you will also be entered to win:

A Brand New Toshiba Satellite Notebook w/15" Display and DVD/CD Burner!

I am sure this list of prizes will grow, but please don't wait. The sooner we can raise the money the better, but the deadline is midnight, September 7th, EST.

Once you have made your donation, please PM me with your email address and confirmation # for verification.

I would like to thank Horizon Wireless, Troydbrown, ezrunner, DacyJ, and BCollins521 for all of their help. Now lets all pull together to help save a very good resource from tragedy!

To donate, please click the image below:

Note: This is being run concurrent at BlackBerryBoards.com and BlackberryForums.com and is independent of any specific forum. This being said, all moderators/admins are welcome to participate and will not have any advantage when it comes to winning. Anyone who donates a prize will not be eligible to win the prize they donate. Winners will be picked at random from all entries at ALL forums combined, with no predetermined amount of winners per forum.
    08-18-08 05:09 PM
    Hey Nick get on Yahoo brother. And count me in!
    08-18-08 05:13 PM
    so to enter you just donate?
    08-18-08 05:19 PM
    Is this for real?
    08-18-08 05:23 PM
    That is correct, just donate and send me a PM with your email address and confirmation number, that way I can match it to your user name to enter you in the drawing.
    08-18-08 05:24 PM
    Is this for real?
    I was wondering that myself...especially since the OP is fairly new to this forum.

08-18-08 05:25 PM
    I am fairly new, but a couple people on here know me. I am an established member at a couple other forums, but I can usually find what I need here without having to post.
    08-18-08 05:29 PM
    i don't know if i trust someone with 33 posts with my charitable donation...
    08-18-08 05:30 PM
    i don't know if i trust someone with 33 posts with my charitable donation...
    i agree, none-the-less i am a broke college student...= no money to donate lol.
    08-18-08 05:40 PM
    Is this for real?
    YES this is for real! I know Nick and he's very trustworthy! Also has plenty of $$$ and doesn't need donations. So I just want to let everyone know.
    08-18-08 05:49 PM
    YES this is for real! I know Nick and he's very trustworthy! Also has plenty of $$$ and doesn't need donations. So I just want to let everyone know.
    if he has plenty of $$ and DOESNT need donations and knows this person who needs it...why is he asking us??
    08-18-08 05:57 PM
    I do not need donations for myself, but I do not have enough money personally to bail this other member out completely. I am just trying to help a friend out in a very rough time.
    08-18-08 05:59 PM
    So what happens when the rent is due next month?
    08-18-08 06:02 PM
    I did make sure that this person will be able to maintain the mortgage if he gets caught up. I would not be doing this for him if he would be in the same boat in 3 months again
    08-18-08 06:04 PM
    People, lighten up a bit. Not everything is a scam.
    I don't know Nick, but I do trust Crucial. His assurance
    is ALL the assurance I need. Had he not vouched for
    Nick I would have passed.
    08-18-08 06:04 PM
    Lighten up? Please take into account that before X~ posted that he knew this member, the rest of us had nothing to go on. We're getting anonymous this and that. I mean, this is the same type of scam that can be found anywhere else.

So please, as hard as money is to come by, dont tell people who dont know this person from Adam coat rack to lighten up. If you didnt know someone that could vouch for him, you'd be skeptical too.

Also, just b/c someone is "known" on other forums means nothing when they come to another forum they're not known on and ask people to donate. I'm truly not trying to be a b/i/t/c/h here, but there are plenty of variables that all need to consider before telling the rest of us that someone WE dont know is such a stand up guy!

And if Nick should suddenly disappear into the blue, those of you telling us to lighten up would be the first to say, "I didnt expect that to happen!"
    08-18-08 06:14 PM
    I agree AG Crucial's word is all I need
    08-18-08 06:18 PM
    Ummm you are donating through paypal. If it is a scam, you could get your money back. Now if you don't want to donate, that's something else, but please don't make excuses
    08-18-08 06:19 PM
    Lighten up? Please take into account that before X~ posted that he knew this member, the rest of us had nothing to go on. We're getting anonymous this and that. I mean, this is the same type of scam that can be found anywhere else.

So please, as hard as money is to come by, dont tell people who dont know this person from Adam coat rack to lighten up. If you didnt know someone that could vouch for him, you'd be skeptical too.

Also, just b/c someone is "known" on other forums means nothing when they come to another forum they're not known on and ask people to donate. I'm truly not trying to be a b/i/t/c/h here, but there are plenty of variables that all need to consider before telling the rest of us that someone WE dont know is such a stand up guy!

And if Nick should suddenly disappear into the blue, those of you telling us to lighten up would be the first to say, "I didnt expect that to happen!"
    Ok, both of you make good points. I totally understand both. Scan all I believe AG is saying is that even after I posted, people are still saying it's a scam. But I totally get your point as well, I would have been skeptical had I not known Nick.

LETS NOT GET OFF TRACK here. This thread is for someone in need, and let's not bicker PLEASE. Yes, I know $$$ is tough right now for most in the US. So if you cannot afford to donate, it is alright and nobody will hold it against you. If you CAN afford to help, someone is in desperate need of help, and well, thats what life is ALL about. So give what you can, should you so choose. I just don't want us to lose focus of what is trying to be accomplished here. Thanks.
    08-18-08 06:24 PM
    If you didnt know someone that could vouch for him, you'd be skeptical too.
    And I was! It wasn't until someone I know and trust vouched for him that
    my suspicions were allayed. But YOU are right, Lighten up was an absolutely
    bad turn of phrase. And for that I do apologize.
    08-18-08 06:26 PM
    This is a good cause.

Nick was instrumental in helping another BB community member as well earlier this year and many of us take advantage of the site he runs maybe you have heard of it dataoutages.com

all donations are welcome if you are skeptical pass. we are only attempting to help someone in need.
    08-18-08 06:59 PM
    I do understand why some of you were skeptical, and that's fine. I'm not telling anyone they HAVE to dobnate, just asking for those who can to consider helping. Even if its just $5, it will help, as it all adds up.

Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 07:10 PM
    This is a good cause.

Nick was instrumental in helping another BB community member as well earlier this year and many of us take advantage of the site he runs maybe you have heard of it dataoutages.com

all donations are welcome if you are skeptical pass. we are only attempting to help someone in need.
    Correct. I have tried to let everyone know this is legit and Nick is a good guy. Here is more evidence.

I do understand why some of you were skeptical, and that's fine. I'm not telling anyone they HAVE to dobnate, just asking for those who can to consider helping. Even if its just $5, it will help, as it all adds up.

Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Of course. But this IS a good cause. And those you can afford to help do, it would be greatly appreciated.
    08-18-08 07:12 PM
    I have just received some more prizes that I have added to the giveaway. BEIKS has generously donated 10 full copies of the Noah Bible Viewer to be given away as part of this effort. Thanks BEIKS!
    08-18-08 08:40 PM
    Do I have enough posts and history here to have any credibility?

This effort is for a good cause, for a good person who is in very tight times just now.

Nick is simply spearheading an effort and giving leadership to an effort that others like myself are behind.

I've contributed and will likely do even more.

Your $$s will go to a good cause, you can trust on that.
    08-19-08 08:53 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD