There we go, keep defending your phones. You guys are so defensive!
    I'm not saying BB doesn't function and do what it does but to say it's up to par with other phones "because it does everything I need it to do" is ********. In the end RIM is falling way behind. Just look through some of these threads. I bet over half are people complaing on how much RIM blows and how they hate their BB and how they can't wait to move on.
    Alright, enough is enough. First of all, the use of the word "********" is both offensive, AND childish. It's a word bandied about mostly by pre-teens and teens. Secondly, If someone says a product does what THEY want it to do, then ergo, that item is sufficient and useful. YOU don't need to "vote" on their choice--they don't need YOU to decide for them what device is THEIR best choice. Besides which, hardly anyone keeps devices for long. Today they may feel a BB works for them--next month they may be switching to Android or the Jesus phone. NO choice they make, makes them "********". This is a grown-up's forum--not a PS3 or XBOX forum. Please act accordingly. thank you.
    Ferretling likes this.
    02-26-11 02:28 PM
    Whoa, well you sure showed me. Sorry tough guy. I guess I know my place.
    Last edited by meyer; 02-26-11 at 02:47 PM.
    02-26-11 02:43 PM
    Whoa, well you sure showed me. Sorry tough guy. I guess I know my place.
    Your childish response merely illustrates you immaturity. Even if you are old enough to vote, one wouldn't know it from your behavior. If you think my stance is "tough", so be it.
    02-26-11 02:56 PM
    I love my BlackBerry. And I don't care what anyone else thinks. Everyone has different opinions. I didn't like my iPhone, it wasn't for ME. It is definitely the phone of choice for many people. Bashing each other because of our phone preferences is silly.
    1812dave likes this.
    02-26-11 02:57 PM
    I have numerous friends with iPhones who act just like this meyer dude. Except to the point that some of these people say I should go die for using a BB. He needs to grow up. For the record, the iPhone DOESN'T do everything I need it to (wireless presentations, without a laptop). It also lacks a physical keypad unless you go buy a bluetooth one, which will drain the battery like a dog! I used an iPod Touch long enough to know what an iPhone will be like, and darn it do I prefer BlackBerry by a long shot. If meyer, that makes me ********, then I am ******** and PROUD.

I will use WHAT I WANT TO USE. And we are merely sharing our experiences with the OP. Don't call us ******* for sharing our opinions. I'm taking a tough stance because THAT IS WHAT IS REQUIRED WITH YOU.

Also, read my signature... it says it all. If you're determined to convince someone how great the Jesus phone is and how I HAVE to use that over the BlackBerry, when I prefer BlackBerry and everything, then really, it isn't so great. If the phone was so great, it wouldn't need constant convincing to people who have no interest, intent, or desire to use it.
    1812dave and Jake Storm like this.
    02-26-11 03:17 PM
    I'm not saying BB doesn't function and do what it does but to say it's up to par with other phones "because it does everything I need it to do" is ********. In the end RIM is falling way behind. Just look through some of these threads. I bet over half are people complaing on how much RIM blows and how they hate their BB and how they can't wait to move on.
    Meyer has been drinking too much of the new Apple Water.

Apple blasts into supermarkets with revolutionary Apple Water*|*Scoopertino
    02-27-11 07:59 AM
    Do Christians/Catholics/Baptists get offended when you refer to iPhone as "Jesus phone"?

Probably equal to the amount of folks that are offended by someone saying ********.

Both seem pretty childish. You're all acting like ******** Jesuses.

If you're going to call someone out for being offensive, you might want to watch what you say. Just sayin...

I'm not offended by either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-27-11 at 08:13 AM.
    02-27-11 08:03 AM
    Do Christians/Catholics/Baptists get offended when you refer to iPhone as "Jesus phone"?

Probably equal to the amount of folks that are offended by someone saying ********.

Both seem pretty childish. You're all acting like ******** Jesuses.

If you're going to call someone out for being offensive, you might want to watch what you say. Just sayin...

I'm not offended by either.

I'm Christian and I freely use the term "Jesus phone" due to the obvious--Apple fans act as if Steve Jobs is the second coming. Call it childish if you wish--I just call 'em as I see them.
    02-27-11 10:29 AM
    Lol. Na, I don't really care. I laugh when I hear it called that. I just never understood why it's called that. I'm not too up on Apple and Jobs.

I'm atheist so it doesn't bother me.

02-27-11 10:48 AM
    Lol. Na, I don't really care. I laugh when I hear it called that. I just never understood why it's called that. I'm not too up on Apple and Jobs.

I'm atheist so it doesn't bother me.

And it doesn't bother me that you are an atheist.
    02-27-11 11:04 AM
    Good. And soon we will unite with Android power and take over! Muhaha

02-27-11 11:09 AM
    Good. And soon we will unite with Android power and take over! Muhaha

So true!! LOL!
    02-27-11 11:17 AM
    You're welcome. PM Me your address. I have a nice fresh baked cookie and a gold star for you.
    No one wants to eat the troll crap you're trying to feed them.
    02-27-11 12:00 PM
    Why do threads have to diminish to this? We should be able to compare and contrast without all the name calling.

I have used iPhones, Android, and Blackberries. All have their good and bad points. There is no perfect phone. Right now the BB 9700 fits my needs as I await the Dakota to see if it will be my next choice. In fact, I would argue, it is a good thing to have choices as consumers. It keeps all of these companies pushing themselves to the limits to keep up and we are the winners. JMHO.
    02-27-11 12:17 PM
    Why do threads have to diminish to this? We should be able to compare and contrast without all the name calling.

I have used iPhones, Android, and Blackberries. All have their good and bad points. There is no perfect phone. Right now the BB 9700 fits my needs as I await the Dakota to see if it will be my next choice. In fact, I would argue, it is a good thing to have choices as consumers. It keeps all of these companies pushing themselves to the limits to keep up and we are the winners. JMHO.
    I total agree, let all the companies keep putting out new and better stuff. I like the idea that I can have the option to select the best device that fits my needs and wants.
    02-27-11 01:37 PM
    wow last time i ask a question about which device is better on a forum..ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah this is like the funnies thing ive ever read...thanks for the help..ive decided to go wit the blackberry, sell the iphone and get a ipod touch.
    02-28-11 07:08 AM
    Good choice in my opinion

02-28-11 08:42 AM

There's only ONE explanation I can think of. Some guys/gals have an " I heart iphone4/EVO/Bold" tattooed on their azzz and have pictures to prove it! That's why they need to convince everyone that it's the Best.

02-28-11 09:09 AM
    There's only ONE explanation I can think of. Some guys/gals have an " I heart iphone4/EVO/Bold" tattooed on their azzz and have pictures to prove it! That's why they need to convince everyone that it's the Best.

LOL. Like having an old girlfriends name tattooed on your arm when your thinking about marrying someone else.
    02-28-11 04:23 PM
    Use the device and figure it out yourself. Do not make a decision based off of what other people tell you. Especially ones you do not know that are online.

Test drive a BB for 30 days and see if you like it, if not, return it.
    This! However, if it helps, I'll give you my 2 cents for free.

I had an iPhone. I also had 2 droids (the original Motorola Droid and the Droid X). I loved the touch screen for about two weeks on all three, but I grew to hate it--I went back to my BB each time. I could've saved a lot of $$ if I just stayed with old faithful. The iPhone interface was nice, and it was clean and polished, but it just didn't feel right. I feel like BBs are just the best when it comes down to person-to-person communication, but then again, it's all personal preference.

I have my 8530 and could not be happier with it. I like having physical buttons! The best advice really is to try the BB and see if you like it more than your iPhone 4. Believe me, you will know.
    Last edited by ellie8976; 02-28-11 at 08:52 PM. Reason: I see you've already decided--good choice, IMHO!
    02-28-11 08:26 PM
    when iphone dropped on Verizon, I was thinking of defecting simply because of the superior hardware it has and the app dev it brings. Then I thought about it carefully and thought for a second about what mattered most to me.... apps? or communication??? In the end, I think BB still strikes the right balance in "communications" which is what I need and what originally made a cell phone "a cell phone!". It may not have the hardware specs, the apps, and the glamor to match, but I look at my BB like a swiss army knife that gets the job done, particularly with BIS, email, messaging, security, and utility apps.

I get mad when I think that the specs can and should be better. And the battery life excuse does get tiring when I hear it. But in the end, that longer life is a plus, and the roadmap def does look promising.

I dont think anyone is looking for a BB thats on parr with the new 4g droids coming or.... or even an iphone 5 this summer, but I think if it actually made an attempt to come close to that and still have its amazing platform capability, thats all thats needed to make a lot of us very happy. I think 2011 is gonna be a pretty good year
    03-01-11 12:48 AM
    I'm probably in the minority here among the BB faithful. BB was the only smartphone I've owned in the last 5 years....but when OS6 came out and I had to do gyrations just to read a web page and then heard, "well that's just the way it is with OS6", I decided to jump to the VZ iphone. Now I know why people are nuts about it. iOS is simply amazing, intuitive, best interface known to mankind, and NOT buggy. To me it strikes the perfect balance between communication and entertainment. On my 9650 there was no difference in browser speed when my phone was in wifi mode or not. My iphone is blazing on wifi and twice as fast in cell mode than my BB ever was. I don't have a bunch of apps, but the same ones I had on my BB are much more robust and just flat easier to use on my iphone. And the Facetime video calling feature is just amazing. Yeah, I don't get my emails or tweets instantly anymore, but I get them soon enough, and it's actually refreshing not have the constant notifications. I thought I'd be a Crackberry addict forever, but now I know why people kept telling me, once I got an iphone, I'd never have anything else. Comparing iphone to BB now is like comparing BB to a Samsung Blackjack.
    Last edited by rightmuch; 03-08-11 at 02:39 PM.
    03-08-11 02:00 PM
    I used a friend's iPhone for a few hours. Note, it took me all of two hours to be wholly comfortable with OS6, and this is my first BB. The iPhone and iOS? No, I didn't find it intuitive at all. It may be amazing, and it may be intuitive to SOME and the best for SOME, but not for "all mankind". I'm glad you're happy with your iPhone, don't get me wrong. But it's only the best for you, not the best overall. Smartphone users have too many different needs for there to be one single "best" any-phone.
    03-08-11 04:54 PM
    when iphone dropped on Verizon, I was thinking of defecting simply because of the superior hardware it has and the app dev it brings. Then I thought about it carefully and thought for a second about what mattered most to me.... apps? or communication??? In the end, I think BB still strikes the right balance in "communications" which is what I need and what originally made a cell phone "a cell phone!". It may not have the hardware specs, the apps, and the glamor to match, but I look at my BB like a swiss army knife that gets the job done, particularly with BIS, email, messaging, security, and utility apps.

I get mad when I think that the specs can and should be better. And the battery life excuse does get tiring when I hear it. But in the end, that longer life is a plus, and the roadmap def does look promising.

I dont think anyone is looking for a BB thats on parr with the new 4g droids coming or.... or even an iphone 5 this summer, but I think if it actually made an attempt to come close to that and still have its amazing platform capability, thats all thats needed to make a lot of us very happy. I think 2011 is gonna be a pretty good year
    Whats the most important feature that "I" need in a phone. Key word...."I"...Do I need all the bells and whistles or a "PHONE" (communication device). BLACKBERRY is an excellent way to "communicate". In the future I will see what happens but for right now R.I.M. satisfies "my" needs. To each his/her own. I totally agree with this post
    03-08-11 05:12 PM
    My buddy is getting rid of his iPhone and getting 2 Torch's.
    03-08-11 05:16 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD